3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Hey can you name 3 things you have learned on your weight loss journey (for fun) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/138520-hey-can-you-name-3-things-you-have-learned-your-weight-loss-journey-fun.html)

Tavinni 03-31-2008 10:30 AM

Hey can you name 3 things you have learned on your weight loss journey (for fun)

3 Things I have learned on my weight loss journey...

1. A large is a size to make small people think they're big, and for big people to know they are getting small
2. One size does not fit all
3. Your feet can lose weight too! :)

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 03-31-2008 10:44 AM

what triggers me to eat
shopping can be fun
making better choices

rockinrobin 03-31-2008 10:57 AM

Oh gosh, I have learned soooo much. It would be kinda hard for me to pinpoint 3 of them, when there are literally hundreds of things I've learned, but I'll give it a shot.

-I learned that all along I really had the control I thought I didn't. I just needed to dig down deep enough and want to lose weight badly ENOUGH to get a hold of it.
-I learned that the scale is not the enemy. Nor the food. It was me the whole time. I was my own worst enemy. If I treat myself well, haha, the scale is indeed my buddy. A good buddy at that.
-I learned I will need to count or at least estimate my calories for the rest of my life (or at least til I'm 88, at that time, I just may decide to give it a rest), it is the only thing that holds me accountable and lets me be brutally honest with myself
-And planning. I can't say enough about it. Like my signature says (got that from someone here at 3FC) - "Failure to plan, is planning to fail" It is without a doubt one of the truest statements I have ever heard.

All right and now can I add in some fun ones?

-Shopping for clothing is AWESOME. Wearing feminine clothing and having my own style, instead of settling for whatever tent fit around me is AWESOME. Feeling sexy is AWESOME too.
-Collarbones are better then any jewelry in the world. They are priceless.
-All the hard work is worth it (see above)

EDITED TO ADD: Oops, I see I put 4 in the first section. Truth is, I could have put 44 in the first (and then some) and double and triple that in the second. :)

Hat Trick 03-31-2008 10:59 AM

Real food tastes real good.
Waiting until you're ready to gnaw your arm off to eat is stupid.
Exercise works.

srmb60 03-31-2008 11:13 AM

Just three? Hmmm ....

1.You need to eat less and move more ... anything else is personalization and window trimming.

2.Walking is easy, cheap, fun, relaxing ... can be social or alone time ... indoor/outdoor ... and is very effective. How darned nearly perfect is that?

3.A little muscle is slim, shapely, sexy, healthy and not that hard to make.

:devil:That was kinda cheating:devil:

yoyonomoreinvegas 03-31-2008 11:14 AM

Not eating doesn't work
1500 calories from Burger King can make you fat, 1500 calories of "real" food will make you thinner and healthier
Discovering you need to "tweak" your original plan doesn't mean you (or the plan) "failed" - just means you and your body are learning to communicate better.

bargoo 03-31-2008 11:28 AM

Any product that says lose 30 pounds in 10 days is a lie!
Any product that says lose 20 pounds in 10 days is a lie!
Any product that sounds too good to be true probably is.

Sgirl 03-31-2008 11:32 AM

1) I don't need nearly as much food as I thought I did
2) It's ok not to finish ALL the food on your plate, just save it for later
3) I'm happy with myself now and when I get to my goal weight and see fat pictures I'll think "I was a good looking fat person and now I'm a good looking thin person".

mandalinn82 03-31-2008 12:07 PM

1. I am a really, really good cook, especially when presented with fresh, local, in-season produce. It's hard to make that taste bad, but I think I do an exceptional job at making really tasty, really healthy food.
2. I like frilly, girly dresses. A lot.
3. Being strong feels amazing.

onelife2live 03-31-2008 12:38 PM

Consistency is Key
Keeping a food journal will keep you accountable to yourself
Veggies and fruit taste good!

mommamurray 03-31-2008 12:39 PM

I learned that the only thing stopping me from losing weight was me getting off my butt and getting moving.
Planning my food helps me stay on track.. not buying junk for anyone in the house is a good thing.. they will thank me later .
I am in it for the long haul.. I never say I cant have something.. I just say I dont want it. Its just not worth it.

BattleAx 03-31-2008 12:52 PM

1. Oh my gosh, I CAN do this! Wow!

2. I am not making sacrifices. I am making the choices necessary to regain a happy, healthy life. That could possibly include a ....love life!....

3. The scale will eventually move, and I don't have to starve to make it move.

LittleMoonRabbit 03-31-2008 12:53 PM

1. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight- it is, in fact, the complete opposite- Eat, Eat, Eat!
2. I actually really enjoy exercising
3. Inches lost are more important than pounds lost

polkadotfever 03-31-2008 01:03 PM

1) consistency is key. just keep plugging along and doing the work and you will make it.

2) water is really important.

3) i don't need nor do i miss all that junk food.

:carrot:

PhotoChick 03-31-2008 01:12 PM

Oh gosh. Just 3? But for fun, right? Ok, here are my fun ones:

1. I've learned that I don't really like french fries as much as I thought I did (really!)

2. I've learned that I love wearing fitted clothing that shows my figure

3. I've learned that my husband can fend for himself for dinner better than I ever thought he could.