Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'5'

Red face New! Excited! and Overwhelmed!

Hi everyone my name is Brandy and today is the day!
I am starting today!
I have 50 pounds to loose, I will do it!!!!! but of course getting on the scale today was a huge slap back to reality!
Please give me key tips that have worked for you, I feel like I don't know what I am doing!
What is a easy way to count calories?

Thanks for your support
~~~Brandy
BrandyPate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

to 3fc!! It's great that you took the first step in becoming a healthier person.

The easiest way to count calories, IMO at least, is on a website like
www.fitday.com or www.thedailyplate.com. If using the internet is not your thing, then you should get a really good book full of the calorie counts, and count it all in a notebook.

Anyway, you should also swing by the Calorie Counters board : there are tons of great tips and advice there. We also have chats and challenges to keep us motivated. It's really nice to be surrounded by people who are all doing the same thing. Good luck!
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there &

Just wanted to wish you the best of success!! Make sure to keep posting and let us know how things are going ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Good luck try not to get overwhelmed and do EVERYTHING. Concentrate on how you currently eat and try to make small changes that you can stick to for the rest of your life. The best advice I can give someone starting out is to think long term and to make sure your goal isn't "lose weight!" but "lose weight and keep it off FOREVER." That change in mindset really helped me
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome.

These folks have given fabulous advice. All I'm going to add is a link to a thread that I think might help you put things in perspective. The posters are recalling how many calories they used to eat. You'll soon see how easy it will be to cut some calories.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134231
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Welcome

My number one advice is you need to be your own best friend in the journey. You need to forgive yourself if you have a bad day and don't let it derail you. You need to make decisions that are best for you as to what to eat and when also regarding exercise. Everyone will give you their opinion and at times will try to sabatoge (not necessarily intentionally) what you are doing. Stay true to your plan.

Best of luck

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I agree that substitution is a great way to start. Instead of whole eggs, try egg whites. Instead of full fat mayo, try low fat, low cal. mayo. Instead of soda, try diet soda but only one a day. Instead of a regular meal at mcdonalds...just get a kids size meal. My advice is take a day to write down all the foods you normally eat. Then read the back of the packages and write down how many calories are in a serving. Then even measure your portion to see if you are eating one or more servings. Measuring in the beginning is something you may have to do to be sure you are not over eating on portions. I used to measure everything. My cereal, my coffee creamer (which i switched to sugar free because i'm already using splenda to sweeten my coffee...why does my creamer need more sugar). Small changes and measureing portions make a big difference.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote