3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Alternative Group (02-10-02) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/13357-alternative-group-02-10-02-a.html)

flower 02-10-2002 11:45 AM

Alternative Group (02-10-02)

We are a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us.

flower 02-10-2002 12:01 PM

Five pages is entirely too long for a thread!!!! That is why I haven't posted. I hate waiting for it to download and look through it to see what was the last thing I read ect. I FINALLY saw Harry Potter last night. It was good although I liked Monsters INC better as entertainment goes. I loved the books mind you, the imagination factor was lacking in the movie. My mom watched the boys for a few hours so Chris and I could escape. We both needed it. The commute is yuck to work, but I am getting used to it. I am asking Chris for a foot spa for Valentines day. I am not used to the standing up all day. My schedule sucks this week. I have 2 half days and a 2/3 day and 3 full days. Lots of training meetings and it is my turn to work a Saturday and I have to close one night a week. So, I get all this stuff in one day. But actually I shouldn't be as tired because the days are shorter. There will be another store closer to my home in 2 years. I got these cute pants. There are a soft twill. Black with a white floral pattern. But from far away they look like the pattern is gray. That will be seen as a no no. BUT my soon to be step mom got me a white blouse with a black beaded floral pattern over the front that matched perfectly! So now I don't want to take them back. I suppose there is no reason I can't wear them outside of work. But on my days off I know I will be heading towards blues and pastels instead of this tux color sceme we have going on!

My soon to be step mom sent me this box in the mail. 5 work shirts. One was actually navy and white but I love it so I am not gonna say anything. All brand new. She sent me a few hand me downs as well as a Nine West black purse and pair of black shoes, 6 pairs of brand new hose and bridal magazines. She wanted to show me the dress she ordered for her upcoming wedding to my dad. She is a nice lady. I do hope this works out between them. I miss my dad here close to me but his happiness is more important.

I am off to do my annual Sunday laundry. I need to stop at the market for bread and milk and juice. We are eatting at Chris's parents for dinner tonight. Yeah, no cooking for me!

As for diet, I am doing wonderfully at work. I am working on the meals once I get home. Which is hard cause I am normally wiped out. But I am working on it. ~flower

ruthie 02-10-2002 12:40 PM

For what it's worth, I dislike new threads b/c now I can't remember what anyone said, and I can't scroll down to find out! ;) (BTW, Flower, why don't you just click on the "first new post" arrow?)

I walked 5.92 miles today! Ouch; I have blisters now. I had to really push myself the last couple of miles, but mind won out over matter.

I finally had it out with the noisemeisters downstairs last night; now it seems that they were rearranging their furniture all day yesterday (which they seem to do on a weekly basis) b/c they're having people over today. Figures. Plus, they're cooking something that smells like dog food. These people really need a house so they can noise up and smell up the place freely.

Catch you all later.

Lamorgan 02-11-2002 11:30 AM

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. My typing is all backwards today, my fingers are cold.

Evan (5 year old) is down with an intestinal bug, so he is really low energy and kind of pitiful. Usually a robust little guy, it's strange seeing him laid low.

I'm well, still on pins and needles about this job. Argh. Oh well. It gets me way out of my comfort zone, that's for sure.

Congrats Ruthie, on your life-moving-forward!

Flower I envy you your nearly-step-mom! My mom was like that when she was alive. I remember her buying me my maternity clothes when I was pregnant with my first baby.

IF I get this library job, I will have to get some non-jeans, more conservative-style pants to wear.

Diet is iffy this morning, I was starving after my papers. Needed food very quickly.

Pop back later ~

Lois

Punkinseed 02-11-2002 12:03 PM

Hello everyone! :wave:

Well, what a SHORT weekend that was! I'm so happy this week is one of my short ones - 3 day weekend comin' right up!

Well, no 200 game this weekend... Saturday I was awsome - not one game under my average (a measly 118). My lowest was a 130 - my highest a 152. Sunday was awful - the lanes we were on weren't giving us anything! I finally pulled a 123 and a 120 after a 104. Nothing was giving ANYONE a strike. Even one of the bowlers with a 196 average was 60+ pins below her average! Bad, bad lanes...:mad: However, it was great exercise. I filled in for a team with a sick member Saturday, which added up to 12 games in 2 days.

Wildfire - An "oooohhh" and "aaaaaaah" for that diamond! Heck, I had to buy my own diamonds when I was married - even my engagement ring (no, I'm not kidding, he bought a '49 Panhead Harley Davidson for $5,000 instead).

Ruthie - You quit??? Hooooo Yeaaaaa!!!! Congrats and hold on tight for the ride!!! :cool:

Flower - I'm off on Friday and planning to see Harry Potter. I wanted to see it on a weekday, early, because I hear it's looooong. But worth seeing huh?
I'm so happy you're getting a step-mother that you like! When is their wedding?
My step-mother tolerates me (as I do her). She kinda just came in and took over and since I was essentially the "woman of the house" from 6-15 years of age, her "I'll take over now, get outta the kitchen" attitude just pissed me off (not to mention not speaking English with her son in front of my Dad and I). I'm happy that my Dad's happy - but she and I don't really have much to say to each other. I'll never forget my Dad telling me he was getting remarried - the way he put it? "I'll save on taxes if I'm married so we're going to Tahoe next weekend" LOL! How romantic! :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm outta here for now. I'm up .5 this week but not stressed about it. My body, being that this is week 3 of eating healthy, has officially gone into shock and if I'm not "fixed" soon I'm going to make the stock price of Ex-Lax go up... sore muscles too from not bowling for 6 months.

Back to work!

Terri

Wildfire 02-11-2002 10:14 PM

Hola chicas :D

Punkin, it's something in the air....I bowled horribly tonight! Managed to pull off a 130, 116 :eek: , 127....and I blame the lanes, too!! Everyone was bowling poorly tonight. I am completely jealous of your 3-day weekend. Glad you're no longer married to that guy, if he chose a bike over your engagement ring....now that's priorities!:rolleyes:

Lamorgan, hope Evan's bug is short-lived, and that you don't catch it.

Ruthie *ugh* neighbors! The apartment on one side of us is vacant.....and I'm frightened what might move in there! How are those blisters?

Flower, your almost step-mom sounds great! When is their wedding?

Where are Eydie, Amyjo, and Venus? Have those darn Keebler Elves been plotting with the evil Honey Bears again and taken you three hostage?

My diet is off yesterday and today because my IBS is rearing its ugly head. I've been reduced to white rice, bananas, applesauce, and clear liquids. I'm down two pounds, but I know it's water-weight. When you're in horrible pain you just don't want to eat/drink anything. So, I won't be posting on the food journal until this settles down some.

I'm off to bed. Have a great Tuesday!

flower 02-11-2002 10:15 PM

Hello. Ruthie-thanks for the tip about the arrows. I had never used them before! duh!!! I never even wondered about them.

Punkin-yes, the weekend was way too short. Lamorgan-I do hope you get this job. You so deserve it!!!!

Work was okay today. Kinda drawn out. We had to find stuff to do as they were paving the pack lot and no truck delivery. We get 2 trucks tomorrow and 1 on Wednesday to make up for it.

I am going to go put my feet up. I haven't relaxed yet. I came home and immidately started dinner. I was hungry. I only packed a salad for lunch. Big, but still just a salad. Around 4 my tummy was grumbling.

Til next time, flower

ruthie 02-12-2002 05:32 AM

Just a quickie, before I type (OMG they gave me so much work last Friday, and the woman there called me yesterday to tell me she had a truckload more; good cause it's $$, bad cause I have papers due...).

Wildfire, hope your IBS resolves itself soon. And about apts....I think I might actually be coming soon to the end of my tolerance; not that I will be in a position to buy a house any time soon, but I never thought I'd even consider it. I've always enjoyed the feeling of having people all around me, but the inconsiderate ones make apt. life suck. My blisters feel fine, actually -- but yesterday was a rest day; I walk again tonight. I asked a podiatrist at work what to do for them, and he said put Vaseline on them, which surprised me.

Flower, sounds like you're settling in at the job. Oh, about the page downloading too slowly -- you can also go to "Edit Profile" and set how many posts each page shows; I think the minimum is 5. You might want to also do that if you have a slow ISP.

Punkinseed -- drink water! Lots of it! Sorry about your bowling scores..the highest I ever scored was like 75 :lol:. The interesting thing is that since I'm ambidextrous, I can bowl with both hands just as well!

Lamorgan, when are you supposed to hear about the job? Hope your little one is better soon.

OK, girls, time to go do the only thing I do anymore....work, work, work. Saturday morning I go for training for my *fourth* job, can you believe it? I just keep telling myself all this effort now will pay off when I'm free later to do the things I think are important.

Oh, and I could use a cheer to get me back out there to do another 3 miles tonight...

Punkinseed 02-12-2002 10:54 AM

Mornin' all... I thought I'd post a quickie to save us from slipping off the bottom of the threads list!

I slept like the dead last night... until my 4 month old kitten jumped on my face - nice way to wake up at 3:15am... then the neighbor's dogs started up and we have coyotes so it was a pre-dawn symphony. I have a headache and considerably grouchy now. I'm seriously considering calling animal control on the idiot with the dogs - they bark constantly and even with them being 15 acres away from me I can STILL hear them. He even had one of his dogs shot a few months back - no one knows by whom, but his dogs get out, run people's horses, bark all night, snarl and growl when you walk past his house and have tried to attack my Mom's dog when we're out for a walk. Sorry the dog was shot, but honestly, I'm starting to understand WHY someone shot him!

Wildfire - I hope your IBS clears up. I have what my Dr. jokingly calls "nervous stomach" - which I don't think it so funny. It's no fun - hang in there!

Ruthie - yep, water, water and more water... I'm floating awaaaaaaay.....
That's cool that you can bowl with both hands. I'm left handed, but bowl right handed (that's what happens when your righty parents teach you how to bowl). I've thrown 1 left handed ball and it felt really odd. I went to a "bowl better" clinic and the instructor, who we jokingly called "God", told me I should really practice throwing with my left... Maybe one of these days I'll give it another shot!

Well, back to work...

Terri

Punkinseed 02-12-2002 02:55 PM

WooooHoooooo!!!!!!

The bowling results are in!!!!!!

:cool: $$ oh yea $$ :cool:

In my division:

Our team placed 3rd

the team I filled in for placed 2nd

My partner in doubles and I placed 3rd

and I placed 6th in All Events (overall scoring)

Three of these pay!!!! WoooHoooo!!!!

Terri :lol:

deleted2 02-12-2002 07:24 PM

Hi Sweeties! Wow, I don't check in for a couple of days and things are really jumping. Ah, we have such rich full lives!

Had big changes at my workplace--a new director coming in and I think it's a good thing all around. A new day has dawned and hopefully we'll see a reduction in the stress level. Time will tell....!

I'm so enjoying my daily walks outside at the park. [I'd used a treadmill for so long and I live in the beautiful green country--what am I thinking?! Still love the treadmill for those rainy days though.] I've been listening to books-on-tape while I walk but will try a meditative walk tomorrow. I feel like I'm going thru some changes spiritually and need to sort it out. [I'm a long-time Wiccan who's feeling drawn to Buddhism.....can these 2 diverse 'religions' find some common ground or will they have to thrash it out?! Hmmmm...always something!]

Lamorgan, when will you find out about the job that you really really want? My fingers are crossed for you!

Ruthie, you are the queen!!! You've made a huge decision; you're so brave. Sometimes you've got to just step out.

Wildfire--sorry to hear about your IBS. It's been a while though, hasn't it, since you've had anything really dramatic, right?

Flower--I'm so envious of your new wardrobe. Black and white are my colors---one of these days I should branch out!

Punkinseed, I'm enjoying your posts and getting to know you better. Love the kitten on the face story! We have a revered ancient cat here that licks our faces in the middle of the night. Scratchy! Oh well, I need the exfoliation!

:) :devil: :D :lol: :s: :) ;) :smug:

Wildfire 02-12-2002 07:58 PM

Hi girls. Thanks for the good thoughts concerning my IBS. Unfortunately, it never goes away. I have stretches where it isn't so bothersome, and times of full-blown attacks, and times that are in-between, but it is there every single day. I don't speak of it often, I usually just deal with it and push myself to keep going, but the last few days have been really painful. Today was slightly better, so I'm hoping this bout is coming to an end.

Ruthie, I have been at the end of my tolerance for neighbors for years now. I want a house so badly....and we are working on it, have the financial plan, etc...but it's going to be a few years before we actually get one. I imagine the Vaseline would provide a barrier against friction on the blisters and prevent them from breaking too soon?

Punkin, congrats on the multiple wins! Good job!! You know, that "nervous stomach" has several names....IBS being one of them, and also spastic colon, oh and a personal favorite...."gastric neurosis" :rolleyes: At least that one has some semblance of true definition! Leave it to me to end up short-circuited. ;)

Eydie, nice to hear you're enjoying your walks so much. Wicca and Buddhism...an interesting journey.

Venus, if you're lurking, please come back!

I'm calling it a very early night...been a day and a half today!

ruthie 02-13-2002 05:34 AM

Hey chicks. I crashed, crashed, crashed last night; I plopped on the sofa and was asleep by 8:00. I guess it was bound to happen -- I have just been pushing myself so hard. I didn't walk, I didn't work, I didn't study, and I ate nachos for dinner. On my training schedule, Friday would have been my next rest day, so I guess I'd better walk that day.

I realized yesterday I have five jobs...f/t job, p/t transcription job, research project #1, reseearch project #2, and transcription for doctor with private practice. :dizzy: And I'm going to school, and I'm training to walk in a marathon. Ay yay yay.

Eydie, good luck with your new director. Hope it works out. I have been toying with the idea of getting a walkman for walking, but I'm torn between wanting to listen to music and enjoying the sounds of my walk (birds, wind, dogs barking, children laughing). I know I'd enjoy the music and it would motivate me, but I also worry my walk would be disjointed with one sense occupied. Maybe I'll alternate.

Wildfire, I hope I didn't scare Venus off with my enthusiasm over Team in Training. She sent a photo of her in the last marathon to my personal e-mail addy, and I sent her back one, and that's the last I heard from her.

Way to go, Punkinseed! Congrats on the bowling scores.

Time to go do more work.

Lamorgan 02-13-2002 09:24 AM

So strange Eydie that you speak of mixing Wicca with Buddhism, as I have a kind of Pagan - Zen thing happening. Go figure. I did a spirituality workshop last autumn and it ends up I'm an Ecstatic Hermit. :)

The job (I so desire) still has to be offered within the Haldimand Library System, 6 libraries. Then it goes public. This is a wicked test for my patience and self esteem. Just trying to push down my anxiety and go on with my life... sigh.

Congrats, Pumkinseed, on your bowling results!

I'm big time into Black to wear, but not white. Can't seem to keep white white. When I was in college I'd bring home my botched laundry attempts and my mother would fix them for me....

I'm branching into earth tones.

I've been so hungry lately, and must drink water. Tired too, energy is way down but I think we're all fighting off the same virus that Evan has had.

Lois

flower 02-13-2002 10:02 AM

Hi. I spent an evening eatting lime flavored tortilla chips, watching What Women Want and Practical Magic on DVD and sipping a hard lemonade. I had a buzz after a regular bottle. I obviously don't drink a lot. Chris went to the gym and then to play pool and I was disappointed not to be spending time with him. Althought I do think the time alone was good for me in retrospect. I had a 1/2 day yesterday and I have a 1/2 shift today. I don't go in till 5pm. I need to go to the store and pick up a valentine gift for the boys. The worst thing about my new job is that because I stand for 8 hours, there is no way I am walking as my excersice. ~flower