Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 06:44 PM   #16  
Beauty is within...

Good morning folks!

In response to your request about photos, we do have a website, and I'm going to arrange to get them onto that. Unfortunately it will take a few weeks, but in the meantime I'll try to email you guys some.... I'll keep you informed!

2cute, WHAT HAPPENED???? Are you okay? You sound like you're in a lot of pain, poor thing!! Hoping for a quite recovery for you! All I can say is GOOD ON YOU for sticking to your weight loss under such hardship!! <<<<BIG HUGS>>>>
BTW, dare I ask where the Wally World quest came from?

TT, sounds like you've been away for a while, along with Jen and others. Bit like that over the hols. But guess that's why we all need to come in here to kick start each other! I can't believe it's been a year since your dad died, and I can imagine that this must be a hard time for you and your family. Our thoughts are with you.

Andria, sorry to hear that your knee's been a "pain" and hope you get better soon! <<BIG HUGS>> to you too!

Hi to Grannie - what's DH out of town for?

Malia, sorry to hear you and your mum have been sad, <<BIG HUGS>> as well!

Jen! I'm in full sympathy for the Taebo thing - I attempted to go for a walk last night, and we live in the hills, so I had a few mountains to tackle, and tell you what!!! I was struggling! At one stage I was practically walking backwards to get to the top! But as you say, it presents a good challenge to what you know you can achieve if you stick to it!!!!! Question: What's boot camp?

Katrina, hi to you too! You are just finishing, and my son is just starting - he's just started school and I bought his uniform today! We've got the joys of sport and music and stuff!

Okay, now if you can bear with me gonna do a quick run down of what's been going on with the wedding and stuff, so you can skip to the bottom if it all gets boring!

Firstly, the wedding was FANTASTIC. Nothing went wrong. The bridesmaids came up to our house the night before, and Marc went off to spend the night in a hotel with his best man who came over from Sweden. On the day we did the usual hair and makeup, and were done in a nice amount of time. The weather was amazing. Blue skies and a big of white cloud and barely any wind. I had a 1938 Chevrolet vintage car (cream) pick me and my dad and Josh up from our house, and so we had a lovely 15 minute drive through the Adelaide hills to the wedding. The wedding music was Ferago in D minor from memory, and then Vivaldi during the ceremony. The ceremony went for about 15-20 minutes and was great. Marc's parents filmed it, so we've got a really nice video to remember it by. We then had a lovely reception in the garden (this was all in the gardens of friends in the hills, almost botanical in surroundings), with classical music playing in the background. Marc and Josh looked great in their top hat and tails, and I was really pleased with how my ensemble looked. Didn't get sore feet or back and just generally had a fantastic day. Then we left, went back to our B&B to change and have a drink, and then joined everyone at a local pub for drinks and dinner. Very casual and really nice. Then cruised back to the B&B and crashed!!! Everyone has said it's one of the nicest weddings they've been to, and we tend to agree!!
The next day we had a casual get together with the immediate family and bridal party to open pressies, and then left for our holiday the next day. We caught a train to Melbourne (11 HOURS!! Yuk!!) and stayed there for a couple of days, and then flew out to Auckland. We were there for a couple of days, and then drove up to the Bay of Islands on the 23/12 and stayed until the 3/1. Swam, walked, lazed, read books, played mini golf, caught Tua Tua shells in the surf on christmas morning, and got a great tan! When we got back we generally lazed about and caught up with Marc's friends, and then went down to Rotorua to visit the bubbling mud and thermal springs. Stayed there for a couple of days and then cruised back. Overall it was an amazing time, and felt like we'd been away for ages.

So now back to reality, and really glad to be home!!! I went for my walk last night, and eating better. We had pizza last night, but I only had 3 slices....

Well, that's my little speel, so I better go and catch up on some work!!!

Till later!
Lynne
Old 01-29-2002, 08:47 PM   #17  

Andria Glad you will be returning soon.

Lynne Good to have you back – what is a kilo versus a lb?

Malia Keeping myself out of trouble during work hours is easier for me also. I suppose I could just work hard at home to stay away from food there too!

2Cute Okay if you really want to know about Wally World / Wal-Mart I can ask my sister. She is in management at Wal-Mart headquarters, so she would have heard if they were ever referred to as Wally World. Only for you would I do this !!!!

I don’t know how you do it with your burns. My nose is sore and dry from my cold and I can barely handle that.

Thin WAY TO GO 6 lbs…..

Jen What Tae Bo tape do you have. I have a Billy Blanks one which you reminded me needs to be dusted off too. I keep thinking what exercise should I do…well, of course this is just a stall tactic for me so you have inspired me to get going. I have many different tapes: Richard’s, Tae Bo, Yoga, and, of course, my new belly dancing ones so my plan is to have them lined up and each day I can pick one and do it. The important part is “do it”. I need to quit trying to plan the perfect exercise routine and just do something. Thanks
Old 01-29-2002, 09:52 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Lynn: DH was on a business trip for his company. He had to go certify a supplier in New York. He still ahsn't made it in yet must not have been able to catch an earlier connecting flight.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:17 AM   #19  

Jen & Lucky, how I wish I could do Tae Bo. I got the set, but parts of my body act separately. It's scary. I've set it aside until the half way mark, it's pure richard for me.

Lynn, your wedding sounded perfect. Memorable and fun too.

Wow, we had a major rainstorm today. The college football players are here for the hula bowl on Saturday. It must be a bummer to be in this kind of weather. It was dark like night. On the bright side, the rain was warm and the ocean's still there. I woke up at 5am and exercised to richard disco. Had a few slip ups today, but feel pretty positive on my progress. Everyone's talking about Walmart's black cherry water. I have to try some. Yum.

Have any of you measured yourself? It's far more rewarding to see the change in inches.

Here's to sunshine,
Malia
Old 01-30-2002, 08:03 AM   #20  

Malia Thanks for that sun....it's 9 below zero here right now so we need it....

Have a good Wednesday all....
Old 01-30-2002, 08:13 AM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

GONE SHOPPING

Be back later
Old 01-30-2002, 10:31 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning all! Yesterday went pretty well. I had Subway for dinner last night. Put my own 2% cheese on it and no dressing to lighten it up! Minor victory! What is it that I can't stand about not taking everything that I'm paying for???? It almost killed me to tell them to "hold the cheese". After all, I was paying for the cheese! Geez!!!

I'm off to work today. I'm taking mom with me and we're going to 'do lunch' while we're out.

It is snowing and has been for hours. I think this might be Michigan's first BIG winter storm. The snow is very wet. It still hovering in the low 30's so the temp's are not awful. The weatherman says it will snow through Friday with the majority of it coming between midnight tonight and rush hour in the morning. Oh Boy!!!

Lynne: The wedding sounds lovely. I bet your men were sooooo handsome. I love top hats and tails. What a great trip! Sounds like it was just very relaxing and 'together'. Just enjoying each other's company. Did you take Josh with you??? * It's good to have you back. And 'reality' versus the fantasy that it sounds like you've been living for the past 6 weeks will be a real change for you. But it sounds like you're ready for the challenge!

Mary: Hope your DH gets in before this winter storm hits New York. It's headed that way when it's through with us. My girlfriend is flying home from Florida tonight, late. We'll see if she gets in. * Have a fun day shopping!

Prism: Wow, you really have had alot of rain. I loved the part about 'the ocean's still there'. Like it would wash away??? I'm sure that's now how you meant it, but it struck me as cute!

LuckyLadyBug: Wow, 9 below???? Hope you keep the temperature out your way. I'll take all the snow in the world as long as the temp is tolerable!

2cute: Ok, girlfriend, now where are you????

For those of you struggling with the constant eating when you're at home, get out those 1 and 2 WW point recipes, Pumpkin Mousse, Orange Dreamsicle (which by the way is great done in raspberry too), and Pistachio Fluff, and have them on hand in the fridge for when you can't stop, but you don't want to do all the damage. If you don't have or don't remember the recipes, let me know and I'll post them again. It really helps to be prepared.

Gotta run and get dressed to go. See you all later.

"There is no such thing as can't, only won't. If you're qualified, all it takes is a burning desire to accomplish, to make a change. Go forward, go backward. Whatever it takes! But you can't blame other people or society in general. It all comes from your mind. When we do the impossible we realize we are special people." - Jan Ashford
Old 01-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Hey all...

How is everyone? I'm glad to see so many posts! I made it through my last Cub Scout meeting just fine, thanks...only three of my boys are crossing over to Boy Scouts, the ceremony is on Saturday--I might shed a tear or two then! It has been a lot of fun, despite the parental interference that I have had to deal with. I'm all for parental involvement, we could use a lot more (of the POSITIVE kind) than we get...but some of the petty, selfish little issues that these people raised had a LOT to do with my stress eating! No, I'm not BLAMING them for me being fat...and it was MY reaction to the stress that contributed to my inability to lose...I'm just glad to be done with certain folks...I truly feel sorry for their sons though. Don't mind me...just a little self therapy session!

Now about all of you!

Lynneyour wedding sounds WONDERFUL! Congratulations to you both! It sounds like a lot of you guys on this thread have been together for awhile...how long has this thread been going?

Thinthinker welcome back! Think positive...Shoveling snow burns a LOT of calories! How many inches so far? I hope we get some here on the East coast! I LOVE snow. We don't get enough here. Good job on "doctoring up" your sub! If you don't mind, I'd LOVE the recipes for the goodies that you mentioned! Thanks for the Dr Phil pep talk! I need it!

Go Grannie, GO! How was the shopping? I need a good session for myself...I haven't "gone shopping" other than food, since before Christmas! DH home yet?

2cute How are the burns coming along? I really admire the way you keep a positive attitude through your recovery...I don't know if I would be as cheerful!

Prism Has the rain let up? Did you ever try toe "Eight minute Tae Bo workout"? It's over before you can even think about it! I think I will dust of my VAST video collection...my favorite is "the Firm" although the chick is kind of annoying, the exercise routine is GREAT and you definitely see results quickly! Maybe I'll just turn the sound down and crank up some music!

Lucky BBBBRRRRR! I think shivering must burn some calories too! Although I DO love winter, that may be a little TOO much winter for me! How warm does it get there in the summer?

I have taken WAY more time than I wanted to posting here...so I will just say HI for now to everone else...keep posting everyone! It's great to hear what everyone is up to and dealing with as we deal with our weight loss issues...

Oh yeah, one last thought on the HOT TOPIC... Wally World/Walmart: I thought that "Wally World" was just a nickname in the same way that we call Target--->"TAR-ZHAY" (Sounds fancy, doesn't it?) :LOL:
Old 01-30-2002, 03:36 PM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

I'm back I bought two dresses, two pairs of pants ( size 20), three tops, 3 panties and 2 bras. Spent too much money oh well.

Dh got home about 10:45
Old 01-30-2002, 05:45 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello all! Just a quickie before I'm out for the evening. Going to this place where they have billiards and a midway full of games and stuff to do. We're going to dinner and the boys will play the games. Fun, fun!!! And it's not even Friday yet!!!

Mary: Sounds like you had a great day shopping!!! Size 20 pants! Woohoo!!! You're doing great!!!

Katrina: I'm glad you got your little Cubbies graduated. They're soooo cute!!! Here's the recipes for you. I even added a couple more of my favorites. The fruit pie is yummy and the ice cream sandwiches are really satisfying! Enjoy!!! (this really isn't 'sticking out tongue' it's licking lips!!!)

Orange Creamsicle

1 small package sugar free, fat free orange jello
1 small package sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding
1 cup boiling water
8oz. Fat free Cool Whip
1 small can Mandarin oranges, drained (reserve juice)

Add 1 cup boiling water to orange jello. Stir until dissolved. Add water to reserved juice to make 1 cup. Add to jello. Beat in pudding powder. Add mandarin oranges. Fold in Cool Whip.

Makes 4 cups. 1 cup = 1 point
A lady at WW says she tried it with strawberries and strawberry jello, said it was wonderful. I did it with raspberries and raspberry jello and it was really good.

Pumpkin Mousse

2 boxes of sugar free vanilla pudding
2 cups Fat Free (skim) milk
1 3/4 cups of canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 - 8 oz. container of fat free Cool Whip

Beat the pudding, milk, canned pumpkin and spice together. Fold in the Cool Whip. Chill for a couple of hours.

Makes 6 - 1 cup servings 1 point per serving
You can use this in a Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust and serve as a pie. You will have to add 2 points per 1/8 of the pie.

Pistachio Fluff

1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1 small pkg. sugar free pistachio instant pudding
1 - 8 oz. fat free cool whip

Mix together thoroughly the crushed pineapple with its juice and the pudding powder. Fold in Cool Whip. Chill. I add a little green food coloring at Christmas just to make the color more festive.

1 cup = 1 point

Fruit Pie

2# Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1 small sugar free strawberry jello
1 small sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 cups water

Spray deep dish pie pan with cooking spray and wipe excess. Put in fruit. Put water in saucepan. Add jello and pudding powders and bring to a boil. Boil for just a minute. Pour over fruit in pie plate. Chill in fridge for a couple of hours. 1/4 of the pie = 1 pt.

You can put it in a reduced fat graham cracker crust, but then you must count the crust, 2 pts. for 1/8 of the pie. It sets up real good without a crust and it is yummy! Use a dollup of cool whip on top if you're serving guests, they'll love it. Try it with different combinations of fruit. I use strawberries, blueberries and raspberries for a 3 berry pie with sparkling berry jello. I have also done it in all blueberries with either berry or white grape jello. Experiment, this one is good. I make it at least once a week, sometimes twice, when the berries are in.

Ice Cream Sandwiches

Chocolate Graham Crackers
Fat Free Cool Whip

Break crackers so that 2 sections are attached. Spread 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip on a bottom and use the other 2 section piece for the top. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. 1 sandwich = 1 point
You'll love these, tastes just like ice cream sandwiches!

Well, girls, there you have 'em. They should keep you satisfied and on track. Gotta love it!!!!

Later.

Oh, 2cute, where are you??????
Old 01-30-2002, 07:26 PM   #26  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

I'm going to have to keep this short, as I'm still catching up on the work from my absence, and I've now got to put my resume in for application on a new job - just going to recruitment agencies at the moment.

So just quickly to say that I got my walk in last night - took the boys they thought the hill was hard too, but I was pushing them! hee hee
Eating has been so-so, but I haven't unpacked my filing, and all my WW stuff is in amongst it, so I'm just guessing at the moment...

Talk to you all later - I'm hoping to get in tonight...

Lynne
Old 01-30-2002, 10:42 PM   #27  

I just got home from seeing Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper & Richie Valance...It was great and my favorite is Richie (at least the gorgeous man in TIGHT pants that played him). He is a hot cutie....

So I will post tomorrow cause now I want to get to bed and dream....hmmmm wish my name was Donna.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:53 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Default Thank you, THIN!

Oh boy, I am stopping at the store in the am to pick up the ingredients...those sound great!

Nighty night, all!

Old 01-31-2002, 02:47 AM   #29  

Hi all,

How's everything? No rain today. Major flooding yesterday. It's heating up and very humid. The hula bowl football players had to practice in the gym. Tomorrow should be a clear, beautiful day. Everything sparkling after the rain. Looking at my progress, I went downhill today. On the bright side, I drank 8 glasses of water. That's not much is it. Try again tomorrow.

Dreamtime calls...sweet dreams of success,
Malia
Old 01-31-2002, 03:13 AM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry 2am... 2cute is back

Well here it is 2 am so here I am.

This thread is about to go to another page so I am going to start a new thread. This thread will be continued at 300+ and ready to try again... #127.

If you want to know where I have been.. you will have to come check out the new thread.
Don't you just love a mystery??
See you all there.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-31-2002 at 03:30 AM.
Closed Thread