Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 04:28 PM   #31  
Domestic Engineer

OK, I'll do the color thing too I'm having *another* great day!! Can't tell you how "easy" this is with fast food out of the picture! And I'm saving money too-- whoo-hoo!I'm on day 10 of my streak today w/plans to keep going to Day...and beyond! I am down 9 lbs from Jan. 2 (206 this morning) and now getting into "real territory" if that makes sense.

Sychie- I think you are doing great under the circumstances...I went through a divorce several years ago and there's just nothing like that emotional roller-coaster. Just keep checking in here and hanging in there "most" of the time... Time heals and all that...

Crone- wow, 60 minutes! That's great! I'm still at about the 25 minute level for my run/walking...I try to do another 10 or 15 minutes of cardio on the stairs or bike...It's getting easier all the time though!

Well, I'd better start thinking about dinner...have a mess of a house to pick up too. Check in later!
Old 01-30-2002, 05:55 PM   #32  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking YAHOO!!!

WTG Jelynn!!! That is fantastic news.....9lbs gone and good riddance. Keep up the great job.

I have been following ww's for just over a week now, and I'm pleased so far with my 3.4lb loss. I weigh in on Saturday's so ....hanging in with everything crossed!! Yesterday I felt like "snacking" all day, so I tried to say out of the kitchen and snacked on zero or 1pt stuff. I must have did a good job, because even though I ate and ate, I wrote down all my pts and still was within my range. Old habits need time to change, but I will do this. Today was a great day on the otherhand, didn't snack at all and ate my planned items. Actually, I felt so good....I went shopping!! How could I resist?.....$3. and $2.50 for some really really nice tops. They look really cute too. Well thats my day. HOpe everyone has a great day tommorow. bye
Old 01-30-2002, 06:12 PM   #33  

Default Great Job Jelynn!!!

Hey ladies, how are ya all???....I am doing pretty good tonight!!! I am going to continue my colors so that Crone doesnt feel left out....ha ha

Jelynn......congrats.....9lbs gone for good.....say goodbye to the OLD you and HELLOOOOOO to the HOT you!!!.....I too know all about divorce and it surely does mess with you....I lost a ton of weight......but then when I found happiness again....I gained it all back....haha!!

Angel....good for you on the shopping and bargains....husbands always love to see it when we can find bargains....ha ha.....I had such a good time chatting today and will try to make it in later but B is going to try to do his dads taxes online so if he finishes in time I will be in around 9pm or so.......take care and talk soon!!!

Joanie, Crone, JoJoJo, Sheila, Sychie, JoshiesMommy, Weesa....and any of you others that used to post with us but are just lurkers now.......how were your days???? Hoping you all did well!!!

Take care all and have a great night.....see ya in the morning.....LisaL
Old 01-30-2002, 09:44 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Default More Day 4

Ended at 1740 and plan not to eat again as I don't need to; second workout was a 20-minute walk. It's super cold out with snow in the mountains and the outlying communities. I don't even like to see the stuff, but my friends want to take tomorrow off and go look at it. I told them it'll be gone by then!

Jelynn: Way to go, your nine pounds low! The reference to "real territory" does make sense. It's gratifying when we are making new progress as opposed to redoing what we already accomplished. But both are important achievements, because losing weight is a recursive process. When we are able to master the on-again, off-again nature of the thing, then nothing can stop us.

Angel-Eyes: Sounds like you are doing great today and found a bargain. Clothes are a neat incentive to stay fit and trim, much better than chocolate!

MomTo2: I think Jesse is lucky to have a mom willing to go the extra mile for him. I personally don't see all that much structure going on in the public schools anyway. Good luck.

Sychie: You are welcome about the smoothies. I can't wait until the weather turns warm and I start doing them again! Hope things are working out for you at home soon.

Esto perpetua!
Old 01-30-2002, 09:58 PM   #35  
We can do this..and will!

Talking Weigh in #!

Hey Gals, I did pretty well on my first weigh in...6.2 pounds...I was the big loser! I went out to eat this evening, and for the first time in a looonnnggg time I was just able to eat and know that because I was within my points, I could have whatever I wanted and not feel guilty. What a revelation for me. I don't know when the last time was I ate without the guilt. Very different feeling! Well, I gotta buzz...it's bedtime! Love to you all...Jh
Old 01-31-2002, 08:20 AM   #36  

Default YAHOOOOOOOO FOR JOANIE!!!!

WAY TO GO JOANIE......6.2LBS GONE DOWN THE DRAIN....THAT IS SOOOOOO AWESOME.......!!! Doesn't it feel so weird and neat when you can eat and not feel guilty about what is going into your mouth....I absolutely love WW's for that very reason!!!...Keep up the great work girl!!!!

Well, Jesse truly gave me a hard time this morning about going to school and I made him call his dad to talk to him.......we finally convinced him to get ready and go and if he felt he couldnt be there then to call me......well we got him all ready only to have the radio say..."schools in berkshire county are closed"....they have already cancelled all schools here due the storm on the way.......!!!

Angel.....I will be into chat incase you read this around 9am.....gonna get a few things done around here this morning and then will come onto chat.....see ya then.......!!!

Crone....I try to do what is best for Jesse.....and I think public school is good for kids to develop some sort of structure and social skills....but when I have him learning from the little "$%&*heads" that he is learning from now makes me think him being at home would by far be better than that.....not to mention the level of crime in schools now even in elementary schools.......as a parent it makes me nervous to send him off to school and wonder if he is going to come home alive......but in the end I will do what I feel best for him!!!

Hoping you all have a great day.....Mine will be busy.....especially with both boys wound up and raring to go......but daddy will be home today around noon so he can deal with them for a while so I can get some good relaxing.......lol......I must still be dead asleep and dreaming.......LOL.....take care all.....LisaL
Old 01-31-2002, 09:23 AM   #37  
Happy Member

Default I'm still here -

I am still streaking "more or less" as I attempt to maintain my weight loss. Maintaining is tough, too.

Actually I tried to post last night but there was a glitch and my absolutely incredibly intelligent comments disappeared into cyberland, never to be seen again.

I wanted to comment on the 'losers' we have on this Board. You are doing so well, you evvidently know what needs to be done and you are doing it.

Joanie, 6+ lbs. gone is great!!! Jelynn, your weightloss is wonderful!! Everyone seems to be in such good control of what they are doing.

As for the color, this is the first time I've done this sort of thing. Crone, you started it, didn't you? And look what we are all doing now!!! Goodness!

So let's stick with our programs, and just keep on keeping on. It is worth it, we are worth it.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:19 AM   #38  

hello all. i think i shall be the odd one out and stick to plain ol' black and white.
to all of you who are losing so much and doing so well--WOW!! i am impressed and inspired by you! i havne't weighed in in a week or so, so i guess i will today (good reason to go to the gym today). went out for dinner last night and just could not resist the chips and cheese dip (mexican food is such a killer for me), but i realized that the rest of the day i had eaten very well (actually a bit too little), so it was ok. i am still working on making lunch my big meal, or at least not eating a huge dinner. sometimes i do better than others, but that is normal. i suppose this is day 2. lots of errands to run, hopefully i'll get to the gym, too...

take care everyone and keep up the good work.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:06 PM   #39  
Empress/Queen

Default Still Alive, Day 5

Intend not to give in to unhealthy habits today, though I'm trying to make a big decision and very stressed. One exercise is done: 40 minutes of circuit training with light weights broken up by aerobics. Much work to do today.

JoJoJo2: You are right, maintaining is hard and is the key to this whole weight thing. Losing is level one, but maintaining is level two and it goes on forever. Both levels are essential. I didn't actually start the color, just felt like doing it. Now I'm hooked. I used to be fascinated by making letters go back and forth on the screen and sent them out in all my emails until my friends got tired of it, so I stopped!

Sychie: I like lunch to be my main meal, too. Seems to make the day go better. Good luck on your weigh-in.

MomTo2: Sorry you are getting a storm. It's still cold here, but give the sun an hour and we'll be back in business..

JOANIE: SIX POINT TWO, WOO-HOO!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:28 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Default STILL WITH YOU

hello all

I'm still with you, I've had a good five day streak and am down 4lbs. so I'm feeling pretty good. Been riding my bike for 20 minutes everyday and lifting weights.

joannie-6lbs. thats great!!
Old 01-31-2002, 01:50 PM   #41  
Mommy To Be

Hmm so we're doing colors huh? How about a R A I N B O W ? ? ? ? ?

Okay that took me a long time.

Joanie Way to go on the 6.2 pounds down! Whoo-hooo! Don't you feel great? I agree- knowing I am "allowed" to eat pretty much anything is what really makes me love Weight Watchers. It's just so easy! Keep up the good work and keep making those good choices.

LisaL I think home-schooling is a good choice, you can always try it for one year. There are other ways for Jesse to be social without having to go to public school. Plus there are homeschooling groups all around now, since it's become more popular. I think I would like to homeschool too, but it is something that would take a lot of thought and work. I'm just not a big fan of public schools anymore, what with their sex-education and evolution junk they teach.

Sheila Good for you on your streak! Don't give up!

Hi everyone! I would like to make more personal replies but I don't have a ton of time. I've been doing pretty well OP but had to start over with a new Streak after Tuesday when I ate 39.5 Points. Not bad but not OP according to me "rules" Since then I've been doing much better. Now that we're working on making a baby again, I've noticed my motivation to lose weight has taken a back seat. I just want to put all my energy into baby-making and learning about babies, etc. Hopefully I can find a good balance and still keep losing weight until pregnant so I can have a nice, healthy pregnancy. I slept in and didn't work out this morning but I'll make up for that tonight I think. It's hard to go even one day without exercise! I've been doing it for 2+ years so I guess it's a habit now.

Well, it's been fun making these colors, but I really must go. So who has the longest streak so far? Have a great OP day! Love, Lisa
Old 01-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #42  

Hello all...

I haven't posted for a couple days...I've been sick & haven't moved far from the couch...but WOW have you all been busy. And I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so well...

I haven't been doing too well, I've been eating too much & moving too little...however, to look at the positive side of things, I've been trying to keep only lo-cal, low-fat snacks around...so even though I've been eating more than I should be...hopefully I'm not gaining. I'm planning to weigh in tomorrow to find out.
And actually, I'm really excited, not so much for the weigh-in part, but seeing how tomorrow is Feb 1, I'm planning on doing my measurements too...I'm excited about that. I'm about 10 pounds down from when I started, but when you're as big as I am, you don't feel any different and my clothes are not yet fitting any differently...so I'm excited to do the measurements and have something concrete to look at as far as how I'm doing...Does all that make sense?

I got an email today from my best friend who lives in NC...she will be coming home in 2 weeks to spend the weekend. I'm really excited to see her again as I haven't seen her since her wedding in April 2000... but I'm also 110+ pounds heavier than I was then and even though I know it won't change our relationship any, I still feel... I don't know exactly...ashamed or whatever.But I can't wait to see her. I guess I will just keep working hard and lose as much as I can between now & then.

Well that is all for now. I'll post tomorrow am & let you all know how the weigh in & measurements went.

Staci
Old 01-31-2002, 03:13 PM   #43  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking my two cents worth...

Hi Ladies. I feel so great!!! This morning I had a really nice chat with Momof2boys and L144s, what a nice way to kick off the day!! I just came back from a nice grocery shop.....picked up only fresh green stuff....you know for 1 hr, all I did was hang out in the produce isle. Since we've moved, believe it or not.....I've had a devil of a time recognizing product labels, and finding the foods that we like to eat. So it was very nice to wander the isles looking and seeing all the choices. Yeah, I know... I have too much time on my hands. LOL Most of what I purchased was all fresh veggies,fruit and salad stuff. The one thing that I did buy (and I might have already tried...mmmm) was a frozen fudgesicle by "guilt free", chocolate of course...BOY OH BOY...and only 1 pt. If you see these, buy them to try; you won't be sorry. Now, I'm going out to relax in the +70f weather....and might even have another one of those fudgesicles...(shhh) bye
Old 01-31-2002, 05:56 PM   #44  

Default Pssst....Rumor has it...Angel is eating fudgsicles and not sharing!!!! LOL

Angel...how dare you torment us with 2 WONDERFUL THINGS.....FUDGE (chocolate) and gorgeous weather.....I could smack you if my arms were long enough.....LOL...glad your enjoying the new changes in your life though!!!

Joshies.....I sure hope your feeling better soon....dont worry about what your eating right now...wait till your all better and then get back into it more seriously!!!

Sheila...way to go on your 4lb loss...thats great work.....keep it up!!!

Weesa.......thanks for your input on homeschooling....I too believe that some things they teach are NOT necessary and some things SHOULD be taught...guess it all depends on what they feel FIT for our kids......and what we feel FIT for our kids isnt good enough.....but we do have a choice and my next thing is to get family members to get off my back about my considering homeschooling.....they raised their kids....now they need to let me raise mine!!!

Well, I hate to run without getting more personal with everyone else but dinner is cooking and I should go check on it before it burns....LOL....will talk to you all later and for those of you getting this horrible sleet snow ice storm....please be very careful if you must drive!!!....Take care...LisaL
Old 02-01-2002, 08:36 AM   #45  

Good Morning Everyone!
It's Friday!

It's 7:30 am here, Happy Friday everybody! I've been up since about 3:30(not by choice, I woke up & couldn't go back to sleep).
Got up, did my RS tape, then spent the next 2 hours cleaning my house so I don't have to do it this weekend.

Well I weighed in this morning only to find out I maintained, no loss this time which is kinda a bummer but at least it wasn't a gain! The good news is though that I did take my measurements, and I've lost 3 inches off of my bust, 3 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off my hips for a total of 9 inches gone...HOORAY!! I would probably be much more bummed about maintaining if I didn't have this proof that I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Well I got to go to work now, will check in later;
Have a great, OP day!

Staci
Closed Thread