Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default Other trends?

So,
I've noticed that i am negligent about my eating habits. i eat too spontaneously with poor organization. I spend the exact same way too. so my weight and check book are an equal mess.

do you find that other areas in your life reflect similar issues you have with your health?
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

My own room used to be a mess. Completely filthy, no joke there. Garbage(empty bottles and stuff), junk, clothes.. everywhere. The floor wasn't even visible. In fact, the only clean spot in my room was the inside of my ferret's cage. My diet was equally as much of a mess, the garbage I ate reflected the garbage in my room.

Oddly enough, once I throughly cleaned my room, took up the carpeting, painted the walls a different color, all of that nice stuff.. I began doing the same with my diet. That's when I truly began eating 'cleaner'. And, frankly, all in all I'm living a much healthier life now.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

There does seem to be a correlation between the weight life and the rest of life--of course, it's an individual thing. Suze Orman often has noticed that people lose weight once they get their finances/debt under control--sort of like "feeling poor" makes one want to eat more.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

For me, it's messy rooms.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #5  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Man, if my house is messy it throws off everything for me. I don't want to study, I don't want to work out, I don't want to cook. I want to sit down and watch tv.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've always been a good financial planner, but I do notice that there are some similarities with how I've dealt with my weight/eating and other issues.

I tend to procrastinate and not do things until they HAVE to get done. I notice that I will frequently do things that I want to do NOW, even though it means my future will be harder. Why grade those papers today, when they don't need to be turned back for three days? Problem is, two days from now I'll be buried with work and completely stressed out. Better to spend some time NOW to make tomorrow easier.

I sometimes think the reason I was able to lose weight this time was that mentally, I finally prioritized it! I didn't want to screw up my future any more. I also don't procrastinate in other areas of my life as much as I used to...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Yep, as soon as my finances are out of whack, my eating goes out the window. When I have less money, I tend to spend more on eating out/ordering in... Even though cooking is cheaper. Go figure.

Also, if I have a messy kitchen, it is WAY difficult to make me get in there and cook. I'm easily persuaded to eat out if there are dishes in the sink.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Messy kitchen for me, as well. I can't fathom cooking in a dirty kitchen. This meant I had to get my kitchen in order as well as my eating...

It always reminded me of that "If you give a mouse a cookie..." children's book...because it just spiraled from there. If you do the dishes in the sink, you'll probably want to gather dishes from other rooms and do them too. If you gather from the other rooms, you'll probably want to neaten them. If you are already cleaning, and you did the dishes already, you may as well wash the counters and the floors...as long as you have the all-purpose cleaner and mop out, you may as well get the bathroom out of the way"...my house has never been cleaner.

I also do my laundry way more frequently (I used to wear things 2-3 times before washing, which I can still do with things, but I can't STAND to wear dirty gym clothes because I sweat a LOT, so the laundry gets done twice a week to clean the gym clothes)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #9  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Pharmacy View Post
Man, if my house is messy it throws off everything for me. I don't want to study, I don't want to work out, I don't want to cook. I want to sit down and watch tv.
LoL, I'm the exact opposite. I don't want to cook is my kitchen it TOO clean. I get all frustrated because when things are in their "place" they aren't where they "should" be [for me to cook]. If hubby didn't insist on deep cleaning it weekly, there would be baking pans, pots, pans and spices all over my kitchen.

With the rest of the house...when I'm working, I need distractions close at hand. And when the house is clean, I can't just put down some code and grab cards or something. I have to get up and figure out where I put it. :P
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote