3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   No Pity Party for ME... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/133942-no-pity-party-me.html)

Twentytogo 02-08-2008 07:00 PM

No Pity Party for ME...

I started to hang around this forum almost a month ago now. I'm sick and tired about "thinking" of getting rid of the twenty pounds I have yoyo'd on for years now. Here's the deal with me. My main goal other than loosing that weight, its staying there, FOREVER. If I feel like I need motivation I come here that. If I post "I just don't feel like moving today", I really don't want to hear, yea, I feel that way too, think I'll try to move tomorrow. Sorry, thats how I got this way. What I really want is SUPPORT, someone to say, well then do something, get up, put the mouse down, step away from the computer, TV whatever and get moving. Or, when I feel that way, I do this...

I understand we are all ultimately for the same reason. We all desparately want to lose weight whether it is 5 pounds or 400. We all understand the unhapiness it brings to our lives.

Maybe its just me, but feel free to get on me and push me and drill me when I ask. Its ok. It's why I am here. It's because I am done with the PITY PARTY and ready to take charge, (just may want a kick) sometimes to get that done!

Does anyone else feel like I do? :coach:

mandalinn82 02-08-2008 07:21 PM

That, my friend, is awesome.

You may look back on this twenty pounds from now, joyfully remembering the moment that the "switch flipped" in your mind that allowed you to finally, finally get this done for good.

Seriously, it's a big moment. Savor it and get to work!

Serena C 02-08-2008 08:14 PM

Well, I can't yell at you for being online, because as I write this, you're not! :)

Sounds like you've given yourself a good kick already, but we'll be here to help, and hopefully motivate ourselves in the process.

I'm from Michigan too, although quite a bit north of you yet! What type of exercise are you doing during the winter?

JayEll 02-08-2008 09:09 PM

:drill: You have come to the right place! :drill:

Jay

Twentytogo 02-08-2008 09:21 PM

Mandalin and Serera, thank you thank you thank you.

Serena, i was away working out! I "joined the February BootCamp chanllege" thread. I am taking it serious and workout like crazy all thru this month. Its not easy, I have to talk myself into it every day. I'm doing Slim N Six, and then some kind of extra cardio for a total of 60-100 minutes a day.

I have been reading and now hearing that we really need do need 60 minutes cardio MOST days. Although I would say to anyone, at least do SOMETHING, but strive for more. I caught this DR OZ on Oprah today after work and he said what I knew all along, most adults who do exercise, do not do enough!

When I lost 50 pounds in 4.5 months, 20 years ago, I walked, hard 5 miles a day, 5 days a week. It melted off. I again gained after my daughter was born. Again I worked out hard, aerobics 2 days a week and walked on treadmill 60 min. a day 5-6 days a week, I was 31 and again it melted off.

Well, now I'm 43 now, and have gained and lost the same twenty for about 5-6 years now. I know if I only got off my butt for 30 min. 3 days a week, it would be a joke (maybe it works for some of you) but my body would laugh at me!

To be really really honest? I was posting on a thread I took to, and when one of the girls was feeling down and not feeling like working out, I was trying to motivate her and told her (in a nice way) to try to push thru it.

The next day she never posted back and then another girl on the thread said we were not all here to loose it too quickly and its ok to take it easy and :blah::blah::blah: and don't Feel bad if you don't want to work out. I was a little stunned. I never put her down, I was trying to be a cheerleader. She already was on a good roll with loosing weight. I was left confused as to what people want here.

After thinking about this for a long time now, I thought well, everyones different, we can have a Pity Party side, and we can have a give me an "Encouraging, Push me, challange me side"
I beg to be pushed. I don't want to work out, please make me though, and I will thank you for it! I want to be fit and healthy for life!!!!!!!-thank you.

Determined in Texas 02-10-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twentytogo (Post 2045561)
I started to hang around this forum almost a month ago now. I'm sick and tired about "thinking" of getting rid of the twenty pounds I have yoyo'd on for years now. Here's the deal with me. My main goal other than loosing that weight, its staying there, FOREVER. If I feel like I need motivation I come here that. If I post "I just don't feel like moving today", I really don't want to hear, yea, I feel that way too, think I'll try to move tomorrow. Sorry, thats how I got this way. What I really want is SUPPORT, someone to say, well then do something, get up, put the mouse down, step away from the computer, TV whatever and get moving. Or, when I feel that way, I do this...

I understand we are all ultimately for the same reason. We all desparately want to lose weight whether it is 5 pounds or 400. We all understand the unhapiness it brings to our lives.

Maybe its just me, but feel free to get on me and push me and drill me when I ask. Its ok. It's why I am here. It's because I am done with the PITY PARTY and ready to take charge, (just may want a kick) sometimes to get that done!

Does anyone else feel like I do? :coach:

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I def. Need something like this. I need somebody to be pushy!