Wedding Dress Goal

• My mini goal is to lose 15 lbs in the next nine weeks, so my wedding dress will fit better. My total goal is to lose 183 pounds.

Char
  • I hope you make it to your goal! Good luck!
  • Well I hope you reach both your mini-goal and overall goal! That mini goal sounds very do-able, just make to stay on track and keep your eye on the prize! (looking fabulous in that dress!)

Just curious, what is "Char" short for???

Good luck!
  • 15 lb in 9 weeks sounds very doable. I would just advise to maintain the week before your wedding and eat a fair amount of calories so that you don't gain a ton on your honeymoon. I know someone who basically starved herself to look good on her wedding day, she lost 70lbs over the course of 6 months..she looked great, then she got to her reception/honeymoon and had the attitude of whew I can eat again, she gained 15 lbs on her honeymoon and now is heavier than she's ever been. She now shows everyone her wedding picture and is like "This is what I used to look like, look how much weight I've gained" (this was like 2 years ago) in reality though, she only weighed that much for about 10 min.

good luck with your goal
  • 15 lbs in 9 weeks may be doable, depending on your current weight, but honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it! Keep on plan and you'll lose at whatever rate your body is comfortable going, and you'll feel GREAT on your wedding day.

And Catherine may have a point, but if you are anything like me, you're not going to have time to eat the week before your wedding, even if you want to maintain. I dropped 3 lbs without trying with all the running around/events/drama associated with a wedding.

Congrats on the impending event!
  • I have a simialr goal. I just want to fit into a dress I have that is a size too small for a banquet I have!!! I'll be cheering for ya!
  • I'm with ya!
    I can totally relate! I have my first dress fitting on Friday, March 28. I bought the dress in August and was about 209, so I'm down 10 lbs since then...but I still want to drop another 15lbs or so before the wedding. Ideally I'd love to drop 20-25 but then my dress would be hanging on me so I'll have to maintain once I get a perfect fit in the dress. When I originally ordered the dress I ordered one size down and the girl at the shop was very hesitant but I know that I'll be fine.

I'm excited to see how the dress will look. I originally tried on an 18, but ordered a 16. I'm going to try it on this weekend, but I don't go to the seamstress until March 28, so even if it's snug I have time to get down before our wedding on June 1.

I hope that you succeed in your goal and I'm sure you will. If you're anything like me I'm so determined to look good in that dress that I've made major changes in my life to ensure that not only will I like the way I look on my wedding day, but I'll also live a long healthy life with the love of my life because I'll be living a healthier lifestyle in the long-run.

Cheers and please keep us updated. You can always find me in the Slim-Fast thread under general diet plans if you'd like to compare notes!

cheers,
    Tamara