Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default xxxxxxxxxx's on my fridge calendar!

I read a great idea somewhere and I started it this month. I have a little calendar on my fridge. Every day I put a forward slash through the day if I ate good and clean and met my calorie goals. And I put a backward slash on the day if I exercise at least 30 min, writing if it's my cardio or weight training day as I'm alternating days.

I'm also counting calories and writing everything down. But now that I'm getting the idea on calories and portions, even if I don't write everything down or enter in the computer, this xxxxx'ing helps. When I went to open the fridge door tonight I saw that calendar and I didn't reach for the glass of wine to relax, I'd already put an X on the day. My calorie limit was over.

So at the end of the month the idea is... you have an x on as many days as possible. Just thought I'd share this, I haven't had the best Feb so far as I got sick and missed some exercising but basically it was a clean eating few weeks! Many forward slashes!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #2  

I think this is a great idea -- visual helps a lot for me -- but It did make me smile -- I just started the same thing with my two kids -- more of a chore chart -- make your bed, use good manners, etc. and each week they can "claim" a total of 56 "x's" if they are perfect -- they need at least 40 to get their allowance and anything above and beyond they can save (100 "x's" gets you a trip to the dollar store!!!).

So, maybe a reward for you too? A manicure/bubble bath for every week you complete all your "x's" -- you deserve it too!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

What a good idea for those of us who like to SEE how well we're doing
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Great idea! It's fun to find new ways to measure ongoing progress!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/157/125

Height: 5'3"

ooh thats a great idea!!! I just might have to steal that one...lol
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

shelby, I LIKE the idea of a REWARD if there are 6-7 x's per week! A movie (Jackie O style sneaking in 100 cal pac popcorns), getting nails done, a massage (these diet books are saying relaxation is key to losing weight), a new book (I'm a geek), etc.

I also like having another calendar for my boy. The x system is simple, but for him, he's three, it'd have to be stickers. Maybe buy some small stickers - then if he helps clean toys he gets one, and each day might be 25 cents or something.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote