Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #16  
Made of Starstuff

Wewt ^^ So glad to see the scale moved for you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats!! I'm always so happy to hear about it when we beg someone to raise her calories to a sustainable level and then, when she does, her stall ends and she loses! It's great and it's a liveable diet. Congrats.

FWIW, fruits and veggies are carbs too. Carbs are not the enemy.
(Just make sure you get some protein and some healthy fat in with your grains and veggies.)
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #18  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Focus on all of your successes aside from your weight. Did you exercise today? Did you choose a turkey sandwich over a hamburger? A square of dark chocolate over a Snicker's bar? Did you walk more? Are your clothes looser? Can you see or feel definition where you couldn't before? Are you more energetic? Do you feel like you're making non-scale progress?

All of these little things are often overlooked but are to be celebrated just as highly -- if not higher -- than scale victories. These little things are what will make your eventual scale success, and will determine the course of your lifestyle change. Each one is worthy of being proud of, and should keep you motivated!

In one of my WW meetings not too long ago, I remember this one guy who shared that he had lost a pound that week, but it was the 1st pound he lost in about two months. Would you call him a failure? No one would call him a failure. He's nothing but a success. Same holds for you. You're doing the right things, and the scale will eventually catch up with you.
Thank you Jaime I think we all could use that perspective once ina while (or, you know, daily)
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #19  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Archy how many calories are you eating?
1300-1400 on non-lifting days
1500-1600 on lifting days
~2000 one day.

All clean.

Freakin' sucks. Although, I'm now in Kansas so we'll see how just upping my exercise by like a million goes. I'm trying to stick to 1500-1600 90% clean while I'm here.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #20  
calories? what calories?

S/C/G: 245/176/110

Height: 5'2"

Baffled, I realize that fruits have carbs, but they're mostly simple sugars in watery fruit, and even a banana doesn't come close to rice or pasta in it's carb values. Potatoes are also much less carb-full than those.

And as for veggies, they have such low carb levels, they are almost not important - again, there are exceptions like carrots and cauliflower, but still waaay less than starchy foods.

I read this book about frugivores. People who eat only raw fruit and nuts. First of all, they live longer. George Bernard Shaw was one of them, and he died at the age of 95, falling off a tree, while trying to pick fruit. Another famous doctor person lived 113, and died in a car crash.
Secondly, they are as healthy as a human can humanly be! No colds, no cancers, no nothing! One woman cured herself of AIDS. Some say she let her body do the healing with feeding it the natural food that humans were evolutionary made to eat.

I tried eating only fruit, and must say that I did feel great! My weight plumeted 9 pounds in a week, and I was as happy as a bee on a flower.

Your thoughs on this?
Aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote