Anyone else see this article?

• Hi all. So I saw this article on Stumptuous.com forever ago and I just wanted to see who else read it. It's about the connection between being sedentary and weight. Here's a link:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Dye...3922069&page=1

I found it really fascinating and it's been my goal to putter more since reading it. Also any other Stumptuous.com fans out there?
  • That is a very interesting article! And it's something I've wondered about. Yes, I move when I go for a walk and go to the gym, but what about the rest of the time? I have a job where I sit at a desk all day. Also, when I go somewhere I drive sitting in a car, and in the evening I sit and watch TV.

You can see why the body wouldn't bother to keep the fat-utilizing enzymes going if someone is sitting. That would be a waste, since they aren't needed.

I do get up and move around frequently, but I think I'll do more of it!

Jay
  • I'm a fan of stumptuous.com. She's great!
  • that's interesting..however, i guesss i'm never the norm. See most of my life i've been overactive but overwt. Growing up i always had jobs such as working in barns or kennels that kept me walking. My problem was..i overate. But i think for most pieple...it really does apply to them.
  • I was just saying I think I am seeing a winter/summer difference in my metabolism because even though my exercise is up there, my activity level during normal hours is lower. Not taking the kids to the park or on walks or even in the backyard. A lot more books and coloring and stuff.