Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 AM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default disappointed in myself

I am coming clean. I have been off plan for weeks now food-wise and I thought I was doing okay. The scale went down for me overall (almost 10 pounds since the 1st of Jan).

Today I went in for my monthly body fat analysis. My body fat went down 1% which I guess is good but I *lost* 3 pounds of muscle. And we all know muscle weighs more than fat, so in essence....yeah. I suck big time.

I need to get myself re-motivated. No more junk in the house, no pizza, no crappy empty calories. More cardio, more weights (even if I miss my gym hour, do it at home). More posting on this site because when I am posting more, I am doing better overall.

I'm frustrated and annoyed with myself, but the good news is I was given cold hard facts today and I can take those and re-focus myself. I have about 16 weeks until my husband comes home for R&R from Iraq and I don't want to just give up and see what happens. I need a plan.

So that was basically my public outing of myself haha. More for me than for you to read. I just need to focus and quit cheating!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:37 AM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Well it's more of a volume thing 3lbs of muscle is still 3lbs, but you can work on getting that back with a bit of weight training and as long as you continue to eat better you'll likely still be losing... even though you're gaining muscle weight! (which in the long term will help you to lose weight better)

We all have those slip ups but the important part is to keep going.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

It's okay! Dust yourself off & get back up on the horse

Recommit. You can do this!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/206/142

Height: 5'5"

What great motivation for you to keep going. You're going to make your husband very proud!

Don't beat yourself up over the past but look towards the future. You can do it!
cdn carebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Out of curiosity were you told that you lost 3 lbs of lean body mass or were you told you lost 3 lbs of muscle? You will naturally lose lean body mass as you lose weight. It includes such things as water and excess cells that your body no longer needs. It is not unusual to lose muscle as you lose weight though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Cakses! Don't despair--this is just one of those wonderful wake-up calls, calling you back to your commitment!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote