3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Please be my witnesses (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/134015-please-my-witnesses.html)

Nightingale68 02-09-2008 10:22 PM

Please be my witnesses

Ok, perhaps this will sound a bit crazy to some, but i need to do it. Here's the deal: I have been trying to figure out how to start this weight loss journey plus giving up smoking plus starting to excercise, plus becoming a healthier person and through all that, giving my daughter (15 and a bit overweight) a good example and some inspiration to change as well. So I realized I need to put my ideas in order, or else I will definitely feel overwhelmed and fail. I need a plan and I need discipline. Since I hate when people tell me they will do something and then they don't, :nose: I figured it would help to apply that to myself and go public with my mini goals. So here they go. My first three mini goals.
Commitment 1
When I go to bed tonight, I will thank the Greater Power for the chance I've been given to change. When I wake up tomorrow, I will look in the mirror and say to myself "good morning, you are beautiful and strong" instead of "oh Lord, I look horrible, I'm huge, what is wrong with me". Then I will clean my house, put some order around, and through the day I WILL DRINK WATER, NOT COFFEE!
Commitment 2
Monday February 11th. I will weigh, measure, and start my daily food journal. Why that specific date? Because that will be my 10th "smoke free" day :woohoo:
Commitment 3
Thursday February 14th. I will start excercising. Because I will be my own Valentine, and start loving myself for a change.

So, thanks for being my witnesses, and wish me luck!

CountingDown 02-09-2008 10:29 PM

Wow - 3 really BIG changes and goals! You go girl!!!!

I am not wishing you luck, because it is your positive attitude, your will power, your determination and your higher power that will help you succeed. I don't really think there is any luck involved at all.

I will keep you in my prayers - you are off to a wonderful start. Keep your eye on the prize, keep praying for strength, and you WILL succeed!

JayEll 02-10-2008 06:29 AM

All right then! We hear you! Let us know how it goes. :cheer2:

Jay

rockinrobin 02-10-2008 07:43 AM

Yup, I heard you too - loud and clear - I'm a witness.

And I gotta tell you, I really liked everything that I heard! It sounds marvelous, simply marvelous. I'm EXCITED for you as you embark on this journey to better health, for you - and your daughter. And you know what? - there's no reason on earth that you can't do this. You've got the power to do it all, so GO FOR IT!!! :hug:

DeliciousBoo 02-10-2008 07:52 AM

I witness your fabulous pledges too... you go girl.

best of luck

Boo x x

bargoo 02-10-2008 08:46 AM

I believe that you will do it.

dandk0204 02-10-2008 10:40 AM

You go girl! I am a witness and I believe you can do this!

suesully 02-10-2008 11:00 AM

What wonderful commitments! Love them!! :dancer: What a wonderful inspiration you will be for your daughter. :goodvibes

midwife 02-10-2008 12:03 PM

Fantastic!

chick_in_the_hat 02-10-2008 01:00 PM

What beautiful commitments!! Cheering you on!! :cheer:

Serena C 02-10-2008 01:11 PM

Those are wonderful goals and I wish you the absolute best with them. Please keep us updated on how it's going, and always check in here if you need a pep talk. Yay!