Inspiration Oasis :)

• Hi everyone!! I was hoping we could start a thread of motivational quotes, stories,poems,songs or anything else you find inspiring. My hope is that if you need an extra dose of motivation you might find it here
    Here's a couple of quotes I really like to get started:

In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
    -Michael Korda

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. -Unknown Author

All the best,
    Chunky
  • High hopes are born and dreams come true
    when you've mastered the secrets of success.

With a little everyday magic in all that you do,
    you can achieve peace love and happiness.

It's up to you to decide how your life will unfold
    and whether or not you will choose to go far.

The future lies within the plan that you mold.
    You might as well shine like the star that you are!

You've got the power
    and today is the day.

Starting this very hour,
    here you go on your way!

Copyright 2006 Wanda Hope Carter
    All Rights Reserved
  • YEAH!!! I'm a quote-a-holic..lol

Here are a few of my favs right now

-"You should love yourself. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person....We are all becoming what we want to become"- Gerard Way (lead singer of My Chemical Romance)

-"You are what you are because that's what you want to be. You, and only you, have the power to make a change"- John Hunter

-" In anything you do in your life, try to stay positive and motivated by the anticipation of future successes rather than fear of failure or past difficulties."-David Kuch
  • Never give up, only when you give up, do you fail.
  • Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.- Arnold H. Glasgow

Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections. -Saint Francis de Sales

UNKNOWN AUTHORS

-"What you did in the past, though it might have made you the person you are today, has absolutely no bearing on what you do in the future."

-"You didn't get out of shape and unhealthy overnight, and you won't get fit and healthy overnight - despite what the infomercials tell you"

-"You know how to take charge of your life and transform yourself into the person you want to be, all you have to do is make the commitment to yourself and believe in yourself enough to keep your commitment."

-"You get whatever you settle for" If you settle for being fat, then you wont change.
  • "The rest of the world lives to eat, while I eat to live."
    Socrates

"Victory belongs to the most persevering."
    Napoleon

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
    is not an act but a habit."
    Aristotle

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    Confucius

Constant dripping hollows out a stone."
    Lucretius

"Any experience can be transformed into something of value. Everything depends on the way you look at things. You cannot have the success without the failures."
    Unknown
  • Little strokes fell great oaks. - Ben Franklin
  • "The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change."--Carl Rogers

And my favorite, for when I'm feeling woe-is-me about having to plan all the time-

"Circumstances - what are circumstances? I make circumstances."--Napoleon Bonaparte