• So far today i've eaten:
    two eggs
    two slices of whole grain toast with butter
    one plate of pasta with a side salad
    one plate of rice and beans
    half a bag of chips
    one WHOLE tub of vanilla soy ice cream
    one WHOLE jar of creamy peanut butter

and it's only 3:20pm. I'm so mad at myself i could spit. I'm sabatoging myself left and right. I know it, i see it, i say to myself, "You're not hungry anymore, stop eating" and yet i DONT. i KEEP EATING. and then i feel like crap. I just walked to the store in the Swedish crappy winter for ice cream and peanut butter. Sat down on the couch, and at the whole thing. I dont feel satisfied, I dont feel like my craving is filled, I just feel like a gross blob. This has been going on for a week. I'm terrophied to weigh in tomarow, I know it's going to be ugly. Ug, why do I do this to myself?

I need someone to go drill sargent on my ***. lol. I NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK!
  • You have made it this far. You have made great stides in your weight loss and it looks like you are craving everything you have avoided all this time during your journey. Now that you have eaten all that, maybe the cravings are out of your system now. Today is a brand new day and you can just get right back on track. Your ticker shows that you have all the right tools to do it, just do it!
    Congrats on the fantastic weight loss already!!
  • You need help! Have you tried the Chicks in Control forum? Go here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64

I don't know what to say that will make you stop eating. Can you call a friend and ask for help? Can you get out of the house and go somewhere that food isn't available? Can you get rid of any "bad" foods that are in your house?

Do you know what set you off on this? For example, have you been trying to keep your calories too low? Did something upsetting happen at work, school, or home? Have you been getting enough sleep, or not? All of these things can contribute.

Please get a grip... I hope you can!

Jay
  • well, for the past month or so my calories have been too low, I started bringing them up again, and then i started binging. I havent been sleeping well, and i've had this week off from school. I'm a HUGE bordome eater. I'm hoping it will get better when I get back into my normal schedual.

oh, and did i mention i stopped using Fitday too? ::sigh:: I need to pay attention to my signature!
  • Okay, so there are some answers. Now, what can you do about it so you don't do this again (even today!). If you're bored, can you find something to do?

As for eating too little, unfortunately your story is all too common. It seems to help NOT to starve!!! That helps curbs cravings for many!!!

See this as a learning experience so you don't have the same problem in the future!

Finally, in addition to figuring out your triggers, I think you need to be able to forgive yourself and see NOW as a now day.
  • Okay, you can turn this around. You know exactly what to do cause, you've lost a real lot of weight already - now you just need to DO IT!!!!

Go back to dieting 101 if need be. Right back to the beginning. Fitday, clearing the house of all "junk", adding in heatlhy stuff, planning, exercise - the whole kit and cabadoodle.

And yes, you HAVE come too far to take orders from a cookie - or ice cream - or peanut butter or any of that other stuff. Get back with it - pronto. You need to break that cycle of overeating. You will be thrilled and utterly relieved when you do and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

• Stop, breathe, don't panic. You CAN do this. It was a blip. You CAN turn this around. Starting now. Get Fitday back out. Commit to logging EVERY bite for the next week. Plan your menu a day ahead. If it isn't on the menu, you can't have it - period. You want it - NP - put it on tomorrow's menu. You can have it tomorrow. Planned and accounted for.

I find that when my daily routine is altered, planning and preparation are more critical than ever. No plan = unstructured eating = trouble - for me at least.

I look forward to your post next weekend - telling us how great you are doing
  • If you have any trigger foods clear them out of the house!!
  • well i did my weigh in this morning, I've GAINED 7 LBS! gah... I knew it was going to be bad but i didnt think it was going to be THIS bad. If i'm still this high tomarow i'm going to have to change my ticker i suppose. grrrrr. Stupid Mango
  • Mango, it isn't fair on those days that we have the cravings. I know that not everyone will agree with me but if it is only and occasional day here and there (and I mean every month or so) then I don't think it can hurt too much to have something that you are really craving. ONLY FOR ONE DAY THOUGH, not a whole week or more.

I LOVE bread but don't really enjoy it without having REAL butter on it so if I don't have the butter I don't eat any bread....easy. My only problem is that about every two to three months I get a really big craving for the butter, so what I do is buy a half pound (250g) block of butter and eat it with bread, it usually lasts about a month. Once it is gone it is gone, so I don't have any bread or butter for the next few months until I get that graving again.

Good luck with the remainder of your weight loss, you have done really well so far, you don't want to mess that up.

Jennylee
  • Mango -- Remember that you haven't digested the food yet and that the WEIGHT of the undigested food is part of the issue, plus possible water retention. I doubt you ate 24,500 EXTRA calories yesterday.

Wait a few days and then you will see the more real number. Most likely you are up a couple of pounds!
  • I agree with Heather. I'm sure some of those lbs will disappear quite quickly, others might stick around a bit longer. But not for good!! You have the power to get rid of them.

And I wouldn't say "Stupid Mango". I'd say, "Human, normal average, just like the rest of us - Mango".

In fact, I'd say, you are lucky to have recognized what you were doing before that 7 lb gain turned into a 10 lb gain and then a 15 lb gain and so on and so on.
  • Oh, you didn't gain 7 pounds. Drink drink drink that water and you'll be back down by morning.

Get up and clean or sit here and post...then you won't be bored and think you need something to eat.
  • well today went MUCH better, few! Thanks for all the suport guys, I might not actualy weigh in again untill next week, and just pray i can get all the weight off. Figure that will help my self asteem a bit!