Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default HI EVERYONE!!! Updates on my progress!!

Alright, so I didn't get to my Christmas goal, but I sure have been doing better than I thought I would be being from home and all. I have lost almost 30 lbs since my move to upper Michigan away from my family. When I came home this week I walked in the door and I got called "Skinny Minnie"...now we all know that 237 lbs is not skinny, but it looks good on me!!

I workout at Anytime Fitness and I Love it...I can go whenever I want! I got 112 employees from my work to sign up for the gym as well and I'm training two of them on the weekends. I never thought I would be the person that people admire. At first people think I"m crazy for getting up at 2 in the morning to make it to the gym for a 2 hour workout before work, but then they say..."I wish I could be more like that."

I want to encourage you guys that you are more of an impact on people than you think. Be supportive to others..they probably admire you a great deal!!!

I feel better than I ever have. I don't count calories anymore...it's almost like I can do it in my head as I'm eating throughout the day. I eat healthy foods and keep junk to a minimum, and usually it's not actually junk it's just something you shouldn't be caught eating all the time.

Now I lift weights everyday but Sunday, working a different part of my body everyday. I LOVE the results...I have toned up so much. I workout with my uncle who is a body builder and we push each other every single day to do better and eat healthy.

Oh, I got hired into my job too. Working for the government definitly has it's perks! I got a discount going for everyone that goes to the gym now.

So anyways....This is my progress..I still have a long way to go, but I'm closer than I was yesterday! How are all of you?!?! I miss this place sooo much!!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sheila!!! So glad to hear from you. I was actually thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were doing. And you are DOING quite well, I see. QUITE well. You skinny minnie you. Amazing how many people you've got into this. What an inspiration you've become.

Thanks for updating us. And keep up the GREAT work.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AWESOME!! ~ OUTSTANDING!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sheila, you are doing great! Congratulations.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Sheila - that's fantastic... congrats on all your success! I remember when you first came on 3FC and it didn't seem too long ago! Keep up the excellent work!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #6  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Yeah....I started my journey in the last week of May I believe....so far so good. I think I"ll be ready for the Air Force by next Fall!!!! I really hope so.

There is nothing I want more than to see America become healthy....even one person at a time. I absolutely LOVE feeling this way. I'm still working on being supportive to my mom...she's gained back all of her weight and it really has her down. She stopped doing everything once I left and it makes me sad. Any words of encouragement for me? I would be greatly appreciative
Old 12-24-2007, 07:51 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Sheila! Good to "see" you and to hear your report! You've made great progress! Keep up the good work!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sheila...haven't heard from you in a coon's day!!! lol. I am glad to hear how well you are doing!! That is so excellent that in your quest to get healthy and lose weight....that you have impacted so many more people. That is truely amazing. Congrats on your weightloss. I bet you are looking and feeling so "hot" these days!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. All I can say is to keep talking to her and let her know that gaining back the weight is not a failure but giving up is. It's not a diet...it's a lifestyle change. And there are some days we don't always make it but each day has to be a new day and a new chance to get back on track. One day of over eating won't under all the months of work...but one week can sure make it easier to give up give habits for the old, bad ones. Just keep supporting her any way that you can. Encourage her to get active in something. I actually had gotten my mom into walking a year ago and even though she isn't losing weight (she doesn't eat as healthy as she thinks she does), she is still walking every single day. I think it just makes her feel good.

Good luck on continuing down this weightloss and health path your on and keep us posted girl!!!!!

Oh and of course, congrats!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #9  
I DO have a BellyButton!

lumifan...I have been amazed at your progress. You are doing SOOOO well! Thank you for the encouragement...I talked to her trainer today and I think he's going to help me by calling her and offering her sessions free of charge since she's spent so much money with him already. I really hope she gets back into it. The doctor says she needs to.

I don't know about all you people, but this week is going to be tough for me. I am working out all week..in fact I"m driving a half hour away tomorrow morning so I can go to Anytime Fitness in Chelsea because Ballys is closed on Christmas. I figured since I'm going to be eating most of what I want this week that I should keep my workout regimen the same..maybe even work a little harder.

I made these mollasses sugar cookies last night and they are to die for! I made them as healthy as I could, but alas...they are still cookies. I've eaten 3 today already...I think I"m going to put them out of site. But like you said lumifan...one day of over-doing it is not going to set me back....especially when the cookie is the only thing I ate out of the normal.

Well...I hope you guys all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and CHristmas Day!! I'm eating turkey, ham and salad tomorrow!! Keeping it clean and healthy!