Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 06:17 AM   #16  

Morning everyone,
Skeeter, I hope you and your husband are feeling better today - if it is asthma he will definitely need some puffers - I can't think of anything worse than struggling for a breath. Good luck.

Starkeeper, That's great news about the cat! I know when the cat near us was up the tree, I was the same - couldn't sleep for worryinga bout it. Your husband is a hero!

Well, celebration and joy on the streets of Toronto last night! I worked Sunday but we had a big screen TV in our lunchroom - I am a total suck when it comes to tension like that - stayed away but gauged the results by the screams emitting from down the hallway - jumped up and down like a maniac and then went down to Yonge to join the celebration! It was insane but all were pretty well behaved. It was certainly an interesting Olympics - the doping scandals, the figure skating and the upsets!

Hope everyone is receoving from their various illness - incidentally I am a big believer in ecenecia - you get it at health food stores and boosts the immune system - although two of my kids were sick last week off and on also - sounds like the same thing you have Skeeter - sinus, headache, coughing - this mild weather is partially to blame, Ithink.

have a good day!
Old 02-25-2002, 11:44 AM   #17  

Good morning gals. I finally crawled out of bed. I decided not to go spend time with the case manager for school today before work. It makes the day way too long. I am going to go tomorrow instead. I am off work tomorrow. I took a vacation day because there is a "filed trip" for school to Des Moines on Wed. I would have to leave at 5 am to get there on time, and I didn't want to work the night before. But I don't have to go at all since I don't live in Iowa. It's contact a legislator lobby day. I'm taking care of that assignment on my own time so I don't have classes this week. I'm not telling work that. I'm taking the day off to finish my paper. What favors would they do for me? NONE! Ha ha. I win.

Last night I didn't do so great with the food. I did great all day, but then I went to a baby shower and there was so much good food, and "better than sex cake". I suppose that depends on your frame of reference. But it was good. It was a German choc cake, with sweetened condensed milk poured over, then a jar of caramel topping poured over, and then a cool whip frosting with crumbled heath bar on top. Back to the plan today. My weigh in days are Friday, so I have plenty of time to iron it out!

Moonstone- I haven't paid much attention to the olympics this year. I didn't have much time to sit around and watch, but I like the summer games better anyway. I agree with the herbal treatments, but you have to know what you're getting into. Like echinacea, you're not supposed to take it if you have an immune system disease, like neither my mom (with MS) or me (Raynauds) should take it. Just do your research first.

Jojo- Oh that poor kitty. I should go find him and give him a hug and a can of tuna! I don't really follow politics that much, but I can see I'm going to have to start. I guess I've gotten at least that much out of my
classes!

Skeeter- I can't imagine having a headache for that long. Must be horrible. Things must be really short in Florida! I get a quarterly magazine type thing about how great it is to work and live in Florida. It is very tempting, but with mom, and grandpa, I can't leave here. They offer relocation assistance, sign on bonuses, student loan forgiveness. I could get rich moving! I'm glad you're feeling better. If hubby has asthma, he needs meds to keep acute attacks away.

I guess that is it for this morning so far. I'm gonna go work on my hip exercises, get my butt moving for the day. Only work 3-7 today! YIPPEE! Love those 4 hr shifts.

Jen
Old 02-25-2002, 02:55 PM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Angry

Good Afternoon~~I was lazy Sat. and didn't even come in and read. Well really I was depressed all week end. Yesterday would you believe my mouse died again. I had only had it for about 3 weeks. The darn thing didn't work right in the first place. The cursor would take off on it's own. Well anyway I just got back from town and bought another one, one of those without a roller ball on the bottom. Some how ladies I managed to lose 2 1/2 pounds last week. While I was in town I bought 2 sizes of colored paper clips. I have 100 little ones and I will hang one up for every pound I lose. The big ones I will hang up when I lose 5 pounds so I will always know at a glance how much I've lost. I have a cork board right beside my puter.

Skeeter~~Hey girl, good to see you are feeling well enough to write again. I would be in bad trouble if I had to stay in bed for more than 7 hours. My back would kill me. I sure hope Hubby is feeling better by now. Most of my fish problems are caused by me. Right now I thank I've got too many in the tank. It's better to have too few as opposed to too many. If your hubby has some Asthma as they thank he might a cold is very bad for him and will be hard to get over. I hope he doesn't have it.

Tobey~~Well what can I say, Canada won fair and square. I guess after 50 years it's your turn. I'm quite happy at how it all turned out. 34 medals isn't bad. For some of our people I was so happy I cried. I wanted Apolo to win his 4 gold's, but I admire him as a very young person having such a nature taking the losses when sometimes it was someone else's fault he lost. Was good to see the two Canadian men win in the relay in short track.

~~MoonstoneUSA rocks too....34 Medal's...not bad considing we had only hopes for 16. I will say this, first I was for USA, but second I was for Canada. You talked about tension, Short Track is so fast I guts just get all bound up watching it. I love the Olympics, both winter and summer. I wasn't going to watch the closing but I did and enjoyed it too.

Jo Jo~~Has your cat come down yet?? Sometimes I wonder what the heck I was thanking when I got these fish. I didn't have any pets and didn't have to worry about them if we went off on vacation for a couple of week. I'll have to leave these fish with one of those cakes in the tank to feed them. Believe me it would be a mess to come home and find them all dead.grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I may have to flush them before I leave. I'm a bad Moma!!!!!!

Jen~~I didn't do well with the food over the week end either, but still managed to lose a couple of pounds. I got my paper clips going on here.
Congrats on your 4 pound loss, that is wonderful. OH my goodness, those fish are lucky to be alive with a mom like me. There is so much to learn about keeping the water in the correct shape. It should be called water keeping not fish keeping.

COLOR=teal]Sally~~Missed you this morning! [/COLOR]

I've got to run and get this mouse installed right. It's got a roller on it and I wasn't ready to install it right when I got on the puter, if I can get the wizard back up that is.

Last edited by Marlana; 02-25-2002 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2002, 04:47 PM   #19  

Hello All

Well Canada walks away with a gold in both men and women’s hockey. I can tell you that it was crazy here with national pride. However, the US team should not feel the least be ashamed. They played a fantastic game and fought the hard fight. It must be so strange for people who are normally on the same team to compete at such a fierce level against each other. It was nice to see that the end, the 4 Detroit players (2 Canadian and 2 American) have their picture taken together. But than hockey, not much happened in my life over the weekend. I got in a good 8-mile run on Sunday morning and signed up for an 8k race on April 6th.

Skeeter: You’re alive! Sound like you and hubby are having a rough time. Has hubby’s meds kicked in yet? Nothing worse than when you are both sick at the same time. The Canadian coverage of the Olympics were fantastic. No commercials during the game and great coverage of all of the sports. My BIL who lives in Boston was complaining about the American coverage. He said there were commercials through out everything and he missed a lot of what he wanted to see. He really wanted to watch the men’s hockey bronze game (Russia vs Belarus) but no American stations were covering it. Dh has to e-mail commentaries to him.

Jen: Congrats on the loss! Nice! How are the legs doing? I don’t blame you for taking the day off! But what a way to use a vacation day. I would have to break down and try Better Than Sex cake … although I have my doubts!

Jojo: Oh those are some of the best words in the English language: TAX REFUND! I have all of my stuff ready to go but dh is still putting his stuff together. Since he owns his own business it takes much longer. But the upside is that we get so many write offs! That poor kitty – I hope that story has happy ending! Curling is pretty big here (not that I am really interested in it) but it is actually a Scottish sport. It’s a lot like playing shuffleboard on ice. By sweeping the ice, they create friction that will speed up the rock. A lot of good curlers came from my hometown but it is a sport that I have never been interested in. To me it is the winter version of bowling (no offence to any bowlers or curlers). Ah just read your last post. Glad to hear kitty is okay – way to go hubby!

Moonstone: What can I say but GO CANADA GO eh? We were glued to the TV from about 2:00 – 8:00!

Marlana: Congratulations on the loss! So you did go in for the paperclip idea. I wish I did something visual like that while I was losing. I didn’t even take a “before” picture. Yah I guess after 50 years you would say that we were due. I can’t even tell you the celebrations that went on here. Even today when I was walking to the gym on my lunch break, they were people driving around honking and waving our flag. I feel kind of bad for the other athletes because they have quickly been forgotten and overshadowed by our hockey team. Hope your mouse goes smooth!

Well I think that is all. Guess it is time to pack up and head home to dh .

Have a great one!
Tobey

Thought this picture was just too sweet.

DADDY WON!: Joe Nieuwendyk shows his gold medal to his daughter Tyra after Team Canada's 5-2 victory to win the gold medal against Team USA.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:45 PM   #20  

Hey all, I survived this past week and the weekend. It has been so busy here I hardly have time to sleep. But now maybe I can have some time for me. I have been running all over the place for the girls this past week getting them ready for the Beauty pagent at school. Both were on different nights. The little on got in the top ten. We are so proud of here. We were just proud that she went out of the stage. She is only 6 and has never done anything like that before and is shy.
So, I have made it almost one whole day being back on program. I am going to walk when I go to pick up the older one from softball practice. I still have to get some water in. But I will work on that when I get back. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I will try later to catch up on the post.
Take care
Teresa
Old 02-25-2002, 08:36 PM   #21  

Forgot to mention earlier. Remember old Mr. eat all my food and not supportive at all. Well he has decided that he needs to lose weight. I hate to tell him that is all I needed to throw all the junk away and I will not buy anymore so I hope he means it because I am only cooking one meal from now own. He can eat it or do with out. Isn't that really sweet of me No for real I hope he stick to it and learns to eat right for our kids.
Teresa
Old 02-26-2002, 06:46 AM   #22  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I've got two bad little monsters running around getting ready for school, so this will be quick. Not much going on around my house; mother in law may blow thru this weekend on her way home; she's at the beach this week. Work is going pretty good; we went to the RV show and of course came home loaded with brochures and ideas. I had to pull Jeff out of one of them by the shirt; he was working on a payment plan with the salesman.....I told him we were only there to LOOK. Not to BUY. But who listens to Mama?? Oh, lost one pound last week--I'm in the 150s by the skin of my teeth now. I've got to go and get them finished up for school---I'll try and write everyone properly tomorrow. Love you all!
Sally
224/159/120ish
Old 02-26-2002, 12:00 PM   #23  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I've had a very busy morning, getting caught up and back into what I'm suppose to be doing. I've got all the fish bowls and the tank clean. I got the shock of all shocks a few min ago. I pulled up a chair to watch the fish to see if all was OK after I got through cleaning and changing the water. I seen this little dark thing dart under a rock. So I got down there and low and be dang I have a baby fish in there. I don't know what it is. It has to be one of the Platys that was born a couple of weeks ago, but it's really dark and the moma was golden orange, and died. I hope he makes it, but some how I don't much thank it will. More likely I won't ever see it again. I have some good news, we got a check for $200 dollars yesterday from our daughter. I've got to get the number of her bank and see if there is enough money to cover it. There is a small chance that I might get to cash it. Then again this might be an acc. that she closed and just had some check left.

Tobey~~Glad your happy about the hockey, I've already forgot about it. I'm afraid I have plenty of before pictures, I want some after ones. Got 2 paper clips on my cork board. Hope to get a couple more next week. If I gain I have to take them off.

Teresa~~Good to hear from you. Congrats on being back on program and congrats to your little girl too. Glad things might slow down for you, maybe you can get back into the swing of things and lose some more weight and come and tell us about it. My husband decided a few weeks ago he was going to lose some weight and he is. He walks everyday.

Sally~~Yahoo, Sally is in her 50's, good job girl, your going to get there....and stay there.What kind of a RV is hubby wanting now? The only thing that will kill that fever, is another RV.

You know what my hubby is really taking this losing weight serious. Yesterday he told me the next time I go to town to get him some celery and carrots to snack on on the way home of a evening. He says he snacks to stay a wake. Can you believe that one. I also noticed he is cutting down on the food he eats for super. It seems so easy for him and just a battle for me everyday. What is wrong with people like me? I seem to be related to a , and bigger than a . Bye Bye.

2 Paper Clips!
Old 02-26-2002, 07:00 PM   #24  

Hello Everyone

Its a cold and snowy day here. It started snowing yesterday but we really don't have that much on the ground, maybe 2 inches except for the drifting. Its really windy out there. I like the snow, I just wish I didn't have to go out in it this morning.

I just can't seem to warm up yet. I've been home for over an hour and I feel like an ice cicle. That wind is awful. It just goes right thru you. Even the dog doesn't want to be out in it for very long. I'm going to finish this and then put on my long night gown and chennille robe and I'm going to kick back for the rest of the night.

Marlana, wow, I bet you were shocked to see the check from your daughter. I don't blame you for checking with the bank first tho. If the money is there, cash it quickly. Yep, dh "helped" the kitty out of the tree Sunday morning. He went over in the neighbors yard and got up in the tree and the cat started coming towards him but then stopped so dh took he pole tree limb trimmer and gave it a little nudge and down it came. Luckily it wasn't as high up as it was the day before. My anxiety level was much better after that. Congrats on losing 2 1/2 pounds. Thats great.

Teresa, thats great your dh seems to be more supportive. my dh could stand to lose some weight to because his belly just keeps getting bigger and bigger. So as soon as I get my act together, maybe dh & I will start losing weight together.

Tobey, yes "Tax Refund" is a favorite couple of words for me to, especially since we usually end up having to pay in every year. I've decided that I'm getting a couple things for the puter when we get the money back. I'm going to add some memory plus I need to update my systemworks program to. I can imagine Canada was one big celebration the other day when they won the gold medals in both hockey games. Thats great. I don't think I would be all that interested in Curling either. Who won the gold in that?

Jen, I'd of loved to give that cat some cat food and a drink but dh said it took off like a bat out of h e double toothpicks. Can't really blame him. I just hope his home was somewhere nearby and he was able to get a drink of water. The poor thing. Did you get any of this snow? If not, I'll send some your way, ok?!!!! Actually, i'll keep the snow and send the wind.

Moonstone, I've got a couple bottles of ecinechea and I took it when I was sick. I'm not so sure if it worked or not. I got over the cold but it came back several weeks later and I've still got the nasty sinus symptoms yet but I don't feel bad. And now there seems to be another nasty virus going around and I'm just trying to avoid anyone who has it.

Well, I cant stand my clothes anymore so I'm going to get off here and change. Take care everyone.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:20 PM   #25  

Good evening gals. I really don't have time to post to everyone tonight, although I'd love to, but I feel like I need to come in here and vent a bit. My beloved manager (please note the sarcasm) has decided in all of her infinite wisdom (oh please) that we no longer deserve to have a "free weekend" a year. Since we are required to work every other weekend, we were allowed to choose one a year that we would normally work to be off. That was nice in case of a wedding, graduation, etc. Well, and I quote, "this is not a hospital policy, it was a unit privilege that I am no longer able of offer." Yeah, bite me. Like morale wasn't low enough. She didn't go in until 11am yesterday, didn't even come in today, and I can't get a weekend off. She didn't even have the decency to tell anyone in person, she sent it through the hospital email system. Well, now I'm definately not doing her any favors. I went in today to spend time with the case manager for school, and of course I was asked to work tonight. I said, "No, today is a vacation day, might as well be my free weekend". I have a feeling my days are numbered, and getting fewer. In July I hit my 5 yr anniversary there and my retirement is 100% vested, and in August I make my 1 yr commitment for some of my tuition reimbursement, who's counting????

I've got to go relax, maybe work on my paper. I'll check back in tomorrow when I feel a little better.

Jen
Old 02-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #26  

Evening to all,
Well, I have survived another day. I have stayed op all day. I even have eaten some yogurt. Never have been able to make myself eat any before. It was really good. I have gotten my water in for the day. ( Just a little pat on the back). Now I just have to figure out how to get in some exercise. then I will be on my way. Hubby I must say as far as I know has really stuck to his diet today. I am sitting here trying to figure out what am going to eat tomorrow. You know if it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck. On top of everything that has happened in the last few months, now the element in the oven has gone out and everything is closed by the time I get home so until this weeek end I can not bake anything in the oven unless it is broiled.
Jen sorry you had a bad day. We found out today at work that if it snows and we miss a day of work we will have to make up that day on the 5th of July which right now is a scheduled holiday. But to be paid for the snow day we will have to use our annual time. So if we are out for snow in the long run it will cost us 2 day. Our holiday and an annual day. Sucks. I hope it doesn't snow now. But I sure could use a day off and it is a long time until the end of May when our next holiday comes in. Also if we have to make up that day it will cost me another annual day because I have put in to be off that week and was only going to have to use 3 annual days. Oh well that is what they are for I guess.
Marlana, we must be kin in some way. I too think I am in the
family and feel like a big fat Oh and I borrowed the saying off of your last post and I am going to put it up all over the place to help me to have a good attitude. Espically at work and when someone asked why I am acting that I way I am going to tell them it is to irritate them.
Jojo, way to go on getting the cat down. My little one took ours outside the other day and came in the house just a crying. The cat had got up the tree to get away from the dogs. I had to go out there and call the stupid thing. Instead of going back toward the trunk of the tree it kept going out on the limb until it fell and I got it up and brought it back in the house. Raychelle has not taken it back outside since. But if the thing bites my foot one more time and it may go outside for good. Not sure what the thing is yet male or female (I can do dogs but cats I just cant figure out) but it hides under things and when you walk by it jumps out and bites your feet. But, no matter how mean Raychelle is to the little thing at night when she goes to sleep it get up there with her and snuggles up next to her.
Well, I better go. I wil talk to you all later.
Teresa
Old 02-27-2002, 06:27 AM   #27  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
Mother in law called last night, and will be here Friday night, so today and tomorrow are CLEANING days for our household. Jeff has made the supreme sacrifice and is going to clean off the sacred workstation and chair tonight. Anyway, I got the girls enlisted to do their rooms and I'll get the kitchen & living room. At least when MIL comes we get the house clean!
Mama, are you doing the paper clip thingie? I think that's neat---I hadn't thought of that before. I put a paper clip in an envelope for each pound I want to lose, and when one comes off, a clip comes out....I want an empty envelope!! That little guy has nothing to do with anything, but I think he's cute. I like their new smilies. Hubby wants a fifth-wheel camper, and a diesel truck to tow it with; we've looked at both, and are looking at about a $60,000 commitment. Soooo, maybe this fall we'll get one or both.
Jen, I want to lose four pounds! We had a luncheon yesterday for government accountants, and I didn't go; I felt very self-righteous, let me tell you! I just didn't want to look at the scale and see the 160s again!
Teresa, how's it going? I have one of those cats in my house...you see a little striped arm come out from under the couch when someone walks by. The girls have gotten snagged a couple of times, but I'm quicker! We have two outdoor kitties, and one indoor....she's only indoors because she kills all the birds in the neighbors' yards and brings them home to show her family...we got tired of cleaning up bird parts. Ugh.
Skeeter, hope you and hubby are on the mend--is it cold down there? It's 21 and snowing here! School's aren't closed, though; it isn't on the roads, just the grassy areas.
JoJo, hope you're doing well; and hi to Tobey and everyone else! Love you all,
Sally
Old 02-27-2002, 10:41 AM   #28  

Good morning all!

I tried to get in during the day yesterday but the site was down. Then I got in last night but it wouldn’t let me post. I have to say that I love the new Smilies List! Very cute! Not too much to report today. I have a 2 hour dentist appointment tomorrow and that is about the most exciting thing that is happening this week. Although dh has to work on Saturday so I have decided to treat myself to a day at the Art Gallery. I have always wanted to go but dh has always resisted. There is an exhibit on by Yoko Ono right now – and that should be interesting to say the least!

Teresa: Congratulations to you and your little beauty queens. What a proud mama you must be! And congrats for staying OP. That’s a big step for your Mr. I don’t blame you for only cooking one meal. I have done that for the last few years. Although I have a good excuse. I am a vegetarian and dh isn’t. So if he wants meat, he has to cook it himself. And believe it or not he is quite happy to do so. Glad you enjoyed your yogurt. Isn’t amazing how our tastes change? Our oven is terrible and so I don’t bake in it that often. I have actually become very good at making almost anything in our toaster oven – easier when there are only 2 of us!

Sally: In the 50’s! WAY TO GO! Good thing you went to the RV show with hubby. Who knows what may have shown up in your driveway. Men and their toys! Nothing like a visit from MIL to get your motivated to clean!

Marlana: That would be a shock to find that baby. I hope he comes through okay too. I have my fingers crossed that you get your $200. This isn’t a time when you can say that it was the thought that counts! Hubby asked for carrots and celery?! I think that would fall over if dh asked me for that. I loved your “good attitude” quote!

Jojo: It is cold here today too. Well if it was a normal winter this wouldn’t feel cold (it is only around the freezing mark) but because we have been so spoiled by such unseasonably warm weather it feels very arctic! We also go a light dusting of snow. And I mean light, it wasn’t even enough to cover the whole lawn. Not even enough to brush off the car. Fine by me! I’m like you – when I get a chill almost nothing can break it. We even have a space heater that I will sometimes turn on and blow the hot air directly at me! Sounds like a great way to spend your refund. In women’s curling Great Britain won gold (Canada earned bronze) and in the men’s competition Norway won gold (Canada earned silver).

Jen: I don’t blame you for being PO’ed about the free weekend. From an HR standpoint she handled it very poorly! Enough can’t be said about employee morale. I think would be looking for escape hatch right about now. Hope you did manage to relax some last night – not that I think working on a paper is relaxing!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Tobey
Old 02-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #29  

Good morning. I had a really good nights sleep, and feel better. I just wish that we hadn't gotten any snow. Now it's so windy that from the snow blowing across my sidewalk turned into ice. I'm not going out there to shovel it either, it's too cold. At least the sun is out today, maybe that'll help.

One of the my friends that I work with, another nurse, is having a terrible time. I'm starting to get worried about her. She found out a couple weeks ago that her son's spleen was enlarged, huge. They thought it was mono, but all the tests are negative. Now she has to take him to an oncologist. Can you imagine, your 9 yr old son. Then yesterday, her dad, who has had problems, went in to respiratory failure and is in the ICU on a ventilator. And her single, 22 year old sister just found out she's 9 weeks pregnant. I told her that if she didn't call her doctor (we go to the same one) I was going to call him and have him check in on her. I just wish there was something I could do. I am working some of her hours so she doesn't have to try to figure it out.

Anyway, I need to stick to the plan today. I did alright yesterday, not great though. Practice makes perfect. Hey, I got my Self magazine this week, and it's time for the Self Challenge again this year. I may just do that. It's 12 weeks of exercise and diet and the plan is all laid out. Go to self.com and check it out. I will start on Monday.

Tobey- I didn't even notice that we had new smilies! They are cute. Is tomorrow your crowning? Sounds royal! Last night I watched a couple stand up comedians on HBO. That really let the stress out. If I get my paper done today, I will feel soooo much better!

Sally- Congrats on your 150's. I wouldn't let go of that either! You know, cleaning is really great exercise, scrubbing and washing. I'll have to climb on the stepper today. I'm not going outside, too cold.

Teresa- Good for you for staying OP. I love yogurt. In the summer, I let it freeze for a few hours, not solid, but a nice soft freeze. It is so good. That really bites about your snow day policy. They hit you twice for missing one day. I think I'd dig my way in with a shovel. Does it count if you only work part of the day?

Jojo- I think we have the exact same weather. It sucks. I want the weekend back. It was almost 60 here. I've already gotten my tax refund. I'm saving it for a new deck. My steps are literally falling off of this one. It'll make for a nice relaxing summer. On the deck, flowers, a garden, the sunshine.....

Marlana- Oh, I hope your baby fishy is going to be ok. You've been through so much with those little buggers, I hope he makes it. How is that check? Good? That would be something if it was! Congrats on your 2 paper clips.

Skeeter I hope you're feeling better, and Moonstone hope you're behaving!!!

Remember to check out self.com and see if you want to start Monday!

Jen
Old 02-27-2002, 01:51 PM   #30  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Boy I am in such a I don't know what today. I went in over an hour to watch something on the TV and went to sleep, I can't stay awake. I guess just too much excitement here. I went to the bank and deposited the check, but won't know until about Thursday if it goes through or not.

Jo Jo~~I hope it isn't colder up your way than it is here. It was 14 degrees here this morning. The weigh loss last week was luck, I can't count on that every week. How's Hubby's job going? Does he like it?

Jen~~I believe you was a bit out of sorts yesterday when you wrote, can't say I blame you. Have you ever thought that if you didn't have to work life would be great? Do they offer bonus's to sign a new contract. They are really giving pretty good ones here to nurses. Nurses are so few. Sounds like your friend has a full plate right now. I have often wondered how people live through having really sick kids. I thank that would be one of the hardest things in the world.

Teresa~~A lot of people love yogurt, but I can never eat a whole one of those little cups. I can't make myself like it. It sounds like you are back on track. Thats wonderful, and with your husband dieting too, it might make it easier for you. Hasn't worked for me, mine eats the same things he always did, he's just walking everyday and cutting down on the amount.

Sally~~You can't have too many paper clips in your envelope, you've already lost so much weight. Fifth wheels are real popular now. It wouldn't work for us, we have a boat that has to be pulled around.

Tobey~~Lucky you with the dentist appointment, I don't have anything even near that exciting going on here, that's why I fall asleep every time I get still. The baby fish made it another night, I seen him again this morning. He hides under the rocks.

Time for another nap, I'm about to toddle over.
Closed Thread