Oh, dear

• Despite the fact everyone seems to be noticing that I am losing weight, and old clothes are beginning to fit again... I just logged into my ticker are realized I've only lost ONE POUND in the last THREE WEEKS.

Oh, dear.
  • No worries, TwirlandSwirl. Don't forget, the number on the scale is just a number. In addition to the health benefits that come with shedding lbs, most of us here want to see our DIMENSIONS decrease. What a stupid scale says is pretty irrelevant! If folks are noticing, and you're noticing a difference in how your clothes fit, you are definitely doing something right.
  • If your clothes are fitting better, your body is feeling better, and people are noticing, I agree, probably your scale just isn't cooperating. Everyone is different...I only lose during 2 weeks out of my cycle anyway (I am apparently very sensitive to hormones when it comes to weight).

Keep moving ahead, and don't worry too much unless the scale gets stuck for a much longer period of time.
  • Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are starting to work out, then you may lose the weight slower at first. Since your old clothes are fitting better after only 5 lbs, then give it a while. Like Mandalinn said, the TOM can make a difference. Back in the old days when I still had one, it would not be unusual for me to put on 8 lbs during mine and it would come right off.

Set up a little database for yourself and start measuring. You may be seeing results there before the scales decide to play nice.