Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 11:07 AM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Good Friday Morning!
Just a quick hello to wish each of you a good day!
Wilma-sounds like you are doing great. What a nice reward for being good, getting your hair done! Hope it came out great and you felt a bit pampered too.
Zoe- hope that you get back on track today! Greg comes home on Saturday? Enjoy the quiet. We all need some time to ourselves from time to time.
Sami- how are you doing? I hope that you are feeling better and not so overwhelmed.

Gotta go clean! Blessings to all of you.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 02-09-2002, 08:01 AM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Sorry to see that noone has had a chance to check in today.
I am off to a ladies brunch this morning at my church. After I make breakfast for the gang here, that is!!
Hope your day goes well. Keep your eyes upon Jesus!
Ginny
Old 02-09-2002, 12:51 PM   #18  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! I'm having a relaxing saturday. We're doing some cleaning and laundry and I've even watched my favorite decorating show!!

It's lovely out there and I plan on walking for a bit today. I just need to find my motivation. I'll let you know how I did!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-09-2002, 01:00 PM   #19  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Saturday!!

It's a sort of lazy day today. I slept late, something I almost NEVER do but I suppose I needed it. I picked hubby up from the airport last night at 10:30pm and I was beat! He is playing golf this morning and once I got up and going, I went to the post office, the bank and the dry cleaners. Now I'm doing laundry and watching "Ladies TV". It's a beautiful day here, around 65 degrees and sunny. Good walking weather here too Wilma....if only I had some motivation.

Today Greg and I will be discussing vacation which is supposed to be starting this Friday. It's still so up in the air but at least I know we ARE going.....so sunny warm Florida, here we come.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #20  
Growing in Christ

Hello ladies!

Just checking in.... glad to see the progress in here!! Keep it up ladies, I'll be joining you shortly!!! I'm not going to weigh myself until friday, at the earliest... maybe next friday... the 22nd..that would be 3 weeks post, and I figure all the "baby" stuff that will be going, will be gone by then, and I'll know what's left for me to take care of!

Joshua is doing great...eating good, sleeping okay. I'm anxious to see what he weighs at his 2 week appt on friday. He was 7lb 14 at birth... 7lb 6oz at checkout... but this little guy is an eater!!

Ginny - thanks for that phone number... I don't think I"ll do the "at home" though... it's more expensive then the "on line"!

Zoe - I'll look again, but I thought I was on the right page, looking for the WW threads, but didn't see any.

I'd appreciate your prayers ladies, for a headache that doesn't seem to want to go away. It's been right behind my eyes for about 4 days now... ouch!!

This is Saturday.... hope your praise "concert" is going well Ginny!!!!!

Patricia
Old 02-09-2002, 02:50 PM   #21  
Growing in Christ

Zoe - just wanted to let you know that I am NOT blind.... just didn't scroll far enough down!!

Anywho... found the WW stuff and did some checking, thanks.

Well, everyone is gone at the moment... and I need to do a little LIGHT picking up before a friend from church delivers tonight's supper. What a deal, huh??

Patricia
Old 02-09-2002, 05:45 PM   #22  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Hope that everyone who wanted to walk today (Wilma and Zoe) got their walks in.
Patricia- glad that Joshua is doing well. Nice deal (what a sweet person!) to have your dinner done for you. (You would be suffering with my cooking too, dear, if we lived closer!)

The praise team thing went ok. Roadblocks all the way- but I did the best I could and have nothing to be ashamed of. There was no microphone for me (no one could hear the squeaks!!! ), and 3 songs that I had never rehearsed added this morning with no music for me either. Fortunately, these were familiar and I was able to wing it without sounding foolish.
Another bad dieting day. Basically I am depressed, yes I know why and just can't take the time now to explain. I'll be ok, but my dieting is way off and I do not want to regain the weight I lost.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Have a great evening.
Ginny
Old 02-09-2002, 06:17 PM   #23  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Happy Saturday to Everyone!!!!

How is everyone this wonderful Saturday? It feels so good to have the weekend off!!! I slept in a little, went garage saleing, cleaned out my pickup, and did some planning on food for the next week. Thank goodness my DH's DR agreed with me yesterday and said DH needs to lose weight, cut back fats and cholesterol. I had been telling him but of course, my advise wasn't "heard" but the MD's was. This way I have total support from my DH but probably means me cooking more than him although he normally cooks alot but claims he can't really cook "THAT" way. Does that make sense? Anyway, we're in this together now. And I couldn't be happier.

It is such a beautiful day here today!!! It's warmer, sunny and bright but with a little too much wind but springlike. So that's ok by me.

ZOE ~It's so good to be hearing from you again. I have missed you so much. Good luck with making your plans for Florida. Wish I was going.

losing4good ~ The time in your life right now is one of the best in my life. I absolutely loved the time I got to spend with my babies right after they were born. They are so very sweet!!! I still cherish my time with them but they are growing up and different now. Especially my 14 yr old. LOL So, enjoy all of it. Your headache sounds like maybe sinus headache, but I hope it will get better soon. Hang in there.

Wilma ~Hope you found that motivation and walked. Aren't you glad Saturdays come at least once a week? LOL We all need a little relaxization in our busy world.

Ginny ~Your brunch sounds like a lot of fun. I miss those at our church. We used to do them more frequently than we do now. Hope you had a great time.

Sami ~ Thanks for your concern. The chest pain that I have been having is from the heart problem they found in October. I just have to go a lot slower. Now that I take medicine I was hoping I wouldn't have quite so much trouble but it is better so I'm not complaining really. And the MD thinks when I lose a lot of my weight the problem could resolve itself. Wouldn't that be wonderful?? You must be busy since I haven't heard much from you lately. Come back as soon as you can.

Well, I guess I better go. I rented some movies and we are going to have a family night watching movies and I plan to have a little Smartpop and water so as to stay OP. Have a great night ladies!!!! Talk to you soon.
Old 02-10-2002, 03:37 AM   #24  

I have been MIA for a long time, and it was so wonderful to see familiar names on the thread... Hello again.

I am still struggling with my weight, tried to do low carb and felt great for a while and then it got to feel like depravation... so have been working on WW since Oct, slowly lost 8.2 pounds (to reach a total over the last few years - 50 pounds gone happy happy - joy joy But have gained most of my 8 pounds back again... don't know if you call that recycling or not???? Feeling very depressed.

Things change and life happens, some time it gets overwhelming. Will come back with an up date on my family happenings that you were praying for. Struggles seem to hover around us... we want to cry out...WHY, God?

Just needed to touch base with you, I feel like I am out on the end of limb all by myself... working, family, volunteering, health problems... still keep on praying and interceeding, believing that God hears and answers. Guess I'm just tired and over involved and need to streamline my life so I can get back to doing the painting and art work that God put inside of me.

Ramble on... sorry... will try and get back soon. Take care and God bless each of you.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:52 AM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
A wonderful Lord's Day to each of you!
Good to see you back Teaki. You are at the right place (seems like you know that). Here is a place of encouragment and support, not loneliness and despair. We will inspire each other.
Welcome back!

This was just a quick check in for me......... I will be back later to post more. My eatin has been great (but then I have only been up one hour!!!!!!). Just 2 glasses of water. Off to feed the gang.
Ginny
Old 02-10-2002, 10:03 AM   #26  

Good Morning,

I was wondering if you guys have room for one more?

I have lost 40 lbs. since Oct. I am feeling much better. The doctor has even taken me off of one of my dibectic meds...YIPPIE
But I could still use some encouraging words.

258/218
Old 02-10-2002, 11:34 AM   #27  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well this glorious Lord's Day.

Teaki ~ Welcome back girl!!! So glad to see you here again!! Please, Please, don't go away again. I can tell you first hand that doing badly on my programs and then not logging on here only makes me to worse. I don't know about you but I really do NEED you all. I tried the low carb thing but I miss bread and pasta when I do that. I am doing WW too and find it the easiest program to follow, especially since we can have ANYTHING we want as long as we stay within our points. Oh, I've not been very good lately but am now trying to get back on track. Please, come back and ramble all you want, so glad you're back!!

PeachyMom ~ Welcome, welcome to you!! We always have room for one more, always! You seem to be doing so well with your weight loss....so please, come in and inspire us.

Sherry ~ Glad to see you again. You seem to write and then go....hahaha , like me.

HI Ginny, Patricia, Wilms, Sami ~ have a wonderfully blessed Sunday.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:38 PM   #28  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Peachy! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! We look foward to getting to know you better. Gotta go- hope to be back here later.
Ginny
Old 02-10-2002, 09:20 PM   #29  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Good Sunday

Hello Everyone!!!!

Glad to see so many posting today. It's great to have support and friends. Glad to see you Teaki!!! It's amazing how very much I missed everyone when I was not posting. I just kinda got busy and missed a few times and it got easier and easier to miss. Kinda like when you miss church one time and then twice, etc.... And you don't feel right till you're back in the swing of things. Well, that's how I feel about this place. All of you make me smile and encourage me every day.

Welcome Peachy!! Glad to have you here too. Wow you are doing SO great!!!! You are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the great work!!!!

I have done SOOOOOOOO good today on my eating. I didn't walk though but had to go grocery shopping and that always takes a lot out of me. LOL Wish it could take a little more especially around the hips and stomach region.

Well, all you ladies have a wonderful night and sweet sweet dreams. See you tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #30  

Blessing to all,
I have to make this quick I am waiting on a call but I need your prayers. My FIL was addmited in the hospital a week ago thur. My SIL took him to the hosiptal because his breathing was tight in am matter of days he has gone from someone who could joke and do everything for himself except walk,and needed help getting in and out of bed. Now he jerks and can barley talk (you can't make out what he is trying to say) and I am not sure he even knows where he is or who we are! I can't get over the drastic change! Please pray for him.
Sami
Closed Thread