Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #1  

Default Oh no!

After losing a lot of weight in the summer nearly reaching my goal, i gained it all back because:

1. My job is so boring and i dont get much excersise
2. I broke up with my boyfriend and went to my comfort food..

I spend 5 months workin in turkey as an animator in a big resort hotel, i was active every day, running with the kids, playing football(soccer) and to lose weight i would go swimming in the sea up and down every day for 30 min. I came back home with a lot of confidence and a better looking body, then i had to go to London to work as a receptionist, which is just standing for 8 hours, having to eat horrible food even if i tried to eat healthy everythin would still be soaking in oil, i got lazy sleeping in for long and eatin too much of the wrong food, so here i am 4 months in england and I messed up big time i lost all motivation and determination, and to make matters worse my sister who has always been overweight lose 12kg i know i should be happy for her but we are competitive and this makes me feel like more of a screw up, so how am i gonna get back on track?

Last edited by JayEll; 01-26-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: profanity
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

May you can do this. Where are you now? Can you get back into an exercise routine? Maybe there is a pool near you? What type of food were you eating in turkey maybe you can recreate that experience in england? Good luck and we are here for you whenever you need to chat. I come on a few tiems a day to help keep me motivated.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #3  
excited about this site

S/C/G: 153/135/130

Height: 5'3"

My advice is too just go and do the exercise that you liked and even if you don't feel that into it, after a few times it may start to be fun like it used to be
Jenbunnie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

Hello there, I am in the same boat you are I was doing so good was 30lbs away from goal and for some odd reason I gained back 45lbs, I got very unmotivated and it took me a little over a year to finally say hey its my time I need 2 get back there, you can do this, you have before so you know it can be done, I am back on track now trying 2 get back in to my clothes I was in then that I can get into now, I want 2 do it by June, that is my goal,

Maybe try and set a goal like that I am going 2 hang up a shirt and Jeans that I fit in to then in my bed room so that every time I wake up or go in my room I see it and it will remind me of what I want, Hope that helps
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I feel your pain. Changing circumstances ALWAYS throw me a curve and always disrupted any weight loss attempts in the past. And it seems like the weight comes back on so much quicker than it came off!

I think you have to decide what you really want. I knew I was overweight -- obese even -- for many years and came up with all kinds of reasons why I couldn't lose weight.

In other words, is what's really stopping you... you?

You say you can't eat healthy because everything's soaked in oil, but can you bring any of your own food? What about exercise? Can you at least start walking more?

If you're overwhelmed you don't have to change your life all at once, but perhaps making small changes will motivate you to make bigger ones...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #6  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi May!

I completely understand where you're coming from. Personally, I had to realize that the past was in the past and needed to stay there. What keeps me motivated is visualizing what I'll look like and FEEL like when I'm on my way to and have reached my goal. Visualizing my eating habits also gives me a boost. Any exercise you can do is better than nothing at all. Like Heather said, can you make your meals and take them with you? Keep looking ahead. Keep your eye on the goal. You'll get there!! Start with baby steps and work your way up to running toward that goal.
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #7  

I am living in London right now
there is a gym just a 3 min walk from where i live i pay 42pounds for every month i have visited 6 times in 2.5 months, i just cant keep up the pace and with some things happen really didnt feel like it, im surrounded by fatty food which sometimes is so tempting, i do often go to tescos and get some healthy food but i always mess up, i guess since im in england ive been down for a while, i just dont know how to get the motivation back like i had in turkey thats the main problem, i know i easily lose weight, i guess the motivation is the big problem after the break up i felt like why work out ...if you know what i mean
Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

It's commitment time! No more waiting around for motivation! It's time to DECIDE to make the changes you need to make, to commit to healthy eating and regular exercise. This is something that only you can do but the good news is that you can do it.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

It sounds like you're a little depressed. You may want to see somebody about that.. Of course, exercise might be the perfect thing for you -- like some antidepressants, exercise seems to help increase our levels of serotonin!

It also sounds like you're beating yourself up for gaining, but you certainly don't sound ready to dive into weight loss, either. I don't mean to sound harsh, but of course there's tempting food around and of course things get in the way. That happens to everyone. And everyone slips up now and then too! That's all part of the process. We all need to learn to forgive ourselves and move on.

If you think you're up for just making the commitment, I think baffled is right: Just Do It! But you may need to deal with some of these depression issues so that everything doesn't seem so overwhelming. Your doctor may be able to help.

Last edited by Heather; 01-27-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #10  

Oh, anti depressants?? no no, im a bit down cuz things havent been going my way but i definetly dont need anti depressants, i do beat myself up over gaining weight back because i worked so hard, my question was more how to get motivated, because working out its just so boring
Old 01-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Dont give up. Join a gym, buy healthy foods, use a couple cans of veggies as weights and do arm exercises while watching TV.
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

If it were me...there really is no point in waiting to be motivated. 'Cause that may never happen. Think of exercise like brushing your teeth...I wouldn't call it fun or exciting...but I do it.

Exercise can be fun tho - find something you enjoy. Biking, walking, a step class, dancing...there are so many ways to get moving. They can't possibly all be boring.

BTW - I think Heather's point about anti-depressants is that exercise is an anti-depressant in and of itself.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 01-27-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #13  

i used to be a life guard and swim every day and i played football(soccer) for 2 years but i cant join a club here or go with my friends because no one likes it and im only here for another 2 months. when i do go to the gym i cant spend longer than 1 hour
Old 01-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

You can do a lot in an hour. Have you ever tried circuit training? It combines weight training with cardio. Burn calories and build muscle all in one shot.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 01-27-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Doh
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #15  

I went joggin 2 nights in a row now, im getting my movitation back slowly....