Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 01:04 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking Streak Away to St. V. Day #3/St. Pat's Party?

Couldn't stand it. Had to have a new thread. I'm actually up a pound and ready to get serious now! Here is Angel-Eye's post from this morning to inspire everyone to think about a St. Pat's Goal:

"Hi Ladies. Yup, count me in for the St. Pat's Poundage Pledge !!! Drum roll please.....after my first week of WW's, I've lost 3.4 lbs!!! YAHOO. I am very pleased and am planning meals much better, and much healthier. Its all in changing those old habits, and not making excuses. Tommorow is a birthday party for my 4yr son. I've tried to sort of "sabotage" all the treats so I won't be tempted. For instance, in the rice krispie treats, I've put those candy sprinkles...(yuck, I hate those) and all over the cake icing ....yes, more of those sprinkles!!! Ha ha, only thing is that he loves them, so c'est la vie--he can have them!! Hope to be going for that book mark next week, so far so good. Take care and enjoy the day....temp tommorow is 68f, time for some nice outdoor walks!! bye "
Old 01-27-2002, 03:11 PM   #2  

Hello everyone!

I am new to this thread and hope you all don't mind me jumping in here... I used to post in here frequently a couple of years ago and am just getting back on the bandwagon.

I'm game for a St. V's day challenge...my for Valentine's is 250 pounds. I may be reaching a little...will have to wait & see what happens.

I guess I should have started by introducing myself...My name is Staci & I'm a 27 yr old mother of 1(yep, you guessed it, his name is Joshie) 4.5 year old and stepmom to 3. I started back OP about 2 weeks ago. No special program, just lots of water, excercise & watching my fat & calorie intake.When I was posting on this site before I lost 80 pounds...but lo & behold, did the yo-yo thing & gained it all back plus 50 more. So I have about 120 pounds I need to lose. I know it won't be easy and it's going to take a long time but with support from all of you I know I can do it. (I think! )

One of my big problems is that I need to be more active in the evenings. I've been doing really well about getting up early in the morning to excercise, but in the evenings I tend to just be such a couch potato! I'm trying to cook dinner earlier so that I'm eating earlier so I have a chance to burn some of it off before I go to sleep, but I just haven't been successful at getting moving in the evenings! So that is my goal for this week...to get some movement in in the evenings! I will try to keep you all posted and let you all know how I do.

So...that's all for now, I'll talk to you all soon.

Staci
268/260/140ish
Old 01-27-2002, 08:08 PM   #3  

Default WAY TO GO ANGEL!!!!! YAHOOOOO

Hey girls...how ya all doing? I am doing much better today than I did yesterday....I totally was out of control on my eating last night but thank god its back under control today.....!!!

ANGEL...YOU GO GIRL......THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Wondering how the party went for the little one......?!?!?!?!

JoshiesMommy......hi and welcome to our group......I am sure the others dont mind you jumping on in either.....we are pretty laid back group here and love to support and get support here.....so good luck on your new beginnings!!!

Hoping all is well with everyone else.....good idea Crone to start another thread....that one was getting pretty long!!!

Take care...LisaL
Old 01-27-2002, 08:45 PM   #4  
We can do this..and will!

Default Skinny Cows

Hey Pals, I am in for the St Patty's challenge...Has anyone ever heard of an ice cream product called skinny cows? Can't find it anywhere...Have a good evening....I am off to bed so that I won't eat!!! JH
Old 01-27-2002, 09:37 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

I'm doing great today, motivated by being up 3.5 from when I started this goal of being down 10.5 by St. V's Day. So that means my St. Pat's Poundage Goal should be to be down 14, but I'm amending it to 10 from where I am now. I don't post my weight, but weigh in every Sunday and post the ups and downs. My plan is the same one I lost 100 pounds on: calorie counting and two sessions of exercise a day. My "streak" is iffy right now, so I'm starting over at Day One and just trying to eat between 1500-2000 calories per day on average and do the two workouts, one short and one long.

When I reposted Angel-Eye's post this morning as inspiration, I forgot to say: WTG, ANGEL-EYES!

Joanie: I love Skinny Cows when I can find them. They have a website, "www.skinnycows.com/" ... maybe you can order them. Now I'm craving them, dang it!

Momto2Boys: Congratulations on coming back strong after sliding off last night. Sometimes it's a good thing to eat a bit more. Keeps the metabolism guessing!

Joshie's Mommy: Hello! It is always great to have more people on the bandwagon. You seem to have a sensible plan going on and are sure to yo-yo in the right direction. Good luck on your journey.

Also, I think a lot of people have trouble sticking to their program at night. Because of the crazy hours I used to keep, I came up with an eating schedule that runs from midnight to midnight, so when I get the urge to binge at night, I can often hold off until after midnight. By then I've lost the binge idea and am able to eat a small meal ... some fruit, dry cereal, lowfat milk, yogurt or a light protein shake or tablespoon of peanut butter, etc. If I'm not hungry or having an anxiety attack or anything at that time, I just wait until morning. Of course, I journal the calories and count it as my first "breakfast" of the day.

I got into the habit of the two exercise sessions because I knew that I needed flexibility in working out. Sometimes I have time for a long workout in the a.m., sometimes at night. I also like exercising at different times in the day, because each is a different kind of experience. In the a.m., sometimes I go for long and intense, sometimes just for waking up or feeling better, at night I often like to do Pilates or ballet to feel strong and centered.

Sorry for the length. Keeps me from eating again.

Onward & Downward: To St. V's and St. Pat's.

Power Charge! (I still have my sword.)
Old 01-28-2002, 09:14 AM   #6  

Hey girls....how was everyones weekend??? Mine was much better once I got back in gear yesterday!!!

Joanie....skinny cows are wonderful and only 2pts for the whole ice cream sandwich. They also have a new one that is mint ice cream inside the chocolate cookies.....They do tend to cost almost $5 here where we live so a lot of times I will just buy the light ice cream sandwiches and they are also 2pts each.

Crone.....My trouble with eating for sure at night when I am watching tv....but I have started to make sure I have a huge cup of water or crystal light on hand so when I feel like eating I drink away....helps sometimes but other times I cave in......normally eating the 94%ff popcorn......which is only 2 pts for 6 cups!!!

I am definately game for a St Patty's day challenge......we need to think of one and get others in on it like Marlana did ..... I think that really got our group going last time!!! When we competed against other threads it kinda boosted my motivation to do well!!!

Hoping you all had great weekends.....take care...LisaL
Old 01-28-2002, 10:37 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 2, The New

The new in control me, that is! Finished yesterday with 1770 calories. Exercise was an hour of jogwalking a.m. and pilates p.m.

My dual goal for St. V./St. Pat is 10 pounds down; if not by the first, then the second.

Momto2: I think a Marlana-style challenge to the whole board would be a super idea! But I'm reluctant to post it myself because I'm not really a leader type and I also think it'd be discouraging if people started then disappeared, which I sometimes do. But if someone who is gung-ho, focused and committed could come up with a challenge, I'd pledge to participate and stay with it.

"If you build it, they will come!"
Old 01-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #8  

Crone....I am not too good at coming up with challenges for the whole boards.....but maybe if no one else here is wanting to start a challenge with other threads....maybe we could ask Marlana to start one up with her group and we can get our group to join in on it and hope that we can overcome the others!!!!

I managed to get on the bike for 15 minutes today.....I have to start back into slow because of my darn knee....but 15 minutes is better than nothing I think....plus I did about 10 minutes of stomach crunches!!! I think I am truly ready to shed more weight and make myself look....DAMN GOOD!!!...LOL

Hoping your all having great days......talk later...LisaL
Old 01-28-2002, 01:19 PM   #9  
Mommy To Be

HI everyone!

I haven't posted for a while because I've been so busy!

Angel eyes Way to go on your weight loss so far!

LisaL I think a challenge for the whole board would be really fun. I guess we'll see if anyone takes us up on it? Great job on all your exercise!

Crone You can get those ten pounds off, I just know it.

Joanie You joined Weight Watchers! Good for you! I love WW. I've been doing this now for 2+ years. I love the Points system. Yes, Skinny Cows are super yummy but hard to find and $$$$$$$! Here they are $4.99 for a package of six. I just don't buy them. I'm happy with my smoothies or sugar free pudding, which are a lot cheaper to eat.

Well, I'm still trucking away at getting this weight off. After losing the baby I lost all control. I think I just wanted to throw it all away. Thank goodness I snapped out of that state of mind. I went back to WEight Watchers on January 7th and weighed in at 192 pounds- which is 22 pounds over goal. Gosh, that's really horrible. But I got over it. My first week I lost 3.4, last week I lost 1 (which I was really proud of because it was the night before TOM), and this week who knows what the iron monster will say. I've had the flu for a couple days and I've been having tummy/intestinal trouble all weekend. So I feel bloated and un-well. Don't know if I should weigh-in or not. Decisions, decisions. I might just save my money and go next Monday and see a bigger loss.

Let's see, I have three weigh-ins until V-Day, and my last weigh-in was 188- so I think I'll set my V-Day goal at 181. That sounds pretty do-able huh? That may also be one of my last weigh-ins if I succeed in conceiving in February. I guess time will tell! I think it may take Wally and I a couple months to conceive again, but you never know what God is going to give you.

I hope everyone continues to stay super motivated! I'm going to say today is Day 1 of my New Streak because over the weekend I ate mostly toast and soup and no veggies/fruits because I've been so sick. So today I'm back to eating by the numbers, not just in my Point range.

Thanks for listening! See you all next time!

Love, Lisa
Old 01-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #10  
Mommy To Be

P.S; Welcome to Joshie's Mommy. We posted together for a while back when I posted as Kody. I think it was you and I and Sophie's Mommy and Jen and a couple other people all posting together. Good to have you back!
Old 01-28-2002, 03:32 PM   #11  

Weesa...sorry to hear you were so ill over the weekend.....I also didnt know about the loss of a child.....I am so sorry.....but your so right......things always happen for a reason......and I truly believe when the time is right......you will have ALL luck with conceiving your baby!!! I wish you the best and your husband Wally!!!

Skinny cows here are about the same price and I hate to spend $5.00 on a snack food that wont last in the house very long.....I would rather buy the light store brand of ice cream sandwiches or the pudding is good too.....still havent gotten the stuff to make my own smoothies.....

well Jesse just got home from school so I need to go .... will check in again later......take care....LisaL
Old 01-28-2002, 03:48 PM   #12  

Default Fun, puns, and tons

Hey there, y'all! I'm not a regular poster to this thread, but I couldn't resist this pun or your streaks toward the coming St. Valentine's and St. Pat's holidays ...

I want to be in their number ... when the saints come marchin' in.
Old 01-28-2002, 05:14 PM   #13  
Happy Member

Default Count me in -

And I, too, will compete in the St. Val/St.Pat challenge. Good for all us saints as together we march toward a more healthy life.

I've not beem posting much since I have been struggling a bit. A couple of days streaking, than a day of not-streaking. You all know how that is. But each day gives us the opportunity to begin again,so here I am.

Weesa, I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your child. From personal experience Iknowthat thatlost child will always be an important part of your life. And I also hope that more children are in your future.

I have never heard of skinny cows. Probably just as well.

Joshie's Mommy and Venus, nice to meet you both. Keep coming back.

Joanie, it is good to hear from you. We must stay positive about all this. WW is a good program, tell us about it and how it works for you. Are you gaining any insights?

MomTo2Boys, I love my popcorn in the evening. I air pop mine and use I Can't Believe It's not Butter Spray on it. Probably too many additiives in the spray, but at least it is not salt and butter.

Crone, stick with it. You know all the hows of healthy eating. Consistency, that is what you and I need to tell ourselves.
And tell our selves, and tell ourselves!!! Forever!!!

So let'skeep at it, and keep smiling.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

So many posts today, hooray! I need to be working on stories but I'm surfing the net again. Why is that?

VenusEnvy & JoJoJo2: That should be our theme song: "When the saints go marching in." But since I don't really relate to saints, how about:

Oh when the thin,
Go marching in,
Oh when the thin go marching in
I want to be in that number
When the thin go marching in?

Where are the thin marching in to, exactly? They are marching in to health, smaller jeans and skinny St. Valentine and St. Patrick Days celebrations, where they will feast on Skinny Cows or their less expensive counterparts.

Forever!

Momto2Boys: I like to make smoothies with just frozen fruit and some water. Sometimes I add veges (carrots or whatever) or make a green food smoothie with frozen mixed vege. You can add apple juice to the vege drinks if you like. Sometimes I add soymilk, dairy milk or a tablespoon of slimfast powder. A good drink is a banana, some soy or dairy, a graham cracker and a tiny teaspoon of honey. It's going to be hot very soon ... smoothie weather. Another drink I like is a cup of vanilla soymilk whirred in a blender with tons of ice and maybe some coffee or chai. Tastes like a frozen latte drink but low cal.

Weeesa: Congratulations on getting back on track with WW and the 3.4 pounds! Good luck with the iron monster.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-28-2002 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:11 PM   #15  

Hello all...

How was everyone's Monday?

Mine kinda sucked. I think I'm coming down with something, or maybe it's just the change in weather...63 degrees yesterday, 40 today...I don't know...but I just don't feel very well.

The good news is I weighed in this morning & was down 2 pounds! Hooray! That leaves only 8 to go for my VD goal.
I've had a good couple of days...yesterday after church my MIL took us out to dinner at Culver's, who make the BEST 'butterburgers' & onion rings & custard...but I was a good girl & settled for a grilled chicken sandwich.Then took the dog for a nice long walk to enjoy the beautiful weather when I got home.
Then today I did pretty well at staying OP... I think I ate a bit too much at supper, because I was STARVING... but at least it was only chicken, so not too bad for me. Joshie & I took the dog for about a 40 min walk after supper, plus I did my Richard Simmons tape this morning too. I tend to be VERY much a morning person... that's what makes it so difficult for me to get moving in the evening...I'm usually up around 4 am , do my workout, get my housecleaning done, etc...the downside to this is, I'm ready for bed at 7:00! I'm pooped by then! And the other bad thing is that my hubby works nights, so when he's off our schedules are completely OPPOSITE, because his body's so accustomed to being up all night & sleeping during the day! Ours is rather a strange household...

And now a few personals...

Crone...I love the song! I'm gonna start singing that to myself every time I'm tempted to pig out!

Weesa...Great to hear from you...I'm glad to know somone from the old days is still around. Sorry to hear that you lost a baby...that's rough...but keep trying... trying is SOOO much fun, isn't it? (And if I remember sophie's mom correctly, a great calorie burner too...)

Lisa & JoJo...I love my popcorn too... I usually make the 94%ff kind & use the ICBINB spray to give it a little extra taste.

Well, that's all, folks, I'm off to bed soon.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

Staci

268/258/130ish
Closed Thread