Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/192/140

Height: 5'3

Default What is stopping me!

Last night i kept thinking what is holding me back from losing this weight. I have 8 months till i want to get prenant again. I will be so mad at myself if i dont lose some of this beforehand! And why not lose it now and enjoy being thinner for little while? I cant figure it out but i was thinking its like someone who is in recovoery but really isnt. I guess I just was not there. BUt I have challenged myself for one week to follow my plan to a T. What harm will this do! Give myself one week and look at the results. I bet I will like what i see. Being committed to losing weight it so hard but I personally need to fight it and make a commitment!!! What else has helped others get there?

Last edited by mommyagain3; 02-18-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
mommyagain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #2  

Feelings. Feelings are holding you back. I also realized this recently. When I first lost my weight I told my feelings to shut up. Just like going to work every day I don't let my feelings stop me. That would be nuts. I just get up, go to work, even though I don't like it. Because I have no choice. You have to look at weight loss that way too.

Your going to get up, eat less, and that is all there is to it. Like paying bills or cleaning the litter box. Your just going to do it. You don't have to feel like it -- you don't need motivation, you are just going to do it.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! good questions...

Sometimes what's stopping people is a relationship with food that got really kind of messed up when we were kids... like, parents rewarding us with food, or our throwing tantrums until we got to eat the tasty treat, things like that.

The thing to realize is that no matter how much I eat now, it is never going to satisfy that 5-year-old within who wants more.

So I just have to get beyond that level of feeling and thinking. Sure, I want to eat X (fill in the blank) but so what? I will not die if I don't eat it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey! good questions...
So I just have to get beyond that level of feeling and thinking. Sure, I want to eat X (fill in the blank) but so what? I will not die if I don't eat it.
Jay
Very true, and I've come to realize that "I will not die if I don't eat it" but I will if I do!! Being 100 pounds overweight will eventually kill me -- not tomorrow but it is cutting years off my life and I am not prepared to allow that to happen.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I remember a few years ago i had this fear of there not being enough food to go around. I worked at a doctors office. And we would have drug reps bring lunch in. I would make sure i was the first one in there fixing my plate because i was afraid there wouldn't be enough for everyone. Finally....i realized...i had money. If there wasn't enough food to go around, i would just go buy myself lunch. I don't know why i had that fear but it was with me for like a year before i finally told myself to chill. I don't really know how this relates to your problem but maybe it's just plain out fear of some sort. Fear of missing out on something. The only thing i was missing out on...was my figure. I was packing on the weight. Thank goodness somehow...i managed to quiet that fear down.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #6  

Thanks for the great advice. i believe there is some truth to all of it. So far today I have done great. its only pm but i have a great mind set. I just keep telling myself that i dont have a choice any longer this is ridiculous! just do it!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #7  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

lumifan.. what you said just totally hit me like a ton of bricks. I am also the first one in line when food comes to the office. like i am scared to death it is going to be gone by the time i get to it. you are so right. *i* have money. If it's not there when i get there... SO WHAT!!? I'm not going to starve.

It's so hard to retrain this old brain!

mommyagain, my real motivation for losing weight is so i can plan on getting pregnant in about 2 years or so. i really want to have a healthy pregnancy, and i just don't see how that could work for me if i am obese and am having blood sugar issues now.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #8  

I agree and that is where i am at but for some reason its just not coming off. I also got married this summer and usually a bride wants to be thing for her wedding right! Well that didnt do it for me either. I lost 7 pounds and i had over a year to prepare. But I also want to get pregnant at a healthy weight. So I need to just get busy and do this. Good luck to you on yours also!!!