Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #1  
Im a work in progress!!

Default Questions for Low Carbers

This was my 1st day on atkins, and I was wondering when this feeling will go away. I felt fine all day till now, and I just feel lethargic. When will it go away? Ive been drinking alot of water, made sure to get in vitamins and over 100g of protein. My carbs are at 20g. And calories are at 1350. What do I do?? Is this right? I dont want to cause more harm than good.
CountryGirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #2  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

You'll feel differently depending on how many carbs you're used to eating. Right now, you're body is switching fuel sources. Since you haven't switched fully into "fat burning for energy" mode, you're short on glucose. It should pass in a day or two. I felt pretty crummy for the first 2 days, then on day 3 got better, and on day 4 felt the same as always.

Just be careful if it's killer cold outside. My first two days were SUPER COLD days, and I could NOT get warm for the life of me. Once my body made the "switch" to burning fat for energy, things got better.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:23 AM   #3  
Size 10 or BUST!!

S/C/G: 266/261.5/150

Height: 5' 10"

Cool adkins diet

Goodness....I remember my hubby and I tried the Adkins diet and I got the WORST headache the 2nd day!! But stick with it....the first three days are **** but it will get easier!!

sugarfree gum=your bestfriend!
tired of the size 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

This is commonly called "Induction Flu" but...the good news is, it will pass in a few days once your body gets more used to your new way of eating
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/279/185

Tired...I lauged when I read your post....yes indeed sugar free gum is your best friend!!!
TakingBkTheTrumpCard is offline   Reply With Quote