Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 02:50 AM   #31  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up Being honest

Hello everyone!

Well, I first I thought I would tell a lie, I mean.....who would know? I mean, its just the computer and I could tell everyone that I did absolutely great my first day.....drank my water and ate my fruit and vegetables and all that good stuff. But I didn't. After I posted yesterday, and I was ALL fired up my stupid, ignorant but oh so crappy husband (who I love dearly) said he was making fried chicken for dinner. Did you hear what I said? FRIED CHICKEN! It is one of my absolute downfalls. And his is to die for! So, I conveniently told myself that "Well, I'm starting "tomorrow" and it won't really matter what I do today......so this will be my farewell meal." So of course, I ate not only one but two boneless skinnless fried chicken breast and mashed potatoes and corn. I guess I did keep part of my resolution though. I ate a helping of green beans also and I washed that lovely meal down with ice water!
So, of course I got up today and feeling much like a slug, I guess I didn't do too bad. Well, that's a lie too. I won't tell you what I ate, but let's just say. It was bad too. But the good thing that is coming out of this is that I'm being honest. After making my firm committment to you guys yesterday and then being so terrible today, the "old" me probably might have lied (so as not to be embarrassed) and tell everyone that I did very well today. So for me, just "fessing" up to you is a definite step forward. It is so hard. But I guess you know that. I thought about not even posting, but I really needed to. I want to thank you guys for all your encouragement. All the "You go Tina's" and "We're behind you" made me feel like a loser when I first starting typing this, but them I started feeling better knowing that I could tell you guys and you would understand. I am calling WW tomorrow to see if they have a meeting place in my area and what it would cost to start. Right now, I need some stability and someone to "answer to". I am just way too easy on myself and I let myself off. Well, I hope you guys aren't too disappointed in me. And even as I just typed that, I know you aren't, because you know the road that I'm walking down, for you've walked down it to. It means so much to me to know that. I hope you all have a wonderful day today and I will talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:42 PM   #32  

Talking Hope I ma doing this right !

Hello ,
I hope I am doing this right ... I would love to be a part of your group it sounds great ... I totally identify with that whole fried chicken thing .... I am just starting out and I need to lose atleast ATLEAST 70 pounds .... I am so weak though ... I really need the support so if I may ... Please can I join ??? You all sound really great and honest !!!!!! I just got wieghed at the docs office the other day and was shocked to know between this last thanksgiving and now I gained 21 pounds on top of already having to much to begin with ! UGHHHHHHH ... well I hope I will be accepted to join your group and that you all have a great day today .....
Old 03-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #33  
Dancing those pounds away

Default Oooppps

Lona... it is so good to have you want to join our group.
We are an ongoing thread. This one was back in Feb and is #128... we are now on thread #142. Please come and look for us under 300+ and Ready to try again #142. Next we will be #143 etc,

By the way... I loved your signature....Thincerely, Lona.
Closed Thread