Rough holiday weekend?

• I'm feeling blue today because I didn't necessarily eat nutritiously sound this weekend.. the good thing was I got to the gym on Friday and Saturday, just not Sunday. Somehow, I feel like the eggplant parmesan that I indulged in yesterday makes me feel sad -- one stupid meal!

I was up about 1 pound this AM after doing SO well for the past few weeks, so apparently my little picking here and there of the bad stuff has done it. I am hoping a trip to the gym tonight sets me back on track..

anyone else have any challenges this weekend?
  • weekends are always tough especially when a holiday is involved! make sure you drink plenty of water and get back on track and that 1 pound will be gone again before you know it..its probably just water weight, when i eat bad it tends to be things high in sodium so i retain fluid for a day or so! good luck!
  • Any holiday spent at MIL's is rough. I swear the woman butters her butter. I am feeling rather victorious today though. I planned for a week, this is how the day went.

Up early and to the gym. I did an EXTRA 30 minutes on the treadmill, just in case I had a little slip.

Once I got home I made a salad to take along to pass. It was spinach, romaine, grilled chicken breast raspberries, shallots, toasted almonds, fat free feta, and raspberry vinegrette dressing.

When I got to MIL's she had some lovely fresh fruit she was about to make into a "Fruit salad". I was able to set some aside before she slathered it in her special blend of whipped cream, cream cheese, sugar and God only knows what else.

She made a ham and a turkey breast...so I choose turkey. Althugh, I am sure she basted it with butter. LOTS of Butter. I only ate about 2 ounces.

Then there was the aspargus. Sounds innocent....but it's not. She roasted it in the oven...with a whole stick of butter. I discreetly set a few spears on my paper napkin and then blotted off all the butter that I could.

Then her "Cardiac Attack Spuds". She boils potatoes. Then mashes them using butter, half and half, cream cheese, and sour cream. Puts them in a casserole dish tops them with more butter and cheddar cheese and bakes them. I brought along a sweet potato and baked it in the microwave.

She made several snarky remarks about what I ate. I choose to ignore her. It was nice to go home not feeling stuffed and sick from all the rich foods. I did not feel deprived at all. My MIL may not have been happy...but she rarely is, and I felt good about sticking to my diet.
  • I fell off the wagon this weekend. I had the best of intentions not to.. Lack of water and "TOM" helped me retain just enough water to send me into a panic attack when I couldn't slip my rings off my fingers. In conjuction w/ happy hour that consisted of delicious cheese and wine.

I also indulged in my predetermined Easter Treat - (One Peanut Butter Egg) it was wonderful. Howevever some malted eggs jumped in there too. However that is the only day I will be eating candy. I gave up chocolate for lent and think I will continue not eating it. I was amazed at how much better I felt not eating it. No more sugar highs/lows, cravings etc.

Sooo today is a new day. (I abstained from my weigh in this morning) And it's been a great day. Off to the gym tonight.

Tomorrow I'll continue on the road to victory
  • Thanks! I think (hope) you're right about the water weight.. realistically, I didn't eat THAT badly in 2 days timeframe.. it has to be water..

Is tea a good diuretic too? I will load up on the water today!

Those cardiac potatoes sound crazy! lol good for you for bringing a sweet potato!