Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 12:36 PM   #16  

Default Hi Girls!

I'm still here. Embarassed to check in when eating is out of control, yet again. I seem to have just lost it, and can't find it.
The motivation/determination is gone.

On the upside, we have a new computer. A gift from our friend, a Pentium 4. The speed is awesome. Joanne is learning all over again. God is good to place such nice/generous friends in ones life.

Today, nice and cozy indoors watching a Canadian snow storm/freezing rain storm rage. I've kept ds and babysitting jobs home from school, the roads far too unsafe unless in an emergency.

I'm sorry to hear the flu bug heating a number of you and your families. Here, we wipe noses, the little ones all fighting colds.
Otherwise, we're ok.

My thoughts and prayers are with each of you.
Off I go now to feed the little hungry critters.

God Bless!
Joanne
Old 01-31-2002, 01:36 PM   #17  

I am feeling so much better today. Thanks for all the concern. I am not planning on going anywhere on my vacation. I am going to rest and clean house and work out side. My ds birthday is on Monday, he will be 9. And his party is on the 9th, so I will be planning for that!

I still did not make it to the gymn last nite. Dh didnt get back from church until almost 9p. So, I just ate dinner and went to bed.

Well, I guess that is enough for now.
Pravda
Old 01-31-2002, 11:34 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
It was great to turn on the computer and see all the posts!

Sami- what kind of volunteer work do you do? There is something nice about going to bed at the end of a day really tired. Good for you.

Wilma- ah, there is nothing better than a good winter!!!! (ours has been so warm). I just love how peaceful everything gets.
And great that you have the quilt to work on and keep warm under!!!! But, for your sake, I hope that the cold breaks soon.

Joanne- check in more often! Don't be embarassed due to lack of motivation. Maybe by checking in more some of the motivation here will rub off.

Pravda- glad that you are feeling better!!!!!

My day was busy, but ok. Got 2 pieces of wallpaper hung ( I hang paper pathetically slowly) but was not able to really put the time into it today with the kids home. Got a bunch of ironing done instead.
I am working at resolving the music problem, after making a few phone calls. Either a CD of the unknown songs or a tape made my one of the praise team singers just on melody will probably be in my hands by the end of the weekend, so I will be able to learn the songs from that. Or at least I hope so!

Well, it is bed time. Have a great nite. See ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 02-01-2002, 07:33 AM   #19  

Blessing this morning!
It is Friday YEAH!!!! I am off through the weekend and boy do I need it! And of course my house needs me to! My DD has 4 basketball games this weekend so I am going to be busy! Please keep my FIL in your prayers he was admitted into the hospital thursday for heart failure. He had a stroke in June and was doing better until after Christmas and has slowly been going down hill. I feel a lot of it has to due with stress due to his job terminating him due to him reaching end of short term disability. He has lost his income,life and health insurance and the sad thing is they didn't even tell him he thought he would go into long term disabilty and 3\4 pay. He has worked for this company for over 45 years and for 40 of it He worked there for free! He works for IRL (Indianapolis 500) it use to be USAC and it was Volunteer (they did get paid for some races) but when they split a few years ago it became IRL and became a place of employment. Sorry to keep going on and on.

Wilma-You keep warm! We are suppose to get a cold front today and I can tell it is colder today.

God Bless,
Sami
Old 02-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Hi~
Just a quick hello. I have had a very busy day, far busier than I had hoped it would be.

Sami- how old is your FIL? And the big question, is he saved?
I will keep him in prayer and your family too. Situations like this can be so stressful for the whole family.
Hopefully I can check in later. Sorry this is so short.

Ginny
Old 02-01-2002, 02:37 PM   #21  

Unhappy Weighed myself

I am so disappointed! I did not gain, which is a plus. However , I have not lost any in about 2wks or 3 wks.
I have been OP and I have not cheated! I have eaten enough calories, excersied and anything else I can think of.

I know that you can sometime stall, but I do not like it one bit!!!!!!!

Other than that, I am feeling great! Its friday and I have no plans tomorrow or next week! I am going to sit at home and clean house and plan a party!
I am going to rest and spend time with my husband how is off too!
I hope that all of you have a great weekend and have a great week next week
Pravda
Old 02-01-2002, 09:44 PM   #22  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday Evening my friends

Ahhhh, it's Friday. Last Friday found me sick as ever but tonight is the first night (and day) that I've felt pretty good. Thank you all for your prayers. I was really wiped out last week. But praise God, I am doing so much better......thank you all again for your prayers.

Ginny ~ I know what you're saying about work and attitudes. I should try to change MINE once in awhile and I'd probably not be bothered by the things that I'm bothered by. I can really let things get to me, I'm bad that way. I hope all is better with you and work. I am praying for you and the praise team. God will be with you and it will all work out.

Pravda ~ We're neighbors....I'm in east FW. Where do you go to church? I was/am looking for a new church home and have been going a few times to Pantego Bible Church. I pray that you are feeling better with that stomach thing. Where are you going on vacation?

Sami ~ I hope you can relax this weekend. You worked so hard last weekend that you deserve a nice relaxing few days. Take it easy or you'll be run down and we don't want you to catch what's going around.

Wilma ~ frosty up there huh? It was almost 80 degrees here only a week and a half ago and now, yesterday and last night, it was in the 30's!!!! Brrrrrrrr....stay warm.

Joanne ~ nice to see you here again. Whatca been up to??

Well, time to go relax. I was sick all last weekend that I need to so some serious housecleaning tomorrow. I feel like I can still smell "sickness" in the few places I was vegging out. Ha! Lysol will be empty tomorrow.

Oh, BTW, I lost 2.5 lbs this last week. Being sick DOES have it's advantages. Have a great evening and a wonderful weekend.

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/183.5/148
Old 02-02-2002, 09:29 AM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!

Zoe! So glad to hear that you are doing better!!Praise God for your restoring health. And your house is going to smell sooooo nice after you get done sanitizing it! (I like that feeling, like the whole place is spanking clean).

Pravda- don't be hard on yourself with the weight loss. A lot of times people plateau for a few weeks. I know that WW recommends adding a bit more excercise to break out of the slump. And be extra careful with your calories. Just make sure that there are no hidden calories that you are not accounting for.
You are doing fine. The weight will come off!!

Gotta go. Another busy day. Ds has a basketball game and I have a ton of housework to do. (Not much got done yesterday, and it shows ).
BTW, the situation with the praise team looks to be ok. I have called a few ladies and I will somehow be getting a tape of the music to "learn" the melodies from. And from there I can improvise.
Gotta go. Have a blessed day!
Ginny
Old 02-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #24  

Default Happy Lord's Day Girls!

A windy, snow squall morning from Southern Ontario to each of you. Hoping this Lord's day finds each of you feeling better and off to Worship!

Nothing too exciting happening around the farm. The storm of Friday/Saturday left us without hydro for about 3 hrs. ( many other areas 3 days) Our babysitting jobs just don't know what to make of no television, no stereo, and he gads, no Computer! Must admit that even I was getting testie. Putting in the time is easy for we 3, as barn chores need doing regardless of electricity.
Classy (quarter horse) would love to get outdoors and run but unfortunately the paddock is one solid sheet of ice a cut up leg accident waiting to happen. DS takes her out for a walk up the side road for at least some exercise. ( I know, it should be ME)
I enjoy winter very much, Dh on the other hand is hating it big time. The farm is a picture post card, ice shimmering everywhere.

I'm off now to ready for Worship. Here's wishing you all a grand Sunday. Following service we're off to friends for an outdoor fire complete with hot chocolate. ( I don't think she serves light)

God be with each of you and yours.

Sister Joanne
Old 02-04-2002, 10:11 AM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!
Joanne~ sounds as though you had a wonderful day!!!!!! (bear in mind that I am a winter nut). Beautiful scenery, a day of worship and an outdoor fire. Hope that all turned out as good as it sounds. The winter blahs setting in in your household too? Is your Dh difficult to live with when winter gets to him?

We had a fairly nice day, although quiet. A really good sermon at church (ok, they are all good but this really reached down into your soul and hit home). Then later we watched the superbowl- what an exciting game (if you are not a Rams fan). Dh and the kids ate all kinds of junk. I behaved myself- carrot sticks instead of all the fatty stuff they had. Ok, I allowed myself one small eggroll (about 2"long) and one pig in a blanket (mini hot dog sized) and that was it. Of course the sodium from just that is making me bloated today.
Got up at 5 am for my walk this morning. I have a very busy day ahead of me, so that was the only way.
Gotta go take care of the million things that must be accomplished today.
See ya later!
Ginny
Old 02-04-2002, 12:18 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Default Patricia had her baby!!!!!!!

BTW-
Patricia (Losingforgood!) - lost a few pounds this weekend with the birth of Joshua Kyle!!!! Everyone is doing well and is home.
Just thought some good news might make everyone's day.
(and congrats Patricia!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you are reading the thread and too busy to post)
Ginny
Old 02-04-2002, 01:00 PM   #27  
Quit counting at 45!

Congratulations Patricia! What a nice name!! I sure hope you and Joshua are doing well!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 01:24 PM   #28  

Wink Congrat's Patricia & Joshua!!!!

I love "babies"! Love rocking!!!!
All the very best to the entire family from snowing/blowing Southern Ontario.
Kiss/hugs to new baby, I can smell him from here. Nothing like the smell of a new born baby.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:43 PM   #29  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone

Patricia ~ if you're reading this, Congrats girl!!!!!!!!! Hope to hear from you soon and let us know how that beautiful baby is doing (and you too)

Ginny ~ hope you got more housework done than I did. I did manage to clean the den and bedroom, the 2 places I sat most of the time when I was sick so that sick smell is gone. Plus my little baby went to the groomer so she was cleaned up too. This week I'll finish the kitchen and dining room.

Joanne ~ your farm sounds beautiful, a picture perfect winder scene. Can you post a photo? I'd love to see it. I miss the winters we had when I lived in the Catskill Mt's on NY state. Small country town, 2 feet of snow all winter and one of the 'old timers' in town out in a huge sleigh being pulled by his Clidesdales....what a sight!! Gorgeous!!

Hi to everyone else.....have a great Monday night.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:49 PM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, Zoe, I got much less housework done than I wanted to! Mondays are so tough.......... digging out from the weekend, plus that I will be at work tomorrow and must set up for my day away.
I am glad that you got the sick smell out of your house. Do you have all your energy back???????

Thus ends a busy day for me here. I'm tired and wishing that I could go to bed, but I still have some work to do. But I thought I would check in and say hello.
Have a great nite! See you tomorrow.
Ginny
Closed Thread