Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 11:01 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at Home Mom's #33

)STAY AT HOME MOM'S #33
GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor, encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends & our returning friends too!!

Be sure to go back and check out the Stay At Home Mom's #32 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

Ginny

Jackie left a long post at the end of thread # 32. She and her family are going away for the weekend (and they are not taking any of us!!!! - gosh can you imagine the insanity if we all got together somewhere for real instead of our cyber visits?)
Have a great weekend Jackie!

I got a nice walk in this morning. And now have to focus on getting this house cleaned. This afternoon is busy so I will have to get dinner going this morning too ( I love my crock pot!).

So, off to make some sense of the family room . Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 02-07-2002, 11:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, It's me again!

I couldn't resist checking in just one more time before I leave. Who knows, maybe I'll check in on my long weekend @ the local library. Ginny: You & the gang would be happily welcomed @ the condo's. I think that there are a few units left. Want to join us? It would be fun!! Oh!, and don't forget Ginny: take baby steps while cleaning. You'll get more done. (Unless you decide to leave another long....post here!) Thanks for mentioning your crock pot. I wanted to take this along too! This w/b an easy meal for me to prepare. My brother made shredded beef sandwiches during the holidays & they were delicious! All that he had to do was take a bottle of ketchup & part of a bottle of Ginger Ale. You don't even need to brown the beef roast! All you have to do is throw it all in & leave it there for 6-8 hrs in the slow cooker. I sure hope that mine turns out! One more last thing to say & then I'll be packing--
Wouldn't it be nice someday for us all to meet. I know that the 3FC's website tried it a few years ago, but I don't think that they made a final commitment. At least I didn't know about it! Well, you gals could come with me this weekend!! WOW! That w/b great!! Well, I'm going now. See yah all later!
Old 02-08-2002, 11:00 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Jackie- those sandwiches (with the pot roast- what cut of meat do you use?) and ketchup/ginger ale sound interesting. How did they come out? ( I am always looking for something new and love to use the crock pot). Hope that you have a great weekend and some well deserved relaxation!

I did get some (most) of the family room done yesterday. It still needs some work and I have all the end of the year filing to do- throwing out all the records that I can etc... (I hate doing that job). But this am I am off to begin work on Dd's room which is a disaster.
Got my walk in (my fingers are still frozen and don't want to type!) and so far my eating is good. Off to clean. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-08-2002, 06:11 PM   #4  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Thumbs down Hi Girls!!

How is everyone doing this evening? Sounds like Jackie went off and left us hope she has a good time. It sounds like a load of fun! How's the Dd's room coming Ginny? Hope you haven't gotten lost in it or the grundge monster didn't eat you! Did you get all your things taken care of Spryng? Sounds like you have been so busy. What a great feeling to get a fresh start when your bills are all caught up. Congrats to you girl! How's everyones dieting going? Everyone hanging tough?! All the chocolates for Valentines Day make me weak. I recieved a huge box in the mail today from my daddy. He's such a sweet dear man. They broke the mold after they made him... unfortunatly. There was a sweet card attached too. I'm a lucky girl. My husband doesn't recognize Valentines day he's funny that way. He believes it is all propiganda, for stores to make more money. Anyhow, it's along story. I've been doing pretty well. I'm home sick, missing my family. I've been fighting the depression of it all. Who knows!? Must have something to do with the TOM. I'll be okay. I have a huge roast in the oven for tonight. Looks and smells so good. My diet has been very good for today. Yesterday was a bad day though. I fell off the diet wagon. Actually I dove off head first! It was a moment of weakness, gets the best of at times. Well girls have a great night!
Old 02-09-2002, 08:06 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Lilbit~ must have been something in the air yesterday! Sorry to hear that you fell off the diet wagon yesterday. Sounds like a very emotional day for you. If you can, just go easy on yourself with your expectations for today, with TOM coming and all that.
(I just find it goes easier if I go easy on myself around TOM, and considering that I am a real type A personality, that is tough).
You have been doing so well, and will be back in diet mode soon!
Got a wee little bit of Dd's room done, with a huge plastic bag of stuff to throw out. Getting there.........
As far as something in the air, my eating was poor too. Stress....
Gotta go.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-09-2002, 08:28 AM   #6  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Wink Good Morning!

Feels like today will be a much better day, I hope. I'm hanging in there. It just seems like I think I'll take it easy but everyone else has to be hard on me. One of the con's against being a mother I guess. It's such a thankless job sometimes. I believe I'll try to work some extra yoga in today that seems to be the only time everyone leaves me be. It's just the TOM talking you all know how that goes. Thanks for the advice Ginny. Have a great day!
Old 02-09-2002, 03:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!! I'm caught up now on everyone. I miss one day on here and I feel so behind!
Sounds like you are burning those calories Ginny while cleaning your dd room. I need to do some serious cleaning of my room but just have no will power to start. My laundry is getting behind again. if there is anything I hate it's laundry! I can wash and dry all day but I hate to fold and hang!! But I need to get on it before we are running around naked
My dieting has been really good the past three days. I even had a grilled chicken sandwich and fries (mcdonalds) for breakfast/lunch today. That was my treat. But I passed on the diet coke and just had water. I'm feeling pretty good. I really wanted to weigh myself this morning but I'm visiting TOM and I know it won't be accurate. So I'm going to try and wait until this thursday to weigh in and hopefully I see a loss. I'm also going to try and get in 30 minutes of exercise in today and everyday. Even though I've lost alot of weight and I'm a size 8 now it really needs to be toned. I would feel better about me if it was. Boy, our bodies are a never ending process of improvement huh??
But things around here have calmed down dramatically. I clean in the mornings and watch a little tv, play with the kids, practice my guitar and that's about it these days. It feels nice to be caught up on everything.
Well, all this talk about crock pot meals have really got me intrigued! I found a website www.crockpot.com that has many recipes and I'm going there now to see if I can find a few I would like to try. Talk to you girls later!!
Old 02-09-2002, 05:38 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Lilbit~hope that your day is going well. I hear ya when it comes to you wanting a calm/easy day and that not being in anyone else's plans. My former neighbor (age 80+) used to tell me about those days when her kids (all 5 of them) were little when she would feel like an "appliance". We can all relate to that eh?
Spryng~glad that you have had some good dieting days. WTG!
Thanks for the crockpot site. When I have the time, I will have to go check it out. Sounds interesting!!!! Have you picked up any excercise tapes for toning? There are so many good ones out there, and no need for a gym. I get a catalog of excercise tapes, where they are rated by the staff for difficulty of workout and how much "fun" the tape is. I have had good luck ordering tapes from them, their reviews are pretty accurate.

Well, this has not been one of my good days. (2 days in a row, I had better get back to serious dieting tomorrow). I am thinking about actually joining WW to get my motivation back. Gosh, I do not want to gain this weight back. But I am getting a bit depressed and finding it hard to pick myself back up. Yes, I know what is bothering me, just do not want to leave a 60 page post right now.
Gotta scoot. I came online to look for something, and here I am saying hello!!!!
See ya later.
Ginny
Old 02-09-2002, 11:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hey Ginny? Does that catalog have a web site? I have a couple of work out tapes. I just don't want to use them One is really old and you can't keep up with them then I have a Denise Austin Fat Blasting one and I also have a dance tape of Paula Abduls. I'm just tired of them all. I want something that is a great workout but easy to learn and FUN. I hate Richard Simmons. They don't teach you anything. You have to watch it 500 times to exercise with them. I don't like that.
I'm sorry to hear you are so stressed out. I guess it's that kind of day. My day went ok until about 5:00 pm. The kids decided to push all of mommy's buttons! And boy do they do a great job at it. By the time bedtime rolled around I wanted to just crawl into the fridge and eat it all! I watched a movie instead. But then I got bored and came in here. I hate days like today. I feel so out of it. But at least we all get a fresh start tomorrow. I am going to a wedding shower tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to it. I'm suppose to make something to take (potluck) but haven't made up my mind what it is. I think I may make lemon squares. Hmmm....I'll find something.
Well anyway. WW is a great program. You can join online and not even have to attend the classes. I don't do well with organized dieting. I have done the best by following my own rules which change all the time. Just low cal. Nothing more.
I guess I better go to bed. I have a long day tomorrow with church and all. G'nite all!!
Old 02-10-2002, 07:55 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just a quick hello and check in.
Spryng, I'll get the catalog out and leave either their web site or 800 number (you won't be overwhelmed with mailings from them, maybe 2 a year). I'll leave that for you later.
Gotta go feed the hungry! Off to a great start so far- just 2 glasses of water. (but I was so bad yesterday).
See ya later!
Ginny
Old 02-10-2002, 07:36 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick check in to leave the phone # and web site for the excercise video catalog. (I have never been to the web site~ can only testify for the catalog, which is great).
It is Collage Video www.collagevideo.com and their phone # is
1-800-433-6769. They have all kinds of advice for how to choose a video, and shipment was fast. Good luck, Spryng.
Gotta go, Dh was kind enough to let me check in for a minute to leave this for you. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 02-11-2002, 01:19 AM   #12  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Red face Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I am up at this hour! Dh came to bed late and woke me up. So I couldn't go back to sleep. Here I sit, 1:00am with my diet soda. Hmm? I'm doing really well with the diet. Hit my first goal Wahooo! That felt really good. I wasn't going to get on the scale until next week due to TOM approaching but something said aw what the heck. Just do it. Glad I did. I think I can even see a little difference when I look in the mirror now. We will be going out to do errands tomorrow so I'll be excited to see how my dungarees fit. I'm sorda a slug when I'm home all week. I live in flannel pants and a sweat shirt, unless I am working outdoors with the horses then I wear overalls. Funny how we do I guess. Anyhow it will be fun to see how they fit. Dh was to be leaving for a road trip today, it has been postponed due to the weather. He almost insisted I go with him, guess the family is excited to see us. I probably will. I can't resist the bay and steamed crabs. Might be nice to get away. I just hate leaving all my chores for someone else to do, taking care of the livestock and all. We'll see. Well, I'm gonna crawl back in bed and give it another go! Nighty Nite.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:01 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!!!!
Lilbit~Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG on meeting your goal! And those jeans fitting a bit better. You are doing great, and an inspiration to me. Hope that you got a little bit more shut eye and can face the day full of energy.
I am back on track, pretty much. I am so thankful that I got my motivation back. Still a bit bummed (anyone want a snotty 15 yearl old?). Actually, I think I just need a week of no meals or driving all over the state............just some time to restore law and order to the house, read, craft, sew and restore my spirit.
Nuff complaining!
I had better go- want to get my walk in before Dd gets home from school. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-11-2002, 10:53 PM   #14  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Well I guess I got enough sleep. I wasn't feeling to tuckered today. We ran errands all day. I'm glad to be home. Dungarees fit nice too. It's a good feeling. I'm really focusing in on that next goal. I'm visiting my mother for mothers day and would love to be in tip top shape when I see her. She always keeps in such good shape. Well I really don't have alot to carry on about tonight. Hope you are all doing well and staying warm. Hurry back Jackie, you are missed. And Spryng too where ya been girl?!
Night nite Ginny TY for the WTG! It means alot.
Misti
Old 02-11-2002, 11:41 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Misti- glad that you had a good day, albeit full of errands (why do they take so much time!!!!) You do not have that much else to lose (I should say, the amount that you want to) and Mother's Day is a while off. At the rate you are going at, you should be in tip top shape by then! (wanna send some inspiration my way?).
I still struggle a bit staying focused. Got my walk in, but I have to get a grip on my eating. And tomorrow will be stressful- I will be out for the day with some people who are not exactly pleasant to be with. Gotta stay focused. And I hope to get a walk in tomorrow am.

Well, if I am going to walk at 5, I had better get some sleep!!!!
Have a great nite.
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
Closed Thread