Back -- Again <sigh>

• Ok, so exactly how many times am I going to lose the same weight before I get it ? This is the third time I've lost the same 15 lbs. Never did get to goal. So I'm back, again. I seem to lose these stupid 15 lbs. then hit a wall, get frustrated, "take a break" just "for awhile" and eventually gain it all back. What IS this love affair with food that I have? It isn't even the WHAT, its the HOW MUCH. Why can't I be satisfied with some candy/cookies/chips, etc. Why must I consume mass quantities? Blech I say!!

I'm once again armed for battle. Never posted on this particular thread but hopefully diet is mostly the discussion here. Chit chat is fine and all but I need a place where I can babble on incessentantly about fat, muscle, food and exercise.

I'm counting calories, I do intervals on the TM 3x/wk, do strength training 2-3x/wk and am looking into Pilates, Yoga, and stability ball dvds. I know exactly what I need to do, I know the 'zig-zag the calories' thing, the 'after burn' thing, the 'feed the muscle, lose the fat' thing, the 'eat good carbs' thing, the 'stay away from the processed food' thing. Blah, blah, blah. Theories are great; practicing them is hard. My goal is to lose 35 lbs. -- and keep it off!!!!!

Just thought I'd say hi. Looking forward to meeting new peeps.

Cheers!

• The "trick" is really just commitment. Commitment to a new lifestyle completely. For me, there is no reverting back. No breaks. Not to say I don't make my share of mistakes! My goodness, but do I make them. But, those mistakes are soon in the past as I get back up and get back on the horse. So one poorly chosen meal is just one meal, and not a day, or days... or weeks.

If you hit a wall when you get to 15 lbs (and who knows how it will work this time) then maybe instead of a "break" you need to maintain those 15 lbs down for a few weeks. No expectations of losing more at that moment, just maintaining the 15 lbs gone. Maintaining a loss is a huge accomplishment!

Please continue to post & let us all know about your progress

Best of success!
  • I hear you!

This is my third time down from 200 to 175.

I am so sick of losing the same weight over and over.

But it has only happened because I fell back into my former lifestyle.

Not this time.

I am not losing quickly, but I am trending down and I am maintaining while I go. Each little milestone represents a weight I will never allow myself to be again.

You know what to do. I know you can do it! I am also a hat trick loser, but this is the LAST time. I am determined. I know you can do it. It is about conscious intake of nutrition and purposeful movement for exercise. And there will be speedbumps, but keep on the journey you have planned for yourself.
  • Hey!

Here at 3FC, "Weight Loss Support" means just that.

Hang out with us, look around, read threads, post!

Jay
  • It is a hard pill to swallow, isn't it - that there can be no going back........ Only continuing onward and upward, no reverting to the old ways. But once you ACCEPT that, it opens up the door to learning new healthy habits, finding great healthy foods to eat, learning some portion control, eating mindfully, learning to move on - QUICKLY - from unplanned splurges, it does get easier.

Just know that you are not alone, not by any stretch of the imagination. Today is a new day and a new opportunity to improve. Best of luck to you.
  • I know I'm going to struggle with my weight the rest of my life. What I do know is that to keep the weight off, I can't go back to my former lifestyle-- I have to keep the changes permanently! Thankfully, I love the food I'm eating and am learning to enjoy the benefits of regular exercise. Yes, I do go off plan more often than I would like, but I know I have to keep coming back to my regular routine!

You aren't alone in this!
  • Hey, thanks for all the encouraging words. Yeah, I know it's a lifestyle change and all. Finally sinking in. I've always had that "I'll lose xx lbs, get down to my goal then I can eat whatever, whenever I want' mindset. Uh, like DUH -- that just doesn't work. Faerie, my mouth said that 'maintain that 15 lb. loss' would be oh so doable by keeping up the exercise and bagging the food part. And it DID work -- for awhile. But in the long run, obviously not. Keeping OP MOST of the time is what will keep me at goal --WHEN I get there. Food is meant to be enjoyed and I won't ever give up the good stuff -- er, I mean the bad stuff . Saying I will isn't fooling anyone, especially me. BUT moderation, moderation, moderation. Eating a Payday once in a while won't do any damage. Eating a Payday twice a week consistently will. Same w/those darn Doritos (who invents this stuff anyway? )

Had to go out this a.m. for work but am home and changed immediately into my workout clothes. Am headed to my cave (I say that with much fondness for I truly love my cave ) to the TM when I'm done posting.

Had my Total Cranberry Crunch for bfast (very yummy new cereal) and just had 1/2 apple w/natural pbutter for a snack. I borrowed "Make Over Your Metabolism" by Robert Reames from the library. He's the guy who helped w/Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge. Good book, bascially eat good carbs, whole grains, lean protein, good fats, moderation, etc. Similar to The Sugar Solution (hey, for a buck thirty on ebay who could resist?) Great exercise routines. I've been working out for awhile but have been off and on w/the strength stuff so I did the beginner strength workout w/tubes yesterday. Surprisingly, I'm feeling it in places today. Excellent!

RR -- you hit the nail on the head. Eating mindfully. That is the mantra, isn't it? What gets me into trouble is the 'remote eating'. The 'mindless-munching-hand-to-mouth-while-removed-from-awareness-totally-brain-numbed-zombie-like-downing-mass volumes-of-crunchy/salty-things (followed-by-the-sweet-and-crunchy-things)-with-a-bag-of-it-in-one-hand-and-the-remote-control-in-the-other-hand-EATING' that gets me -- and will continue to get me -- each and every time. You'd think after putting one's hand on a hot stove and getting burned numerous times that you'd finally stop doing it. Hopefully I've learned the lesson and can throw away the burn salve.

Cheers!

Backfat is for chickens, not people.
  • Hat Trick! You're on the ball today!
  • I had to quit smoking several times before I "got it"- 13 years now. I don't know if this will be my last diet, but I think if I keep trying, I will "get it" eventually.

I wake up in the night and eat the crunchy-salty-crunchy-sweet etc etc stuff. It is like "sleep eating". This is a really bad habit and probably the number one cause of my overweightness. I have improved over the last year, but I am far from perfect in that regard. It's like I am completely powerless to control myself when I am asleep.
  • gailr42, do you take any sleep medications? There is one that has as a side effect, eating at night, often not remembering it.

Jay
  • Quote: [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]

RR -- you hit the nail on the head. Eating mindfully. That is the mantra, isn't it? What gets me into trouble is the 'remote eating'. The 'mindless-munching-hand-to-mouth-while-removed-from-awareness-totally-brain-numbed-zombie-like-downing-mass volumes-of-crunchy/salty-things (followed-by-the-sweet-and-crunchy-things)-with-a-bag-of-it-in-one-hand-and-the-remote-control-in-the-other-hand-EATING' that gets me -- and will continue to get me -- each and every time. You'd think after putting one's hand on a hot stove and getting burned numerous times that you'd finally stop doing it. Hopefully I've learned the lesson and can throw away the burn salve.

]
    Oh my gosh, did YOU ever hit the nail on the head. I totally read that without taking a breath! And then you hit the nail once more, - About the hand on the hot stove- oh I'm gonna LIKE having you around . Yeah, but that's it. We've got to put the brakes on that kind of stuff. Set up rules, guidlines for ourselves. BOUNDARIES. Beforehand, I had no boundaries. I just keep on eating and eating and eating, without even THINKING about it. Now I have to make it a conscious effort to ALWAYS think about. Keep it in the forefront of my mind, not down in the sand somewhere.

I find planning essential to my good eating. Eating healthy does not happen by chance. It actually needs to me mapped out in advance.

Anyway, just know that it really is possible to change ones habits. I look forward to hearing lots more from you.