Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 10:14 AM   #61  
Must Shrink.

:sheep:

Oh these are so cute! Punkin, good luck with your kitty-cat. She'll be fine, but I understand your concern. She'll be so much happier as a spayed cat, you're a good cat-mom.

Lois
Old 02-26-2002, 10:54 AM   #62  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Default Kitty mania

Lamorgan is right, Punkin. You are being a good kitty Mom.

Our kitty plays fetch too!! Until she gets bored, then she runs to the item, bites it, turns around and looks at me as if to say, "Okay, now its YOUR turn."
Old 02-26-2002, 11:03 AM   #63  
Is it Friday yet?

Yea, these are cute!

I actually considered breeding Stella because she's a polydactyl, but the more mature she gets (read: more sexually mature) I just can't handle the pushy-ness. She's just like her sister was - pet me NOW, scratch me NOW, pay attention to me NOW!!!!! No howling of heats, just very pushy for attention - usually in the middle of the night. I decided there really was no point in breeding her if it was going to make her that miserable. I also have to have 1 of her 14 front claws removed because it's pretty deformed. It has 3 other claw nubbins (looks like a lobster claw) underneath the claw itself. Can you imagin if those had actually grown??? A 17 toed cat? I have a hard enough time trimming her 14.

On another note, I didn't mention before. Today's the 3rd anniversary of my Grandmother's passing. My house is built on her land and this year her passing is really on my mind because of just how much things have changed since she died. All I have now and the decisions I've made in my life since she passed, I have to thank her for...

Till later!

Terri (did I mention I love cows???)
Old 02-26-2002, 11:22 AM   #64  

Punkin You are a GREAT cat Mom !!! I have always had my cats neutered/ spayed due to they were outdoor cats and they liked to .....well enjoy the company of the neighborhood cats..I always felt bad but there is a huge cat population vs human around my area.. Bad thing is I am a softy for a fuzzy face I would adopt them all if I could but I cant..
LaMorgan : sorry about that little added surprise to your tea.. Guess it was thirsty and just had a bit too much.. Yuck!! Good luck on that job
Wildfire : Hope the calcium and probotics works .. You will get it in control just have to be patience ( Ya like that helps much I stink at support when I feel like crud.) That new Y sounds great.. Ya know I didnt even realize my area had a Y now I do.. Hmmmm I might have to check that place out..
Dentrassi Welcome
Well all I havent been doing much of anything lately Just been too yucky feeling..Guess I need to increase my water and juice intake and purge myself of the flu.. Food hasnt been one of my interests lately but I try to eat something just to keep the hubby from telling me to
My DD is outta school this week for vacation.. She was out all last week due to this flu she shared with everyone.. She has been pestering me for a friend to sleep over..Like I feel like dealing with another kid right now...NOT!!!!
Well I guess I have said everything (which hasnt been much of anything but just so you know I didnt disappear
Take care and I will post soon
Sheila

Sorry if I didnt get everyone but I will try to next time around
Old 02-27-2002, 05:14 AM   #65  

Lois, best of luck with the job interview!

Sheila, hope you're feeling better soon.

Wildfire, how are you??? Have you started at the Y yet?

Punkin, let us know how your kitty is.

Dentrassi, welcome.

Hey guys ... I GOT INTO GRADUATE SCHOOL!!!! I'm still waiting to hear from the 2 other schools I applied to -- should hear in ~3 weeks -- but at least now I know I'm going somewhere .

OK, gotta go walk 4 miles before work. Everyone have a great, OP rest of the week.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:43 AM   #66  
Must Shrink.

Good morning! Today is skating day, for Evan and I. I walked for 2 hours this morning, had to deliver papers for my 14 year old who has the flu.
Managed not to eat the kitchen when I was finished, although I almost did! I had to make lunch for the 9 year old, and he wanted pizza bagels to zap at school, and then I made myself one too. Luckily a child wanted half, or I would have inhaled far too many points for breakfast.

I'll scarf down a grapefruit soon, seem to really need that vitamin C.

Watched a cool show last night on the History channel. 'Surviving the Iron Age', about 17 people, including 3 children who are left at a Celtic hill fort to survive for 6 or 7 weeks. Last night took us to day 5, and already they are dropping like flies from food poisoning.

A different twist on the 'survivor' theme. My daughter and I really enjoyed it, we both decided that we would be wonderful at that sort of thing. One of the volunteers is a Druid.

So Ruthie, how do you find you are feeling from all the walking? Is it affecting you in a meditative way? I trace out when I walk. It's very much a mental exercise as well as physical.
You must be noticing physical changes as well.

Congrats on Grad school!

Have a great day; Sheila, Dentrassi, Wildfire, Punkin, Flower, Amy and anyone else who I missed!

Lois
Old 02-27-2002, 11:50 AM   #67  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning!

Well, I just dropped off Stella Poor little girl was howling... They said they may keep her over night because of the declawing - I'm going to call this afternoon because I can't believe they're going to keep her for having 1 of her 14 claws removed... I think she'll be fine - I don't want her to stay...

Sheila - I know what you mean about adopting all the fuzzy faces. That's exactly what Stella is - an unplanned adoption. I wanted a poly kitten from my best friend's cat, then the entire next litter, except one (which my Mom has), was born "normal toed". Of course I loved my Luna, so she came home with me. When another unplanned litter came and all of them were poly - you know I was going to take one! Now momma cat is still not spayed and I have a fear that if she has another batch I'm going to have a 3 cat household...

Ruthie - Congratulations!!!!!

Lamorgan - I did the History Channel thing last night too, but I watched History's Mysteries and they looked at the origins of Stonehenge (guess the Druids can't claim it after all). I got a feeling from the advertisements that they're coming up with a "History International" channel... they'd BETTER not mess with my History channel - I like it just the way it is!

I better get to work. I'll check back this afternoon to let you know how my little fuzzy-baby is doing (fine, I'm sure). I'm SO thankful tomarrow's my Friday...

Terri
Old 02-27-2002, 12:47 PM   #68  

Hello All
I am feeling a bit better this morning Not at 100% but better just the same..I have a doc appt tomorrow for physical and follow up on this viral stuff.. Well I will have to reschedule the physical part (papsmear) which I will hear it since I TRY to schedule that around my TOM but lately that shows up when it feels like it not a set pattern, oh well he will get over it..
Punkin Stella will be fine whether she beleive it or not you are looking out for her best interests..Since I have moved I have not adopted a new cat,which is good cause my DD is allergic to cats ( which I think is weird cause she used to have a cat and no allergies) My mom has 4 so I guess I have visitation rights. I do miss one of my moms cats he adopted me when we lived there. According to her he misses me too. He has been camping out in my former bedroom and looks out the window alot.Like he is waiting for me to return , and he will not allow the other cats near the bed where I slept..
Lately I havent been watching much TV I rented a few movies instead. Shrek was rented for my kids but I like it more .. Another good one was Cast Away but I think Meg Ryan would have been better for it rather then Helen Hunt..(My opinion)
Ruthie: CONGRADULATIONS on the school!!!!!! You will do great!!And you are doing great on the walking too.. When I get over this yucky feeling I will have to start walking again.. ( with my inhaler in one hand and my son in the other hand..)
Wildfire Hope to hear your update soon
LaMorgan : Enjoy your skating day!!
Everyone I missed hope your day goes great as well and hope to hear from you soon
Well all I gotta go and try toi get some house work I fell behind on done.. My DD called up and said she has 5 bags of clothes coming home with her ( her friend grows like a weed she out grows them before she wears them twice)Lovely I think I will be living next to the washer for days ...LOL
Take care all
Sheila
Old 02-27-2002, 01:46 PM   #69  
Must Shrink.

Oh we had fun skating, and I've remembered how to twirl. Pretty cool to be nearly 40, not skate for over 20 years and to be able to twirl.

Lois
Old 02-27-2002, 07:21 PM   #70  
deleted2

Hi everybody! I'm still around. I've been posting on the food journal and then everybody left it. [Except Ruthie!] Was it something I ate? Come back and post. It's fun to see everyone's menus and know their private food quirks!

Punkin, How's Stella? I remember those post-surgery naked velvet bellies--the cat, I mean!

Lamorgan, good mojo for your interview tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of the death of our old dog, Remus, so I'm feeling a little wistful about that. Still love that dog! Thank Goddess for photos!

Old 02-28-2002, 06:21 AM   #71  

Lois -- first of all, KICK *** on the interview! Best of luck.

Re the walking, the mental part is tricky for me -- yesterday I finally did a 15-minute mile (walked 4 miles in an hour), and I found the secret was swinging my arms more vigorously and not thinking! I tend to think, let my mind mull over things, while I walk, but for the pace I need to be at I need to focus on my body doing the right things. So it's not really meditative (yet) but I do find it to be a metaphor for my life -- I am alone, moving rigorously toward a goal, and I am cheering myself on because there is no one on the road with me to cheer for me. Since I just discovered the mental secret to walking fast, it may ultimately become trance-like. And yes -- I am definitely noticing physical changes. The scale hasn't budged, but I am definitely less round and my clothes are more comfortable. Even yesterday on the subway I looked up and saw my reflection in the window and noticed immediately that my face is more angular. I also feel marvelously energetic -- just souped! This has been the best thing to happen to my physical endeavors since I gained weight -- and I wish Venus was around so I could thank her!

Wildfire and Flower, where are you guys? Hope all is well...
Old 02-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #72  
Hot Stuff

Ruthie, congratulations on grad school! One less thing to worry about. I'm betting you'll get into all three, then have to decide which one you want! So glad to hear you're seeing some physical changes from all your walking, too! A little inspiration for hitting the pavement so early in the morning.

Lamorgan, good interviewing vibes being sent your way!

Eydie, I remember when Remus died...has it really been a year? Time passes so quickly.

Sheila, that viral crud is hard to shake...hope you manage it soon, though. No cat? How does one live without a cat? I just couldn't do it.

Punkin, how is Stella? My Salem is declawed (front paws), and he was kept overnight, but it was much more involved than just one claw. He was fine when we picked him up, he just sat on his hind legs with his front paws in the air for a couple of days. He was jumping on/off the bed, the bathroom counter, etc.....and making me have fits watching him. I didn't find out exactly what was involved in the declawing surgery until he was already having it done. I called the vet in a panic from work to try to stop it, but it was too late...it was in process already. I cried for days holding him in my lap, looking at his stumpy little toes. I felt SO guilty. I know it is a real topic of debate, to declaw or not declaw. My vet assured me he would be fine in a few days and not even realize he no longer had claws. She was right. He is a clumsy cat, and not having front claws his balance when jumping high is slightly comprimised, but he still "scratches" the corner of the couch and a wicker basket that I have. He is a completely indoor cat (other than sunbathing on our lounge chair on the balcony). I've often asked myself would I do it again, and I honestly don't know. It turned out well with Salem, but to be the one responsible for his discomfort and initial pain, and if it hadn't turned out as well as it did......well, I don't know if I could subject another cat to it. I know, I digress....your Stella was just having an extra one removed. Hope she is home and feeling better today.

Well, the IBS won today. I called in for work. I usually drag myself in even when I feel horrible, but there was no possible way for me to get into a car and hit the highway this morning. Where I work they don't believe in you coming in part way through a day if you feel better. If you're sick enough to stay home, you stay home all day. Okay, fine with me.

Ruthie, I am going to sign up at the Y this Saturday. I called for information, and it is $31.00 a month for March and April (in the old building). They are completely closed for the month of May while the move takes place. Monthly membership for the new building, opening June 1, is $49.75. Quite a hike, but the new building has two pools, fitness center, indoor walking track, nutritionist services, all fitness classes (aerobics, step, toning, etc) are included in your membership. I did the math, and if I go three times a week, it's about $4.00 a visit. Still reasonable, and the new building has much more to offer.

Well, I think I need some tea. Let's hope my gut agrees.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:55 AM   #73  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all

Stella is home, safe n' sound.... They didn't make her stay overnight - they closed her declaw wound with surgical glue and she was able to come home. She's jumping around like a normal lunatic - I actually had to tell her to chill out a bit, she was making *me* nervous. She's licking her belly - not the stiches, but the fuzz, which I'm sure itches like all get out. Her sister Luna has been (forcefully) bathing her since she came home - she literally holds her down to clean her.

Tomarrow I'm off!!! I'm going to get my studded tires taken off and replaced with my regular ones. I have faith that we're not going to get much snow now... (finger's crossed)

Twirling Lamorgan - It's Thursday... it's your interview.... now GO KICK SOME INTERVIEWING BUTT, GIRL!!!!!!! Let us know how it goes 'k??

Eydie - I understand about your Remus. I lost my Shiba 14 years ago this September and I still think of her... Great dogs don't die - they come back as our future puppies.

Wildfire - I'm sorry you're not up to snuff again (still?) I hope you're feeling better real soon!

I debated on declawing both my cats. My Mom has always declawed her cats. Mine on the other hand, I've never had a real reason to declaw... I was able to take the extraordinary amount of time to teach them where they can scratch and they even understand "easy paws" - for when *I* become the object of the talons' assault. They've learned to retract pretty much on command. Neither Luna nor Stella have touched any of my furniture. They have 3 big scratching posts that are mauled to shreds though! I also keep their nails trimmed, that helps a lot. Occasionally one of them will dig in the claws to stretch - using a chair or couch - and all I have to say is "EXCUSE me?????" and they stop and go to the post... I felt bad having to have the one nail taken out (she's favoring it a bit) but the nail was on her "extra set" and it curled so severely I couldn't trim it and it was growing right into her pad - so it was for the best.

Well, better get some work done so I can veg this afternoon!

Terri
Old 02-28-2002, 01:05 PM   #74  
Must Shrink.

Look at my new signature!! Isn't life grand? Such overwhelming relief, I just feel like sleeping for a day.

Sigh.

We had our first cat declawed, and although it was a hard decision, I don't think John or myself ever felt too badly about doing it. She was an indoor cat, we had just gotten married and everything in our apartment was new.

All the kittycats we have now are not declawed, but all (except for wild mama) are spayed or neutered. They all go outside (again, except for wild mama), it was nearly impossible to keep them in with little kids constantly letting the cats out!

I think they are quite wild actually because of their early weeks as wild kittens. We used to have a Little Tikes mountain at our old house that has tunnels underneath and I'll never forget the 6 little kittens playing tag through the tunnels.

Ah well, need to do my assignment.

Happy, happy Twirling Lamorgan.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:25 PM   #75  
Hot Stuff

WHOOO HOOOO! *twirling with Lamorgan* Congrats on the job!!!

Punkin, glad to hear Stella is doing fine. Luna is trying to wash that vet smell off her!
Closed Thread