3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Whole Food = Full Stomach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/134237-whole-food-%3D-full-stomach.html)

Crescendo 02-12-2008 03:01 PM

Whole Food = Full Stomach

Hey Everyone -- I am back on the wagon and started eating whole foods and grains and now I am full almost 24/7! It is hard because I have been trying not to eat refined sugar (I am a sugar addict!), but so far so good -- I've been eating fruits and veggies and whole GRAIN (not just whole wheat, which may be just flour with coloring) and it really does work. You got full and it is sustained! ANyway... just wanted to share that.

Glory87 02-12-2008 03:14 PM

That's awesome! I lost weight with a combination of whole foods and calorie counting and what you said was definitely true for me! Eating whole foods satisfies me the way my lousy eating habits NEVER did (no matter how much I ate, I was constantly restlessly looking for more). Now, I have wonderful health, great skin, lots of energy and size 6 jeans! Yay for whole foods :)

souvenirdarling 02-12-2008 03:34 PM

I'm actually surprised because I found whole foods haven't satisfied me - yet. I'm still working it out. Yesterday i had a big bowl of vegetarian homemade chili for lunch - kidney beans, white beans, mushrooms, green pappers, tofu - and a cup of brown rice, and I was hungry within three hours! :( Maybe I'm adjusting to not having rich foods?

mandalinn82 02-12-2008 03:56 PM

Whole foods really do satisfy me...a lot! Tons of volume for the calories, meaning I get to eat and have that really full-stomached feeling, with none of the guilt (and tons of fiber to boot!).

Souvenir - are you sure you aren't thirsty? I mix up the two all the time.

I try to eat every 3 hours or so anyway, regardless....small snacks keep me from being too full but keep hunger at bay. I find that whole foods don't tend to "stick" in my stomach like a brick...imagine the heaviness after eating a big fast food meal...but they do fill me up for fewer calories overall.

Glory87 02-12-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by souvenirdarling (Post 2051166)
I'm actually surprised because I found whole foods haven't satisfied me - yet. I'm still working it out. Yesterday i had a big bowl of vegetarian homemade chili for lunch - kidney beans, white beans, mushrooms, green pappers, tofu - and a cup of brown rice, and I was hungry within three hours! :( Maybe I'm adjusting to not having rich foods?

I plan to eat every 2-3 hours :)

sunshine 02-13-2008 12:36 PM

I'm so glad you started this thread because I just started this way of eating about a week or so ago. I bought the book "The Eat-Clean Diet" and it is just as you described. It advocates eating every 2 or 3 hours and having protein and complex carbs with every meal so you're never hungry.

I started it because I need to lower my cholesterol and I have to stay away from processed foods, fried foods, etc. and this is perfect for what I need and it's a great way to get in the best health.

I eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, and orange and almonds for mid-morning snack, salmon (on whole wheat/oat bran bread that I make myself) with spinach leaves for lunch, no-fat yogurt and canned black beans (not mixed together with the yogurt!!!) for mid-afternoon snack, and a fruit and veg salad for dinner.

I'm loving it so far.

souvenirdarling 02-13-2008 01:26 PM

I drink a lot of water because itès solved some other womens troubles for me. Water is just plain good for you.

I think I'll start preparing a better afternoon snack :) I brought extra squash to work today ;)

Sunshine - You tempted me to invent a black-bean-yogurt salad recipe there :)

I just bought a cookbook called "Vegan Planet" which, although not focusing on weight loss, had a lot of great points about vegan lifestyle, the kind of foods to buy, and a lot of great recipes! Inspirational!

horsey 02-13-2008 01:37 PM

I've been studying the clean eating diet too, I feel so much better and less hungry eating this way. I'm trying to figure out what brands to buy that are healthiest etc and I'm not craving carbs like I was before. Even mid day with 800 cal so far for the day, on clean eating I'm not even that hungry for dinner... this is coming from someone who loved fast food.