Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 11:50 AM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I just wanted to stop in real quick before I leave out to work. I have a days worth of jobs to do today so will be gone most of the day.

Eating out every night this week is taking it's toll! I will have to be extra good this weekend.

Susie: I'm glad you're finally going to get to that new office. Sounds like you're taking a vacation day today to go shopping. Enjoy!!!

Mary: The articles were really good and that recipe sounds wonderful and easy too. Something even I can prepare!!

Katrina: Enjoy!!! * Have a fun evening.

LuckyLadyBug: Don't discount how 'huge' an accomplishment walking 2 days in a row might be. For someone like me who doesn't do any organized activity, the is a 'huge' accomplishment. The fact that you are 2 days closer to making a brand new good habit is awsome!

Tina: I couldn't help but laugh at the excerpt from the book. I noticed that her diary says '289 pounds'. She couldn't begin to imagine what kind of 'slapping' goes on at 374 pounds!!! * You're very welcome! Enjoy the recipes!

Jen: Gosh, I hope you weren't offended by what I said! I was not trying to be judgemental or imply that WW is the ONLY plan. It is very hard no matter what plan we happen to follow to actually 'follow' it! I find the same thing. It's a whole new learning process to be able to grab the stuff that is more healthy rather than the stuff that is, for lack of a better word, easier. This is my constant struggle.

Malia: The trip sounds wonderful!! You have plenty of time to accomplish your health goals. My mom will be 81 this July. It's fun to do stuff with them when they're still healthy enough to get around. There are so many at 80 that just aren't in very good shape anymore. My mom gets around real well as must yours if you're going tromping around Europe!! Good for you!!

2cute: Where are you? Won't that little granddaughter of yours let you on the computer? I bet she runs to tell grandpa when you're on and that's why you can't hide when she's around!!

Well girls, I think I've caught up. I have to run and get some work done!

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
Old 02-08-2002, 01:43 PM   #17  

First things first..

TT: Omigosh NO I'm not offended by what you said. I went and re-read my post and it did come off sounding like I was offended didn't it. I didn't mean to come across that way. I guess I was kind of thinking "out loud" to myself as much as anyone else. Sometimes it's hard to convey what you want to say the way you want to say it in written words instead of speaking it.

Anyhoo, so far so good on the food for today . However, Tae Bo was very short lived today. I pushed myself pretty hard yesterday and I am o-so-sore. That combined with my toddler who thinks it's hysterical to run under my legs when I'm doing the kicks cut things short. I tried jogging on my little jogging trampoline for a few minutes, but again the sore muscles took me out. I think I only got about 8 minutes combined! Oh well. I'll be good as new tomorrow and will do it. Got a lot of cleaning to do around the house today. Maybe all the scrubbing will count for something.

I will pop in later tonight. Until then, everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jen
Old 02-08-2002, 11:07 PM   #18  

Hi everyone,

T.G.I.F.

Did very well today. I had planned to walk at our park, but a storm rolled in after lunch and it's pouring rain. This may sound crazy, but I ran outside and tied a tarp to catch water for my ferns. They're quite lush, but every bit helps. It's a chilly 68 degrees. Believe me when you get used to heat, a little change makes you grab a sweater. I've decided to get a little more exercise to break my plateau or get my TOM whichever comes first.

Are any of you planning to watch the opening ceremony of the winter olympics? I'll check it out. Should be patriotic. I'm glad it's at a reasonable time. In past olympics, the time difference was so great it put a damper on the games.

Dindin time. I'll be back later tonight.

See ya,
Malia
Old 02-09-2002, 03:33 AM   #19  

Excellent opening ceremonies, especially the rings of fire at the end. Sting and yo yo man was very good too.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:03 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

It's funny Malia, you had a CHILLY 68 degrees, while we had a BALMY 50 degrees today!

I was up and just popped in to say HI! Back to bed for me!

See you later...
Old 02-09-2002, 08:12 AM   #21  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals,

Just wanted to stop in real quick since I didn't post yesterday. I am exhausted. I may not have mentioned it but I work third shift and I just got off about an hour ago and haven't hit the sheets yet and they are calling my name.....and here I sit on this computer. Just had to check in on my friends and see how things are going. All is going well with me. This is my fourth day OP and have stayed within my points and am very excited about it. I hope all of you are doing well and I will hop back in after I catch me a few Zzzzzzzzs.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:44 AM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

Good morning all Just had to drop in and say hello.
Dh is leaving in the morning to go on a business trip to Canada he will be back Tuesday. I hate when he travels.

I have a Genealogy meeting today. Hope all my friends have a good day I'll check in later.

July 1/245___Feb. 9/208 ___Goal/ 175
Old 02-09-2002, 01:02 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Hi folks...

Happy Saturday!

What's up for the weekend? We went to the "Edgar Allen Poe" thing last night...it was the best $25.00 nap I ever had!! I'm a third shifter, too, Tina! Guess I didn't get enough winkies before the show...It was really good, John Astin was excellent, I love the poetry, BUT... put me in a warm, dark theater with only about 3 hours of sleep under my belt, and, well...ZZZZZZZ!
I did hear "The Raven" and "Annabel Lee"...my favorites...so it wasn't a total loss!

I had a great low point breakfast...egg white omelet with mushrooms and a wee bit of chddar cheese...whole grain toast w/ butter spray and an orange...4.5 points and very filling!
Feeling back in control...that's a good thing!

I'm off to see a friend whose sister just died. A bunch of us made some food to take over, she's got family coming in from all over the country, so we're bringing over some goodies to feed them with.

Have a great weekend all!

Catch you later...
Old 02-09-2002, 01:53 PM   #24  

Hello!

So far so good for day 4. I managed to grunt and groan through 20 minutes of Tae Bo today. Having slimfast for lunch to save calories for my spaghetti dinner tonight. Hope everyone is having a great day! I'll try to get back in here later,
Jen
Old 02-09-2002, 02:02 PM   #25  

Good morning,

I had a good start too. Exercised to RS disco sweat and ate a simple breakfast of boiled egg, toast, and hot cocoa.

Mary, congratulations on your success. May I ask what is your diet and exercise program? To lose 40lb in 7 months is wonderful. I started in August and lost 10lbs. Poor timing, my dad died in July and it took awhile to get adjusted. My TOM went haywire and chocolate/PMS did a number on my plans.

We're off to the chinese newyear celebration. I'll write you all about it.

Enjoy,
Malia
Old 02-09-2002, 05:14 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO out there...

WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

I miss you guys!
Old 02-09-2002, 09:39 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

I'm here.

Prism I am just watching what I eat trying not to eat fast food. Drinking plenty of water. Don't really have an exercise program.
I told DH the first of July that I was going to lose this weight if it killed me. I was tired of being fat. And I guess turning 50 this Thursday was another incentive.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:02 PM   #28  

Malia I want to know all about the celebration. I collect anything Chinese I can so I would love to hear about your night out.

Wait a minute – vacation…..23 days !!!! Do you have a lap top?????

Mary Your birthday is on Valentines….for sweet!!! What are you doing on your BIG birthday?

The winter storm we were suppose to get missed us…so far. That made me happy!

It does seem to get quiet in here on the weekends, Kat .

Thin The Pistachio recipe I have calls for yogurt also.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:14 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

We were getting long again so I'm starting a new thread (before 2cute can do it!)

DO NOT POST HERE!

Go to 300+ And Ready To Try Again #131

See ya there!
Old 02-10-2002, 12:18 AM   #30  

Good evening,

Mary, turning 50 years is a major incentive. I'm turning 40 years in November and it's one of my incentives too. I've yet gotten my mindset on this though. When it comes, I'll have excellent willpower and know a greater good will come from all of this. I feel sort of wishy washy at the moment.

Lucky, I went to the chinese celebration this morning. Year of the horse. Firecrackers were set off first to ward off the evil spirits and to bring good luck/prosperity. The lion enters each shop. We slip money envelope in its mouth. It was fun. Rain came, but we survived the downpours. Cold rain. Speaking of colds, I got one this afternoon. I hope I can shake it. My vacation will be computer free. I'm going to drench myself in history.

Reviewing my journal. I've discovered two flaws. I need Pam cooking spray and need to drink more water. I'm seriously considering dropping a marble every time I drink 8oz. Instead I marked my water bottle. On another thread, someone talked about a 3 star reward system. I'm going to follow it. One star for water, one for exercise, and one for richard simmons foodmover plan. For every goal met, I'm going to give myself a mini reward (non food). My results this week: one star for exercise.

The pairs skating competition begins...

Goodnight,
Malia
Closed Thread