Donuts -Not giving in

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • At work it's clean up day, they have really delicious donuts for breakfast. I am not giving in. I think finally this weight loss will work. Usually I have no will power. I walked up to the box, looked at them and then said "Nope, not worth it" YAY for me!

• WTG! What a victory!
  • Good job, passing up sweet treats can be so hard so you deserve to pat yourself on the back! Yay you!
  • Nice job! I had the EXACT same experience yesterday. Managed to make it through the day with loads of people walking by munching on donusts. It just about killed me--until I jumped on the scale this morning. Totally worth it!
  • Sombody brought in a box of St Patrick's cookies this morning. They are probably stale, right? I couldn't eat stale cookies, could I?

Good job avoiding the doughnuts, Mayson!!!!
  • Donuts are the easiest thing for me to reject. They don't even taste good, it's just sugar and lard, nothing else. A friend of mine worked (briefly) at Krispy Kreme. She said "Don't eat them, if you only knew what goes into them". I actually never ate them so I did not need the warning. I shudder at the thought of donuts.
  • I am attracted to lard like a moth to a light! I especially like the commercial cake frosting which is pretty much lard and sugar.
  • Congrats onthe willpower. I'm not a big donut person (sweets first thing in the morning make me feel queasy!) but I have the same problems when people bring in snacky stuff in the afternoon- I know how hard it is to walk past them!

• I'm very lucky I have a girlfriend here at work who tells me, "don't eat the cookies someone sneezed on them!" whenever someone brings a goody to work. I know she is lying but she's doing it to help me...by the time I process the mental picture I no longer want whatever it is anyway.

Good job on passing up those donuts. Someone sneezed on them anyway.
  • That is hilarious and made me laugh. Instead I ate salad and everyone came to my office and was jealous because my salad dressing smelled so good (Lot's of garlic, it's homemade). I said, "You guys ate doughnuts, I ate this" and they said "well the doughnuts tasted good" and I said "so does my salad but the bonus is that it's good for me too"
  • Quote: That is hilarious and made me laugh.
    I am laughing out loud myself.
  • Quote: Instead I ate salad and everyone came to my office and was jealous because my salad dressing smelled so good (Lot's of garlic, it's homemade). I said, "You guys ate doughnuts, I ate this" and they said "well the doughnuts tasted good" and I said "so does my salad but the bonus is that it's good for me too"
    That is just AWESOME!!!! You keep at it. Just hold onto that mindset. It will take you very, very far.

Polkadot, that is funny and really useful! I'm gonna tuck it away and use it sometimes.
  • Wee! I didn't eat donuts, either! For some reason, someone brought them in yesterday. Fortunately, they give me wretched heartburn something fierce post-gallbladder surgery, so it wasn't a major exercise of willpower, but still... Looked good!

Then, when I got in and started the coffee, there were two left: both with big bites taken out of them. Freakin' gross!? Who the **** does that?!

I feel proud that I A) did not eat a donut, and B) am not gross enough to take a bite and leave it. Hehe.

• That's GREAT!!