Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/217/140

Height: 5'5"

Red face Anyone looking to start slow?

I've been away for a long time and I've gained some weight. I'm 31 and I'm up to 242. I've finally got some motivation to change again. This time I really want to be successful. I'm going to start slowly and make little changes so I don't shock myself. KWIM? I'm switching to drinking water instead of cola and walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day. I'd like to work up to walking an hour a day. I want to make the 30 minutes a day routine first though.

I have a history of flip-flopping and yo-yo dieting. I've struggled with bulimia, but think that it's under control now. I do have PCOS, but am not currently medicated. I'm not really happy with my body, but that's why I'm trying to change. I don't want to be super skinny and weigh 100 pounds. I'd be extremely happy at a healthy weight for me. 130-140. I just want to feel better and have more energy for my 4 boys.
Michelle-Lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there & Back!!!

Small changes are the way to go for a ton of people. I myself began exercise by taking 2 slow 10 minute walks a day. Exercising each day is now a habit, but I couldn't have personally even started if I thought I had to begin with 60 minutes +. Whatever helps you to achieve & continue achieving your goals is the proper thing to do.

Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  
No description available.

I think your plan is brilliant! I agree that small changes make such a difference. I can't wait to hear all about your progress.

Four boys! Wow! I'll bet your house is full of energy!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #4  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

yeah i tryed to change everything at once this past week... i about killed myself, but thankfully the people here on 3FC's care enough to let me know that you DO have to start slow... so im right here with ya.. im starting slow... i will no longer try to kill myself on the treadmill!!!! So if you need support, you got it here!!!! Good Luck
CapriPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #5  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Michelle,

we have a lot of things in common. I'm at my highest weight ever, and going full force always backfires on me. I'm getting through my COE, and taking it slow. 40 minutes weight training yesterday, 40 min walking today. it may be slow, but we'll get there!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #6  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

I would love to loose fast, but it didn't come on fast. So I would rather make this something I can for the rest of my life, so I think what you are doing is perfect. Good luck!
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #7  
Token Vulcan

I think you're on the right track, Michelle! I did that, too. I started with small dietary changes, small increases in exercise. Give yourself a chance to adapt to something different as well as build up stamina.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #8  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Same here, starting slow. It's tough to change long-standing habits, and most people can't change a bunch of them all in one day or week, including me. The important thing is that you're making those positive changes; keep up the good work!

It's an old saying but it's true: Slow and steady wins the race.
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I'm also loosing slowly, I made a rule that I cannot loose more than 5# a month. Last month I hit 5# in the first 2 weeks then HAD to up my calories to 2,000 a day for the rest of the month so that I would maintain. This new attitude has really changed the way I lool at weight loss.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote