3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and Ready To Try Again... #129 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/13201-300-ready-try-again-129-a.html)

2cute2Bfat 02-05-2002 02:43 AM

300+ and Ready To Try Again... #129

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

2cute2Bfat 02-05-2002 02:51 AM

INNER PEACE

I am passing this on to you - - - It is definitely working for me.

I think I have found inner peace.
I read an article that said the way to
achieve inner peace is to finish things you had started.

Today I finished two bags of potato chips, a chocolate pie, a bottle of wine and a small box of chocolate candy.

I feel better already.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

prism 02-05-2002 03:55 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've read all of your posts and I finally wrote down my food intake in my journal. I wrote with a pretty pen. It opened my eyes to the amount of fat I'm eating. Will try harder tomorrow.

I went to the movies tonight, the count of monte cristo. It was pretty good. Anything to get away from the work at home. My bedroom is halfway organized. Dreamtime is calling.

Sweet dreams,
Malia

flumper 02-05-2002 04:47 AM

:wave: morning everyone, i was just reading the first message where it says for days of week ie motivational monday ? why a wednesday weigh in is there a reason for this ive been weighing myself on a sunday i dont know why i do this maybe its because ive convinced myself that pigging out on a saturday night wont show on the scales until after sunday, im only cheating myself with this conclusion but does a mid week weigh make it easier

SusieH 02-05-2002 08:03 AM

Hi everyone,

It's been a while and it showed on the scale. I was up 1 pound on Saturday. After a terrible weekend off program, I completed yesterday completely OP. I exercised (bike) for 1 hour, drank over 8 glasses of water, and stayed within my points.

I haven't had time to read all the posts, so forgive me for not responding, but I wanted to just say "HI" to everyone anyway.

I am hoping to stay OP today too.

I still haven't started my new job yet. It was supposed to be yesterday, but didn't happen, as the paperwork still is in process. I sure hope it happens this week, so I can get out of here.

Well, have a great day.

LuckyLadyBug 02-05-2002 08:11 AM

Tuesday Tips:

No willpower?
You think you don't have any willpower?
Well you're wrong.
You have plenty of willpower.
For example, suppose I offered you a million dollars.
All you had to do was work really hard for 2 years.
Would you have the willpower to do it?
I bet you would.
Because you want the million dollars, don't you?

Well that's your willpower.
Willpower is spelt: I-N-C-E-N-T-I-V-E.
So go find yourself an incentive to lose weight.
Then you'll have all the willpower you need.

I found this interesting....most of us would do what it takes to get a million dollars but we don't when it's for our health & happiness. I feel sad that I let myself down all the time. I haven't even found (in the past) an incentive that will get me to take care of myself. hmmmm maybe I don't like this tip after all.

flumper 02-05-2002 10:50 AM

hello again have just been to one of the other groups boards and a clever little person in there found this great sitewww.myvirtualmodel.com it is brill you make a model of your body now then when your finished clik on modify then put in weight and things you want to reach it then shows you what youd look like after the "struggle" i found this very very helpful to me today

thinthinker 02-05-2002 10:52 AM

Good morning, everyone! :wave: Hope you are all doing well this morning. It is a NEW day!!!

I didn't do extremely well yesterday. I got some yummy, well, nevermind, I'm not going to describe it 'cuz you'll all want it. But suffice it to say, I bought it, I ate it and I'll be paying for it.

I did come home and microwave some of that leftover baked cod from the other night instead of what I was making for the rest of the family. I guess I will call that my 'little victory' for yesterday. I could have just eaten what I was making for everyone else. It was more trouble to make something else for me. But I did it. And it was a better choice! Hooray for me!!! :D

Tina: Thank you for being honest!! That was really courageous! You're so right, we've all been there and we have all walked that same road. And we do understand. But I have been tempted to come here and say 'food's been good' when it truly hasn't. After all, who would know? But I think you've come to the same conclusion I have and that's that we're really only lying to ourselves! * Your focus should be on the positive. You drank more water than you have in a long time. You had a helping of green beans. And your DH uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts which are far less fat and calories that chicken with the bones and skin left on. Sooooo, you did fine. After all, we're talking baby steps here. * Good for you looking for a WW meeting. It is good to have someone to answer to. * Today is a new day, take another baby step. [[[hugs]]]

2cute: Glad you're back safely. Also glad that your folks are doing well. * Too bad about the maintain, but you're attitude is great! Sometimes the scale just needs to catch up to all the good that your body is doing.

Malia: Good for you journalling! I still didn't get that job done yesterday. Maybe today!

Flumper: I think the Wednesday Weigh-In came from the fact that Weigh-In was the best thing to go with Wednesday, the W thing, ya know. I'm not sure if any of us WI on Wednesday for real. I WI on Monday. It makes me pay more attention on the weekend and starts my week off right. * That site sounds like fun. I will check it out right now.

Susie: I'm sorry your new job hasn't gone through yet. That must be very frustrating. You packed stuff up to move awhile ago, didn't you? * Good job getting back OP yesterday. 45 minutes of exercise, I'm impressed!!!

LuckyLadyBug: That was very interesting about the willpower. So true. And interesting because my dad offered me a new car as incentive to lose weight when I was a teen. You would think that would have done it, wouldn't ya???

Tuesday Tip: If you don't care for water, like me, squirt some lemon juice into a tall glass of water and add one envelope of your favorite sweetener (Equal, Splenda, Sweet n Low) and you will have yummy lemonade!!!

Well girls, I'm outta here. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
After all my computer problems the other day, I found the cartoon below. The title is: Is Your Computer Upset. (mine is, maybe this is what happened the other day! :rolleyes: )

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself." - Ethel Barrymore

thinthinker 02-05-2002 11:28 AM

Hey you guys! I don't know if any of you are like me and really have no clue what 145 pounds would even look like. You know, because it's been so long since we saw 145, or maybe NEVER saw it. Anyway, WW says I should weigh between 140 and 145 and I just don't know what that looks like.

I went to that site that flumper mentioned. It is so fun. You don't have to sign up for anything (unless you want to). Enter your right info: shapes, sizes, weight and it really creates YOU! Then I went back and did the same thing with 145 pounds and walah! there I was thinner!!!

It's really fun. And I didn't leave any of my personal info on the site, I just erased it all and can go back and do it all over another time. Try it.

See ya later.

Jehari 02-05-2002 01:25 PM

Hey there all!

Well, I just don't even want to tell you about my weekend. BAD BAD BAD!!! Was having crisis and went right for the food!! Oh well. I had to give in and go buy some pants. I was down to one pair. I just couldn't afford to wait until i lost 10 pounds at the rate I'm going.

I thought to myself that maybe this is a bad time to do this. Then I thought to myself that maybe that is just an excuse.

Thank you Lynne for your post about not being able to change these eating habits over night. I knew that, but I guess it was tucked away in the darker regions of my brain and I needed somebody to TELL me. After battling this weight my whole life, you'd think I'd know these things by now. But again, I've tried to change things over night and the stresses and failures were too much. I will just have to keep working at it.

I can't believe how many posts there have been, so I can't reply to everyone right now. But I just have to tell ya.... I went to that virtual model site today, and HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :lol: That virtual model may have looked like SOMEBODY that weighs 190 pounds, but it sure wasn't me!!! It didn't sag anywhere! It didn't have stretchmarks or cellulite!! If I looked as good as my 190 pound virtual model, I'd say to **** with dieting and go out clothes shopping!!! :lol:

Anyhow girls, I gotta get.

MY MISSION OF THE DAY: DRINK THE DANG WATER!!! (I am so bad about that!!)

Jen
:wave:

flumper 02-05-2002 01:35 PM

jen i know exactly what you mean about the sags, dont think my boobs will ver get like that no matter how much i lose but thats not something that a wonderbra wont sort out lol

QueenB 02-05-2002 03:02 PM

Hello everyone! Don't have much time to reply....about to leave to pick up the kids for school. Just wanted to say I went to the virtual model sight and it was really cool . I just have one question?

Where was my stomach roll that hits the floor? I turned her all the way around and couldnt find it?! :lol:

Thanks for the website. Made me feel all giddy inside!

2cute2Bfat 02-05-2002 07:40 PM

Hello everyone

I have not time to post tonight. I have been babysitting all day and I am worn out. In the morning we go to the hospital at 7am and I will have my NEW granddaughter. :D

Just had to sneak in a minute and tell you hello and show off something to THinthinker. Let's see if sees it.
Hey Thin.. I made your pistascio fluff tonight. It was :T MMMmm good.
TA DA !!!! Look what I did. :p

:T :T

You all can use it now. Suzanne added it to our smilies options for me. Or you can just use : and T together.

Hope you all have a great night and even better tomorrow.

qsilver 02-05-2002 08:44 PM

Hey everyone :)

Guess what I did today... I went for a walk! The doctor gave me permission to walk 1/2 mile a day this week and add 1/2 mile each week after. It took me nearly 20 minutes to complete, but I did it, I did it, I did it!!!

Now, to be honest, my knee is killing me, and I'm going to go prop it up while attempting to explain to my 11 year old how to heat up leftovers for dinner. Of course, I'll be sitting there and cheering for myself the whole time. :)

Andria

Grannie39074 02-05-2002 09:42 PM

Hello all
I have been so busy today I had my first DAR meeting and I did the program. I also have a croopy caugh and am hoarse. I'll try to be here tomorrow but depends how I feel.