3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What not to do..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/138442-what-not-do.html)

gailr42 03-30-2008 12:53 PM

What not to do.....

I had to adjust my ticker up a couple of pounds this morning.

Here is some of what I have done to gain weight. I have been eating peanut butter (a trigger food) by the spoonful now and then. I picked off and ate the frosting left behind on the cardboard from a cake someone gave my DH. I also ate a piece or two of the cake. I ate some cookies that the same person gave my DH - they were the cheap store brand filled wafer type thing in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Truely awful and 150 calories for four tiny little cookies. I ate a chicken thigh that my DH had left over from his dinner. I could go on.

My point is, that these things have sort of sneaked up on me. I am still eating all my good, healthy food. It is the extra, greasy yucky stuff that I have added to my healthy diet that is adding the pounds. I don't even like most of the stuff, but I guess it is the sugar and fat that sucks me in.

I am not really a binge eater in the classical sense, but eating these things that I don't even really want, just for the sugar or comfort or whatever, feels like bingeing to me. I feel a lack of control.

This friend of my DH is lonesome and is always giving my DH food, I think, in exchange for company. I ask my dh to keep it away from me - like in his truck. Unfortunately, some of it has to be refrigerated, or otherwise makes its way into the house.....not blaming anyone but myself, but I wish this guy would quit giving junk food to my dh:^:!

SoulBliss 03-30-2008 01:00 PM

I think it's so horrible that these little things all add up to weight gain so easily for some of us.

:hug: The beauty is, you stopped it there and are coming here for support. That's really good! ;)

gailr42 03-30-2008 01:18 PM

I didn't mean to imply that I think I have gained weight too easily. Actually, I got away with quite a bit for quite a while. That part is encouraging. It appears that I can eat lots of good food and not gain. It is when I add the empty calories that I have trouble.

Heather 03-31-2008 12:20 AM

I know I've had my bad habits sneak back up on me from time to time. There does seem to be this sense of "getting away with it" for a while, and then I get whammed with a gain that feels unexpected! But it was just a while in coming.

Identifying these problems is a big help! Good luck!

Fat Pants 03-31-2008 08:32 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Here and there ...adds up!

For me I've learned that I just cannot bake sweets and expect to eat them in moderation (or as a treat) when they're in the house. I love to bake. Unfortunately, that means not doing what I love. Instead, I gotta find other things to fill my time!

Tomato 03-31-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Pants (Post 2125180)
For me I've learned that I just cannot bake sweets and expect to eat them in moderation (or as a treat) when they're in the house. I love to bake. Unfortunately, that means not doing what I love. Instead, I gotta find other things to fill my time!

I find it hard to control myself if I bake something. I don't bake that often since I live alone and that means I would eat everything (eventually). The last time I baked, I made a bundt cake and I sliced one half of it, wrapped each slice individually into a wax paper, put them into a tupperware container and froze them. That actually helped me to pull out only a slice at a time (every couple of days) and have it with coffee when the urge for something sweet hit me.
I took the other half to work (I made it for a holiday on which we have to work [skeleton staff]).

Erika79 03-31-2008 11:57 AM

It sure can sneak up on you- ugh. BUT, I think the good/important thing is when you realize it.. and change it.

I have that sweets issue here, too. My DH is a fast food manager (not too much of an issue for me, he closes a lot.. and it's a Taco Bell, and I'm not incredibly fond of it).. but he works in a plaza with a Panera Bread and THAT manager always goes over to my DH and gives him leftovers from the day, as their not allowed to sell them the next. AGH :o I have cookies flowing out of my back door- seriously. Thankfully, cookies freeze well. Before I freeze them, I break them in 1/2 so when I've had a really good day and want to incooperate a treat into my night, I have a 1/2 portion.

But, I have 30 cookies in my freezer :dizzy:

gailr42 03-31-2008 02:13 PM

My goodness, Erika. I will never complain again about the stuff the guy gives my dh. Panera has got to be really good - even day-old!

Mrs Snark 04-01-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika79 (Post 2125599)
But, I have 30 cookies in my freezer :dizzy:

Yow! If I had 30 cookies in my freezer today, by tomorrow I would have zero cookies and a mouth full of broken teeth! :dizzy:

gailr42 04-01-2008 10:02 AM

:lol: :lol: My thoughts exaclty!

bargoo 04-01-2008 10:06 AM

It wouldn't take me til tomorrow.

Erika79 04-01-2008 01:12 PM

:lol:
Thankfully, I'm not a huge sweets eater, that's why I can freeze the cookies and I'll be ok. Every once in awhile I enjoy a sweet treat with my afternoon cup of coffee. I'm more of a salty/greasy fan.

singdenver 04-01-2008 01:17 PM

((hugs))

polkadotfever 04-01-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2127279)
Yow! If I had 30 cookies in my freezer today, by tomorrow I would have zero cookies and a mouth full of broken teeth! :dizzy:

ROTFL!!