Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 09:51 PM   #16  

Lynne You are so right it takes “baby steps” to turn this into a new way of being.

Kat I so “get” your quote from the book. I believe that is why I have to “love” myself more because looking for it anywhere else won't be a permanent fix. I will check out that site you wrote about….sugar sensitive. I checked three on the list and I do know if I start with sweets – that’s it….BINGE.
CONGRATULATIONS on meeting your goals.

Thanks for sharing your “awareness”. I found it inspirational.

Thin Yeah down 2….good for you. GREAT computer pic….loved it.

2Cute What do you mean…your husband has a legitimate point??? I SURE hope you didn’t let him know that.

Tina We are here to support you – so don’t feel sad. You are right, the first thing we have to do is be honest about our food….NOT easy….Good for you for doing that. It will make it all the easier for the rest of us to be honest when we have a mini set back.

Andria Congrats on the walk. It is warm enough here in Minnesota to go walking – which I love. So, tomorrow after work…BEFORE I can post here is walking time.

Flumper That virtual site is great….now there is some incentive….

So, I changed my mind – I am thankful I picked the tip I did today. And I have come up with an
I-N-C-E-N-T-I-V-E.

I have a pair of jeans that I want to wear and what a surprise, they are too small. Well, I have decided as my incentive to keep on keeping on that I will try them on every Thursday – UNTIL THEY FIT.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Default Day of up and downs

Hey everyone! Have I had a day or what? Can anyone tell me an easy way to make letters big, bold and colored at the same time?

Anyways, on to other things: So, I decide last night that I'm going to join WW. So, I call and listen to the recording and they have a meeting today at 6:00. So I'm laying there in the bed last night thinking (when I should have been sleeping) trying to figure out which plan is best for me. Do I just pay the $30.00 to join or go for one of the money saving plans? Now, I don't know what they offer in other areas, but here if you pay 108.00 it will pay you up for 11 weeks and you save something like 42.00. Well, this is the plan that I wanted....not only to save money but it would help me make a committment also. So, I have an extra $140.00 in the bank that my husband and I are planning to use to finish the bathroom and I'm wondering how I can approach the subject (oh so tactfully ) that I would like to use this money for WW. Now, in my heart, I know he won't mind, but he's seen me start and give up so many times, I just don't want to tell him I want to use it. So, I go to sleep thinking of these things.
Next, I am woke up by my husband who has come in from the mailbox and said, "Hey, remember that money that you've been waiting on from the 401K plan that you cancelled at your old job?" and I said, "Yeah." Truthfully, I had almost forgot about it. And he said, "Well, it finally came in." It was a check for 170.00!!!! Now, I know that's not a huge amount of money, but it certainly solved my problem. So, I hopped my big fat but to WW tonight and I joined and I'm really excited about it. I would like to mention however ThinThinker, that we are no longer close in weight anymore. My horrible scale deceived me. According to WW, I weigh 346.5. That was very distressing for me to gain almost 20 pds on the step of a single scale, but what can you do?
Once again, thank you all for all the wonderful encouraging comments. I would love to type more, but I'm on my way to work. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:29 PM   #18  

Good evening,

The virtualmodel website was fun, but like Jen it didn't show my sagging bust and stomach. Stretch marks too. I never looked like that. One step at a time.

Buckled down today. Exercised to RS disco sweat. It was a relief. I'll have some fish for dinner and 2 cups of steamed veggies with lemon. I got on the scale and with my period in limbo. It did not look good. No four pound loss by 2/8 for me. It's depressing.

Our trip is coming along. We got the doggie hotel reservations in and sent in our deposit. I need to get in shape. Incentives.

Will come back later,
Malia
Old 02-06-2002, 02:39 AM   #19  

Hi,

I'm back as promised. I've been surfing this website and found many success stories. I'm amazed how some are able to steadily lose 8lbs a month. I don't understand why my weight is not budging. Compared to my eating habits during the holidays, I've cut back drastically. I've eliminated junkfood and soda. Exercised. Perhaps I'm pushing too hard. I'm measuring myself tomorrow. A little here, a little there--might boost my morale. What can I say? Keep trying until I get it right.

Sometimes I can't believe what a difference the support from this website has done for me. I would go days on end without thinking of losing weight. Keeping in contact with you has kept my focus. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not. But I'll get it right.

Measure the body, measure the difference.
Malia
Old 02-06-2002, 04:44 AM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Angry No Special Reason

Was just sitting here at work reading back over earlier posts so I could try to get to know everyone better and after reading a gazillion posts, I have found that we are all very different but the same, all very motivated but not immune from failure, all trying to get through this crazy thing we call life and in short I have found you all are angels. Never doubt how lucky we are to have each other. Have a wonderful day.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:04 AM   #21  

Tina I am so happy for you….When things like that happen to me I take it as a sign that the Universe is on my side!!!! Thanks for that last post – sweet and true!!

Malia You are inspiring me with your exercise. I know about the “waiting” to see that scale move. I can go for weeks and then suddenly – boom – it moves. But in the mean time it’s easy to give up. I think you are doing the exact right thing by measuring. I suppose that is why it is always suggested not to get “hooked” on that scale.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:19 AM   #22  

Lightbulb INTERESTING

Make dining an event. East from your own special plate, on your own special placemat, and borrow the Japanese art of food arranging to make your meal, no matter how meager, look lovely. This is a trick that helps chronic over-eaters and bingers pay attention to their food instead of consuming it unconsciously.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:19 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

OHMIGOD, I JUST DELETED SUCH A LONG POST...i'm GOING TO KICK MYSELF NOW, BE BACK LATER.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:24 AM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all
I di get here today as you can see but I feel terrible. It is raining outside and it's cold.

Hope everyone has a great op Wednesday.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Just popping in to say hi....

I am still totally out of control! I thought I was getting back but lost it again!

Its nice to see some newbies on the block...welcome! I will be back again soon!

Michelle
Old 02-06-2002, 10:21 AM   #26  
a work in progress...

Hey Lucky,

I noticed that your number DECREASED! Good for you! I had this whole little story on my (deleted) post about a pair of jeans that I have hung onto for about, Oh...let's see...22 YEARS! They are size 11 Sasson baggy jeans...(ooh la la Sasson?--anyone old enough to recall?) I really LOVED those pants, they just fit so nicely... I VOW (here comes Scarlett again!) to get into them again!

2cute2bAgrandma! Congratulations! How is the little bundle of joy? I can't wait to be a grandma!! I mean, WHEN IT'S THE RIGHT TIME!!! Please dear God, not any time soon...(16 year old daughter) I am going to be the coolest, most fun grandma ever! (Unlike the two duds my poor children are saddled with...but that's a story for another day!)

Andria, how's the knee feeling today? Take it slow, remember, baby steps!

Malia, don't sweat the plateau...take your measurements and track your progress that way. Don't be discouraged!

Tina, I admire your honesty. Good for you for facing the facts and moving on!

Mary, I hope you feel better. What goes on at a DAR meeting?

QueenB, I LOVE when that happens!! I just received a check from a credit card company for over $200.00 for an overpayment! It couldn't have come at a better time! I'm glad you're putting your $$$ to such good use! Good luck!

Thinthinker...any idea which # thread your wonderful recipes are on? I was trying to find them yesterday...will keep looking. I DID remember the chicken/salsa/pineapple one, though...Whoa, was that good! Gonna try that in the crockpot, too I think... A definite keeper!

Who am I forgetting?

Susie? Did you start the job yet? Give us the scoop!

What about Jen? Doing any better? Don't be discouraged by a total meltdown...just pick up where you left off, and come here FREQUENTLY...it really helps to me focus!

Flumper...how could I forget you with a name like that? Is there a hidden meaning behind it? It's really cute. How are you doing?

Syn, Hi! Find any good stuff in the garden books? I'm looking forward to getting dirt under my nails, too!

Lynne, how are those baby steps coming? Just keep planting one little baby shoe in front of the other...I'm right behind you in case you fall...so's everyone else!

Michelle...there you are! Keep reading the posts anyway...we're here when you're ready for us!

Wow, I think I have exceeded my previous post in length...We are really a large group! (In more ways than one! :LOL: ) I hope I didn't miss anyone, If I did, please forgive me, I'll catch you next time...

oops, almost forgot...Weigh-in Wednesday...here goes...gulp...
Today I weigh 258.8 lbs. I intend to decrease that number by at least 3 lbs next Wednesday! I'm off to do my new exercise tape...I'm having *good* muscle pains from the workout the other night...something MUST be happening!

Gotta go...love to all...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-06-2002 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #27  

Good morning,

I measured this morning. I wanted to let you all know the results before I go to work.

Weight: 250 (gain of 1lb)
Chest: loss of 1/2 inch
Midriff: loss of 1 inch
stomach: loss of 1/2 inch
Hips: gain of 1 inch
Right thigh: loss of 1/2 inch
Left upper arm: gain of 1/4 inch

Add loss/gain together: I lost 1.25 inches. It's water for me today, chase the bloatiness away.

Have a good day,
Malia
Old 02-06-2002, 11:41 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs down It's a GIRL !!!!!!

Her name is Samantha Grace.
She was born at 7:35am this morning.
She was 8lbs 7oz and she is 20 1/2 inches long.
She has my son's longggg toes. LOL
And she has her other grandpa's red hair.... curly too.
She doesn't have much hair... but what she has is a brownish auburn.
She BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!! She is perfect in every way. She is an angel.

Be back later... called all of the relatives and NO ONE is home.
I am going to go try again.
She is sooooooo sweet !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 11:53 AM   #29  

congratulations 2cute thats so sweet a nice new grandaughter

kat ....no hidden meaning behind flumper my DH hmm hmm used to call me flumpy but it ryhmed to well with frumpy so he changed it to flumper he says its because im like a flump (marshmallow type sweet)soft and squishy. he has such a way with words ...NOT
Old 02-06-2002, 01:04 PM   #30  

Here I am again to confess my sins .

I had 3 ooey gooey cinnamon rolls for breakfast today. I ate zingers before bed last night. I am NOT doing well. I did do Tae Bo yesterday. The problem with Tae Bo is that the days I do it, I am extra mega super duper hungry!! Not the kind of hungry I can ignore...the ravenous I-have-to-eat-something-or-I-may-kill-someone kind of hungry. This is such a bad time.

I am thinking I need to go back on the pills I was taking before. I have hesitated to do that because of my ulcer, but i haven't had problems with it for a while. I think I need to give it a shot.

Michelle: As you can see, I am in the same boat girl! We just have to keep trying. I guess trying and failing is better than just giving up, as long as we keep trying.

2Cute: Congrats to you grandma!!!

That's about all I have time for right now. Talk at ya all later,
Jen
Closed Thread