Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223

Height: 5'5

Default Alli Help

Hello,
I started taking Alli a few weeks ago and after about 2 1/2 weeks I wasn't seeing any weight change. I get discouraged pretty quickly so I have not continued taking it. I am womdering what other people have experienced with this pill and how long it took to start to see any changes in their weight. I am going to start taking it again and hope for the best.
skm824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Are you keeping a food log, or counting calories? The first place I would look at is calories. Back in the 80's, low fat was all the rage and people lost weight, and then they started eating all these new, great, low fat products - which in turn boosted daily calories. Alli is meant to deter you from high fat foods, which are also high in calories - but it's easy to substitute with low fat options that carry many calories themselves.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #3  
Not Monkeying Around

Height: 5' 7"

Are you following the Alli food plan? I love it!! It took all the guesswork out of my meals and gave me the fundamentals for eating. I lost 8 lbs in 5 days because I had a high sodium diet before. The water came off quickly when I followed the Alli diet. I have been on the diet for two months and have lost a total of 27 lbs. I have branched out to American Heart Association cookbooks and have incorporated some basic food ideas into my diet as well (such as eating only whole grain foods and getting rid of all white flour). The diet works very well if you stick to it. Keeping a food journal is very important if you are not losing weight. It is also important to not go below (or above) the fat intakes per meal or the calorie amount. (Alot of people think eating alot less calories is better, but in actuality it shuts your body down.) I am never hungry (unless I skip a meal or snack - a habit I am really trying to break). I tell people, even if you dont want to take the Alli plan, you should really try their meal plan. It is wonderful! I hope this helps. ~ Gretchen
Mamma Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Here's a link to the Alli followers thread. You'll find support there, I'm sure.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...highlight=alli
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I haven't taken Alli, but I do have to say that 2.5 weeks is not enough time to see significant loss, IMO. If you give up after that short a time, then you're not gonig to get anywhere. You didn't gain all the weight in 2.5 weeks, you're not going to lose it that fast either!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Default Alli

You may want to talk to your doc about possibly having the prescription version of Alli. It works a bit better. You have to follow the food plan for it to work. If your not eating a lot of fat to begin with you may not see any improvement. I wish I could get it in Canada. It does help on a diet.
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

3FC also has this thread about Alli in the Does It Work? forum.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115217

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote