Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default fell off track

well the inevitable slump has occured. Last Friday I ate wonderful, went to the gym and then went "out" that night. Didn't drink or eat at the bar, then when my sister suggested going to Happy Chef at 2am for an after bar meal, I was like sure, I've been good I can do it this one time. Then it all went down hill from there. I haven't recorded my food intake since Saturday and have eaten fast food 3x and went out to chinese and have only gone to the gym 2x!!!!

My lack of focus this week added up and I was up .7lbs back to 234. Damn, Damn, Damn!

But that's okay, I will just keep going. I AM NOT going to let this be my excuse to give up and quit and gain back the 11.2lbs I'm still down. I'm just going to start logging my meals again and make sure I get to the gym.

I realized that when I was logging my foods - that it was a good incentive to get my *** in the gym because it was fun to add my physical activity and see what a big difference I could make in my "net" calories. So not logging my food didn't show me the days i went over board so there was "no reason" to go to the gym.

So this week I'm going to focus on loggin my food in at the TDP again and I think the going to gym will come more naturally, cuz I'll want to add those numbers in! PLUS I want to see that scale move back down next thursday!!!!

Here's to keep chuggin along! "I think I can! I think I can! I KNOW I can!"
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Great attitude, Chickie . . . you can do it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Keep on chuggin, Sun Flower!! Fast food and chinese food is really high in sodium - you might come out even once you flush that out.

Keep on logging - it really does work.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #4  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Yes!!! Getting back on the horse is the crucial part, and it seems you're well on your way!

I'm with you on logging food and exercise calories (fellow TDP'er here! ). It's a huge motivation and shows how exercising gives me some much-needed wiggle room with my food intake. On days when I can't/won't get any exercise (like today, hrgh) I feel like my calorie allowance is just running through my hands...

Even though I'm logging only about half my exercise minutes and trying not to eat back all of those (as the TDP estimates are usually pretty high), it still makes such a huge difference!

And I've also learned (and so far followed through with it, but I won't give guarantees ) that it's important for me to log my horrible food choices as faithfully as my stellar ones, even if it makes me cringe to see those staggering numbers. It helps me to stay honest and to make better choices next time.

All the best for you!
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

thanks peeps!

chick_in_the_hat: I didn't really think about that! Maybe I won't be in such bad shape after all!

Heffalump: I agree! I was starting feel like I wanted to go workout everyday, because I loved seeing my calories go down! But maybe I was pushing myself harder then I should, so I rebelled by slacking off or somethin!

But I agree on the minutes tracking. On TDP I enter manually for my treadmill workout based on what the treadmill says (which has me enter my weight). and then I usually only do 1/2 to 1/3 of my strength training minutes. If I rested alot between sets, I do 1/3 of my time but if I do it more like circuit training and didn't rest much I would put 1/2 the time. Cuz it DOES estimate crazy amount of calories burned! So if do my free weights/machines for 45mins I'll count 17-25 depending on how hard I actually worked. It gives me an idea of where I am at calorie-wise at least.
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #6  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on getting back on track, I know very very well how hard it is to do that. It helps me tremendously to log my food (and exercise). I think it is the key for me to do well, otherwise I fool myself into thinking I'm not eating that bad. Hang in there, you can do it!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/210/207

Height: 5'10"

I'm glad that you're back on track and not beating yourself up about falling off the wagon once. The thing to focus on is that you are back on track now. Keep it up!
Nancy CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Jan. 2008-173/ticker/135

Height: 5'5''

That's the spirit!! It's great that you are not letting this get you down but using it to get back on track. Way to go!
skinny4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

That's the RIGHT attitude! Back on track! Don't let this little bump in the road keep you from getting to where you want to go!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #10  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Glad to see you're saddling up and riding that horsey again. Slips and falls are ineviatable. They may throw you for a bit but just don't let them keep you down!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote