Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #31  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
At least I know on a desert island, I'll be the last to die.

Mel
Hahahahaha! Or... the first to be eaten by the others!
hafowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ashiack - so you can see from everyone's post...that fast weight loss usually is just temporary. Most of us here at 3fcs know from experience that the only way to loose and keep it off..is through slow weight loss in which you change your life/viewpoint on how and what you eat. I still have dessert every now and than..however, instead of the fried chicken, i've learned to eat mostly fish and baked items. A fast weight loss plan is just a that...a fast wt loss plan. It won't teach you the healthy habits for long term weight loss. And at some point..you will get fed up/frustrated by what you have to do to loose the weight, you might "go off the deep end". And when you do..you'll usually gain all if it and then some back. Most of us here are concerned about people trying to loose wt quickly. Its not healthy and it can harm your body sometimes. In addtion, you will just be more frustrated when you gain it back. If you have a "deadline" you are working for..it won't help. My suggestion is start a healthy lifestyle and start to learn a way you can live the rest of your life. It may not get you to the goal weight by X day..but you know what...you will hopefully keep it off the rest of your life. Good luck and check out all the forums to find something that works for you for long term healthy weight loss.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #33  
Bite Sized Version of Me

S/C/G: 234/175/145

Height: 5'6"

The Alkiline Diet...it's basically a fast, you drink nothing but fresh squeezed vegetable juice for nine days...and it did make me feel like I had the flu, which the book says is normal(getting rid of all that toxic build up you know) any way, I lost 19 lbs in 9 days.
kari a go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari a go go View Post
The Alkiline Diet...it's basically a fast, you drink nothing but fresh squeezed vegetable juice for nine days...and it did make me feel like I had the flu, which the book says is normal(getting rid of all that toxic build up you know) any way, I lost 19 lbs in 9 days.
Did you keep it off over time?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Is that like a clenseing diet? I was reading up online, and I've talked to a few people who do clenseing, which isn't really so much a diet it is just to clense out the toxins in certain parts of the body by drinking fresh squeezed vegetable and fruit juice blended with ice for like a week and take psillium (I know I spelt that wrong) fiber twice a day. Just wondering if that is like the same thing?
ashisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #36  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Cool

In College I went from Sedentary to 3 one our step classes a week,
I had a great teacher,
8 week class, lost about 18 lbs. That is my most dramatic weight loss ever, and I kept it off for 4 years after that, until stopped working out.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #37  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the "break up diet" yet! You don't eat any food except diet coke and low cal microwave popcorn and smoke cigarettes while crying on the phone to your friends for 8 hours a day. You can drop about 10lbs in 2 weeks!

If there was a quick fix, a quick permanent fix, I would have found it by now, bottled it, sold it, and been a billionaire!
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashisback View Post
Is that like a clenseing diet? I was reading up online, and I've talked to a few people who do clenseing, which isn't really so much a diet it is just to clense out the toxins in certain parts of the body by drinking fresh squeezed vegetable and fruit juice blended with ice for like a week and take psillium (I know I spelt that wrong) fiber twice a day. Just wondering if that is like the same thing?
It is just my opinion that cleanses are a lot of hooey. Your body cleanses itself of "toxins" everyday - when you go to the bathroom. It's incredible, free and healthy.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #39  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy Mama View Post
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the "break up diet" yet! You don't eat any food except diet coke and low cal microwave popcorn and smoke cigarettes while crying on the phone to your friends for 8 hours a day. You can drop about 10lbs in 2 weeks!

If there was a quick fix, a quick permanent fix, I would have found it by now, bottled it, sold it, and been a billionaire!
Oh my goodness, that's where I went wrong. I thought for sure the "break-up diet" was diving head first into a half gallon of ice cream. And then shoveling a bag full of Doritos down one's throat as fast as humanly possible, in between sobs.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #40  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
It is just my opinion that cleanses are a lot of hooey. Your body cleanses itself of "toxins" everyday - when you go to the bathroom. It's incredible, free and healthy.
Glory, have I ever mentioned how much I really, REALLY like you?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

agrees with glory...if your kidneys and liver are functioning properly....your body is cleansing itself by the minute. Its all a crock the "clensing diets" And i think your body feeling like the flu is your body's way of telling you something ain't kosher. Be careful of stuff like that..many peopl have lost gall bladders due to rapid poor unhealthy wt loss.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I think it's more than just Glory's opinion. Most of the medical community would agree that the cleansing fad is best for one thing: separating you from your money!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Add me to the "cleansing diet is hooey" group.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 312/307/142

Height: 5'6

Of course I have similar experiences. I'm now adopting the philosophy that I'm eating healthy for being healthy and not to lose weight. The weight loss is just a side effect. I can't even recount the number or times I've decided, Okay, I'm just going to eat oatmeal all week and see how much weight I can lose, or I'm just not going to eat until 6 o'clock at night and then I can have one big meal, or I'm going to eat only fruit and then run 5 miles a day. It works, but it's not possible to do for any length of time.

Just think about it. If you've got 60 pounds to lose, at an average loss of 2 pounds a week, that's 30 weeks or about 7 to 8 months. I can almost guarantee that if you do some crazy diet and lose all of your weight within the next 3 months or so, you will probably have gained it all back right around the time that you should be hitting your goal weight. Do it the right way and then you only have to lose the weight once.
kcmolisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #45  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Ah yeah!
I've lost weight quick plenty of times. Once when i was around 15, I went onto the 'noodles' diet - where I at nothing but noodles for dinner every night, I would have a small roll with tuna for lunch and that was it. By the end of the two weeks if I ever saw another noodle I would have killed somebody loooooooool! I lost 11lb in two weeks.
It wasnt sustainable at all - and so what happened? It all came back after (a). drinking water (b). eating how I had been before
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote