3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Things that affect weight loss... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/137730-things-affect-weight-loss.html)

JimmieLynn 03-22-2008 04:33 AM

Things that affect weight loss...

So, I guess I'm just hoping for some confirmation on things that affect weight loss because I have been stuck between the same 5 lbs. for a couple weeks.

As of this morning, it is my TOM. I know that has to have something to do with it. Also, I have been under a bit more stress than usual lately. To top it all off, my allergies have been extreme since we moved so I've been cutting my workouts shorter that normal because I can't breathe.

I have still been eating well, and proudly, haven't binged or overate.

So, usually, I would be somewhat frustrated at this sort of standstill, but I know my TOM is definitely a factor.

Maybe I just needed to vent. Hehe...Thanks for listening. :)

JayEll 03-22-2008 07:47 AM

Hey! Do you take an antihistamine? That can sometimes help your symptoms. See what your doctor has to say.

TOM is always a factor for women, darn it! Well, until menopause is done.

I would also look at your food more closely. Do you write down what you eat? Do you track the calories or the points (WW)? Do you measure portions? I ask because sometimes it's easy to eat more than one thinks.

Hang in there! :coach: Don't you give up now! :cheer2:

Jay

JimmieLynn 03-23-2008 12:08 AM

I FINALLY got a Rx for my allergies yesterday so hopefully they will really help. And although i pay close attention to what i eat, i never count anything. Maybe I should start! :)

Thanks so much for the input!

Heather 03-23-2008 12:36 AM

Just want to second really paying attention to the food. It's amazing how those calories can just sneak up on you!!!!

Glory87 03-23-2008 03:16 AM

Salty food can really affect my weigh in. I always see a blip on the scale the day after eating at Chipotle (how much salt DO they put in the rice? I don't want to know!)

BlueToBlue 03-23-2008 04:07 AM

Things that can cause you to retain water and impact weight gain/loss:
  • TOM!!!!
  • Eating foods that are higher in fat or sugar than you normally eat, or eating larger quantities of food than you normally eat
  • Changes in your exercise routine
  • Sore muscles
  • Some medications (I'm convinced Ibuprofen makes me retain water)
  • Changes in the weather (particularly if it is exceptionally warm or humid)
  • Illness (also probably allergies)
  • Eating foods that are high in salt/sodium (I swear, I once gained 3 lbs from a single bowl of miso soup)
  • Alcohol
  • Getting dehydrated
  • Who knows what else, the list goes on and on...

Princess0113 03-23-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueToBlue (Post 2112619)
Who knows what else, the list goes on and on...

you can say that again! lol

i know for me, i can gain a couple(maybe more than a couple:dizzy: ) pounds right before and during TOM. i just ignore it and wait it out. drink plenty of water and watch your soduim intake, but mostly just keep up your healthy routine and wait it out.