Just a little rant

• Please forgive me for my little rant and rave. I want to get onto the treadmill today. My DH got up with the kids at 6am. I took over at 7:30 and gave them bkfst, then took them to karate and returned at 11am to find him in his pajama (in his defense, he did clean the bathroom). I then gave them lunch, put them down for a rest. (He showered) I left the house to buy the kids this thing they are driving me crazy for and also new towels (which DH really wanted).
    I requested that next weekend he go to the gym when I was out with the kids or was ready to take them with him so he could put them in babysitting while he was at the gym and I used the treadmill. He said he might not be in the mood at that time... he'd do his best.
    It is now 3:40and I am getting a little crazy that my workout will not happen. SO he volunteered to take the kids to the park w/o me (we were headed there together) and said, "don't blame me for holding you back!"
    Whew, i'm learning if I don't demand the opportunity it will not be handed to me.
    I'm off to our treadmill. Thx for listening!!!
  • It's okay to make a little time for yourself to exercise. Even if it means asking for your husband to look after the kids for a few.
  • When it comes to weight loss, you have to make time for you, even if it means making your husband take on a little more responsibility with the kids, or missing out on a day at the park with the kiddies (although, that could turn into exercise). You have to take care of yourself before you take care of anyone else. Good for you!!!
  • Yeah, Kitty!

It is so hard to juggle everything, but it is worth it. I am proud of you for putting you first in this small way. A healthy mama is so important for the family. You are worth it!!!!
  • Thanks girls, I felt a little indulgent putting out this post.
    BTW, he came home cranky and put out, but I handled it just fine b/c I just had a great work-out!

(I have a 6 year old, twin 4 year olds, and a toddler who is 22 months-- all boys! delicious- but demanding of time and effort, of course....)

WE just came home from a dinner out> I did great on my plan-- grilled seafood main and tuna tartar app.

night night!!
  • Quote: Thanks girls, I felt a little indulgent putting out this post.
    BTW, he came home cranky and put out, but I handled it just fine b/c I just had a great work-out!

(I have a 6 year old, twin 4 year olds, and a toddler who is 22 months-- all boys! delicious- but demanding of time and effort, of course....)
    Oh my gosh! I bet he was a little cranky hehehe