3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I cried at the mall today. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/136960-i-cried-mall-today.html)

midwife 03-13-2008 03:37 PM

I cried at the mall today.

The past several weeks I have noticed my pants sagging more than most teenage boys'. I've been putting off shopping for a couple of reasons...mostly lack of time, but I also just don't enjoy shopping.

I have spent too many shopping experiences scowling and tearing up at the sight of my body squeezed awkwardly into ill-fitting over-priced clothes in various dressing rooms.

But my wardrobe could get me cited for public exposure, so off I trotted to the mall today, hiking up my size 16 capris. I just grabbed different sizes off the racks to see what would fit.

When I zipped up a size 10 skirt that fit me like a glove, I cried. My body has changed so much...not just from weight loss, but weight-training and HIIT and running. I have a waist. My belly is flat(ter!) and my legs are longer and slimmer looking.

And I ain't done yet.

Not a single cheeseburger, french fry, or binge of any kind will ever be better than how I felt in that dressing room.

When people say "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", believe it.

My body is responding to my work. If I can do it, ANYone can do it. That I promise. There is nothing magical about the process, but there is magic in the result.

:carrot:

junebug41 03-13-2008 03:39 PM

Midwife that's AWESOME! That has to be one of the BEST feelings in the world! Nothin' like a woman breaking down in a fitting room out of joy!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mayson 03-13-2008 03:42 PM

What a great post! First, Congrats on your success. That must have been an amazing feeling to see all that work paid off. Second, what an inspirating and motivating post this is!:)

shantroy 03-13-2008 03:45 PM

Way to go! Thanks for reminding us why we're doing this.

PS I love "happy" tears

Meg 03-13-2008 03:47 PM

Now I have tears in my eyes. :hug:

You're so, so right! The momentary taste of junk food is nothing compared to the joy and inner strength of accomplishment ... of having a body that works ... and crying from happiness in dressing rooms because, instead of nothing looking good -- everything looks good and it's too hard to choose! Who would have thought?? :dizzy:

And you're also right that anyone here can do it too. There's nothing special about you, me, or any of our other losers and maintainers. We're just ordinary people who make the choices every day to be healthy and fit.

I'm so happy for you, Midwife! I know you'll always cherish the memory of how you feel today. :hug:

LittleMoonRabbit 03-13-2008 04:03 PM

congrats!!!!!!! You must be so proud. It's awesome watching the changes in our body, isn't it??? We love you! Congrats again on your success and your happiness!!!

See Spot Shrink 03-13-2008 04:15 PM

Yay! :carrot:

Cool story. :cool:

bnorah 03-13-2008 04:16 PM

So wonderful!!! I love happy news. Reminds me of when I was trying to find an outfit for my college graduation. For my High School, I had to buy a size 16-18 skirt, but when I was able to fit into a 14 for college, I was tickled! I can only imagine how you must have felt getting into a size 10. Congratulations!

hardatwork 03-13-2008 04:32 PM

This is great inspiration! I'm so happy for you.

SoulBliss 03-13-2008 04:34 PM

:woohoo:

:cp: I am so happy for you. You deserve that elated feeling today and EVERY day!!! :carrot:

elisarae 03-13-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 2098640)
The past several weeks I have noticed my pants sagging more than most teenage boys'. I've been putting off shopping for a couple of reasons...mostly lack of time, but I also just don't enjoy shopping.

I have spent too many shopping experiences scowling and tearing up at the sight of my body squeezed awkwardly into ill-fitting over-priced clothes in various dressing rooms.

But my wardrobe could get me cited for public exposure, so off I trotted to the mall today, hiking up my size 16 capris. I just grabbed different sizes off the racks to see what would fit.

When I zipped up a size 10 skirt that fit me like a glove, I cried. My body has changed so much...not just from weight loss, but weight-training and HIIT and running. I have a waist. My belly is flat(ter!) and my legs are longer and slimmer looking.

And I ain't done yet.

Not a single cheeseburger, french fry, or binge of any kind will ever be better than how I felt in that dressing room.

When people say "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", believe it.

My body is responding to my work. If I can do it, ANYone can do it. That I promise. There is nothing magical about the process, but there is magic in the result.

Awwwwwwwww, congratulations!! You go girl! And that is right Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!

scoobie74 03-13-2008 04:39 PM

:hug:
Way to go!!!

Nancy CA 03-13-2008 04:41 PM

Congratulations to you! I have tears in my eyes too. I can imagine how good that felt and you've made me determined to discover it for myself!

nelie 03-13-2008 04:42 PM

midwife - I got worried when I saw the title of the thread but then I saw it was you posting and I knew it had to be tears of joy :) You have done awesome.

ElayneRae 03-13-2008 04:49 PM

OMG, that has to be an amazing feeling. I am so happy for you.
You earned it !!!!