Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 02:44 PM   #16  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wink Middle o' the Afternoon to ye!

Hello, Hello!

Crone -- It was that last smiley -- I just could not resist any longer.

So nice to see everyone popping their heads up (like groundhogs -- does this mean an early spring???). I've been lurking but not posting. I was sick all January and am still settling into my new house. I finally weighed myself post-Christmas last Monday and was up 7 pounds. This a.m. I weighed in 4 pounds down. I know that this won't continue, but if it did....hmmm.... I could be skinny before summer....

Yup, I'm on for the St. Paddy's day challenge. Not entirely sure what I will choose as my challenge -- I think I may try for 10 pounds -- it's a month and a half, so that could work.

I'm still frightfully busy, so I apologize for the lack of personal messages...

Love to all!

babette
Old 02-05-2002, 04:24 PM   #17  

Default HURRAY FOR MORRIGAN....CONGRATS ON THE FUTURE ADDITION....!!!

Morrigan...how exciting and what great news for us......good luck and keep us posted....and just make sure your doing the best you can!!!

Babette...so glad to see your still with us.....!!!

I am sitting here watching Tell it like it is DR PHIL on Oprah....and man does this sound like me......I thought I was the only one out there in the world who has 100% ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE AT ALL TO BE SEXUAL......and I sound so much like one of the women....she says when her husband says he will give her a backrub...she says thats as far as it is going because she just doesnt have the desire, want, need for sex in her life although she truly loves her husband.....and boy I do that all the time.....glad to hear I am not the lone soldier on that one!!!

I had a pretty good day today....way under points but I am just not hungry...which I am shocked with TOM here and all.....have not munched at all today like I normally would have!!!

congrats to those who weighed in today and lost or maintained......will check in again later.....LisaL
Old 02-05-2002, 08:25 PM   #18  
Happy Member

Default Here I am -

Still working at maintaining iswhat I am doing. And I am being somewhat successful. It isn't easy, but then nothing worthwhile is ever all that easy, is it?

Morrigan, I am happy for you. Keep us posted on your life as a mommy-to-be.

Others on this forum, I think a St. Pat's Day challenge is a good thing for us to do. Anything that can get us focused on the need for healthy eating is worthwhile. I would participate. But no weight loss for me, I am doing good at maintaining.

I do have a new incentive for maintaining - we have a vacation planned in Florida in early Maarch. This is my husband's old millitary group's reunion, and we are planning to attend. From the frigid hills of Wyoming to the lucious and tropical beaches of Florida, wow. And I do want to fit into that swimsuit, don't I? That is my incentive.

Everybody, please continue to do what we know must be done. This is a forum of experienced dieters, isn't it? Lots of expertise here, no doubt about it.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:02 PM   #19  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink

Morrigan, Congratulations!! Such a wondrous miracle, a baby's life. I hope your pregnancy is a joy and relatively non-eventful....(no morning sickness or quesiness) But most of all, eat healthy and be healthy!!

I just found this recipie that was on another thread. Some of you may have seen/heard about this one, but I thought I'd mention it anyway as it is FABULOUS and soooo easy!!!

***Pineapple/Angel food cake***....(get it, ANGEL... lol )

20oz can of crushed pineapple in its own juice
1 pkg Angel Food cake mix

Empty pkg mix of angel food cake into a bowl. Pour pineapple and its juice into the cake mix. Add nothing else, and mix until moist. Pour into a pre-sprayed (PAM) 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30min.
Remove from oven and cool. Serves 12 with only 3pts per huge slice. !!! mmmm, you'll love it!!! Enjoy.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:48 AM   #20  

Default YUM YUM

Angel...that recipe sounds soooo good....I LOVE pineapple.....I eat it on pizza when I splurge......love it....!!! Was good talking this morning and I might try to make it on tonight as well......hope L gets better....nothing worse than having sick kiddos!!!...Have fun doing your household chores......HA HA

how are you all doing today? I have TOM here and man oh man I felt like I could have eaten the world last night and still wanted to eat.....I did eat a lot and thought...."OH DEAR GOD I HAVE GONE OVER IN MY PTS AGAIN"...LOL...but I still was at my midrange and banked 2 pts!!!

I am so glad to see everyone sneaking out of the bushes and posting....its nice to see morrigan jo jo joanie babette joining in with us and those who are new joining in as well.....the more the merrier......and it only offers the rest of us more support and motivation......!!!

I need to go for now and get some things done and hope that Kail will fall asleep shortly so I can go shower......hoping you all have a great day....take care....LisaL

P.S. I think the idea of starting another thread for food journals and exercise journals is great too.....we can learn from the others and get meal ideas as well.....who else is game for that? Let me know and we can start one.......
Old 02-06-2002, 12:09 PM   #21  

hello all. here i am halfway through day 2. didn't go to the gym this am, but i did some stretching and stuff before work. i am in PAIN from yesterday-it's great!
eating well so far today; last night i splurged on a piece of oreo cheesecake-mmmmmmmmmm. though, small as it may seem, i was happy that i left about 2 bites uneaten. it's rare for me to leave food if there's "just a little left-what will it hurt?".
hope you are all doing well. wish i could offer some advice to the mothers to be among us, but it's not something i have been though-good luck to you, though.
take care, everyone.
oh yeah, i also kinda like the idea of logging food/exercise here. be nice to see how others do it, and maybe get some new ideas.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:57 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 11 Heaven

Had a great run, really a jogwalk, today of 60 minutes. Finished last night with 1890 calories and an evening walk. No crash today but have to get working soon.

Morrigan: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWS!!! It is good to hear from you. Sounds like everything is going well.

Babette: Glad the smiley faces got to you and you are back on the board. I always enjoy your posts! As for spring, it's already here where I am.

JoJoJo2: I think maintaining is just as great a challenge as losing and takes similiar focus. Even though I'm trying to lose a few pounds, I am basically in maintenance mode, too. If I lose the focus, I gain and it's entirely possible to gain the whole 100 back. I don't intend to go there!

Angel-Eyes: Thanks for posting the cake recipe. I hadn't seen it and will try it soon. I like angel food cake sliced and individually wrapped in the freezer for a quick snack. This sounds like a light pineapple upside down cake, in a way.

Sychie: Leaving oreo cheesecake on your plate was a real breakthrough! I don't know if I could have done it. You deserve a round of applause for that!

Momto2Boys: I would post on a food and exercise journal. It is a great way to stay focused and get menu and exercise ideas, too. But in the past, I've balked at letting anyone in on the exact things I eat, because my horrible nutritional choices are a bad example for anyone!

Weeesa: BOB nothwithstanding, you seem to be really getting into a state of focus. It inspires me to hear how you've converted to a fruit lover ... I can't seem to eat the stuff at all unless it's all mixed up in a smoothie.

Congratulations to all who've lost, maintained or are just getting their act together! I promise to shorten my post next time. Now for the smilie challenge: How many can I put in?!

Old 02-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #23  

Crone.....ok dont feel alone on the bad nutrion.....I will post honestly and I can assure you....your not alone....You will notice that I eat barely a thing throughout the daytime....its after dinner that I want to eat.....so I tend to snack on a lot of small pt items....but the way I see it is.....if its working why change it....LOL.....so until I notice it doesnt help....I will not worry too much!!!

I will start a journal thread tomorrow or later tonight after I have finished my eating for the day!!! And anyone who wants to join along...feel free .... great way for us to share our daily routines and recipes if we want also!!!

Will post again later...bye bye everyone...take care.....LisaL

p.s. sychie....I would have had a hard time not eating the last couple of bites of the cheesecake too......ha ha.....cheesecake has to be my all time favorite cake other than carrot cake and german choc cake......
Old 02-07-2002, 09:01 AM   #24  
One day at a time

Thumbs down morning all

hello

just checking in to see how everyone is doing this morning. I'm full of energy, already rode my bike for 35 minutes and i'm gonna go shopping later, that has to count as a workout. I'm running a good streak of 19 days now and feeling pretty good. lots of energy. too much in fact lately now my house is spotless, and i sit around thinking what now, already worked out and loaded with energy. where did it come from?
Old 02-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 12

Looks like I probably will be moving, but still not certain, so I really need to keep going on this streak and not give way to the stress of it all.

Today's a semi-rest day, though I'm still doing my two sessions of exercise. I just kind of break it up and go easy on days when my body is in danger of overtraining. I'm feeling very fit and want to stay that way.

I'll post on the food & exercise journal again tonight! No time for messages, just time to write about ME, ME, ME!!!!
Old 02-07-2002, 11:15 AM   #26  

Hey girls....how are ya all? I am doing ok....I have TOM and am soooo exhausted....I felt like I could have slept all morning.....but had to get Jesse off to school and tend to Kail!!!

Crone...where will you be moving for your transfer? Oh and by the way....dont feel bad about what you post for your daily intake.....as long as it is working for you....who is anyone to judge what your eating except for you!!!

Angel.....where oh where were you last night? I finally gave up and quit chat around 10pm or so.....I hope to find you sometime today or tonight maybe....how is L feeling today???

How is everyone else doing? I hope you all venture over to the thread for journaling food intake and exercise journals.......it will be good for all of us !!!

Take care all...time to go do some laundry while I look for stuff on here for ideas on what to do for Jesse's birthday party!!!

Talk later...LisaL
Old 02-07-2002, 01:31 PM   #27  

hey all. well, i don't quite know where i am. last night, i decided to go out for steak for dinner-i was craving it badly and decided that as long as i got steamed veggies on the side, and a leaner cut of meat, i would be ok. well, then mr. ex s.o. started a fight, and the next thing i knew, i was eating cheese fries. once i realized what i was doing, i stopped. later in the eve, though, i gave in and got ice cream and ate more of it than i should have. today it's all gray out and i had a bowl of ice cream for breakfast (it counts as dairy and protein, as it has nuts in it, right?? ). i am trying to make myself something good for lunch, but it's hard. i'm also trying to get myself to go to the gym.
i really hate days like this.

bleh

glad to hear you are all doing well. it does help me think more positively.
take care, all
Old 02-07-2002, 01:36 PM   #28  

just peeked in on the journal thread.
made me feel more positive. thanks.
gonna go look for a decent lunch now, and i think i will melt the rest of the ice cream so i won't eat it later
Old 02-07-2002, 01:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I am one nervous girl. I have been sick to my stomach all day for the last week. The only thing that cures it is eating. I have pretty much been eating all day long. I would have thought I would gain 5 lbs, but on the scale today I have lost 3 in that last two weeks. It seems pretty weird to be losing considering how much I have been eating.

I have my first doctors appointment today. I am going to stick with my GP and not go to an OB/GYN for the duration.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:12 PM   #30  

Morrigan....your body will go thru so many changes girl you wont hardly believe it.......haha....but I had morning sickness so bad this past time with Kail that I had to be on meds...but with Jesse....I wore the accupressure bands for like motion sickness....they work ok if you find the right spot......!!!...and I would wake up religously every night at 3am for a bowl of rice crispies with banana chunks....haha....good luck at your appt today!!!
Closed Thread