Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Any fat chicks featured in the media - weight loss stories in magazines!

Any fat chicks featured in the media? I was going through some old posts on this site and found someone who'd been featured on the cover of a women's magazine for her weight loss. And I'm just curious, has anyone else been featured in the media from this site. Sometimes I read articles in magazines and think... yes that's a story but not like the AMAZING stories I read on this website.

Also I think this website has been featured in magazines too right?

I'm a former journalist, and I'll admit sometimes I still think in the "hot story" mode. I have an idea for a story about nutrition/weight loss that I've thought of submitting to a national publication, it would be a thrill to get published nationally, I've been in state-wide papers and small town papers with my stories before. But not related to fitness/nutrition/weight loss.

Every magazine always this on the cover doesn't it - LOSE WEIGHT NOW! Is there ever an issue of ANY women's magazine that doesn't have WEIGHT LOSS in neon? Do you buy those magazines? Which ones do you subscribe to? I seem to buy too many, perhaps thinking the real miracle or new weight loss solution will be "the" answer. Of course I want it to be without having to exercise 45 min to an hour a day like I'm doing now.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I was...but i have a feeling I'm the one you found already...

I don't buy any of them.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 PM   #3  

Yes you are the one I found, I read your story and it's amazing and inspiring. How did the journalist who wrote the story know about you? I'm just curious.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

Actually, she contacted 3FC and asked about me by my username. Suzanne then sent me a message with her email address and we took it from there.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #5  

That's what I figured, I'm sure some of the freelance writers know about this site, it's filled with stories and ideas... Actually an entire book could be written off this site. Secrets of Fat Chicks or something like that.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

A book....like...this one?
3 Fat Chicks On A Diet
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #7  

Ah, someone wrote the book, I didn't know that. It is worth a book, I'll buy it!