3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Anyone else having trouble? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/129145-anyone-else-having-trouble.html)

Lovestorun 12-19-2007 08:52 AM

Anyone else having trouble?

Good Morning All!

I was just wondering if any of you are having a problem
this Holiday Season with exercise? I am having such a
hard time finding the time to do it. :( It is starting to
really play with my mind. I am fine on the eating part
of it however, it's the getting up in the morning and
getting my 3.5 mile run in that is starting to effect my
mood. I have just been so busy (as Iam sure you all are)
with shopping and getting together with friends and family
that my alarm goes off at 5am and I just can't get out of
bed. I feel awful :( like Iam letting myself down. Iam hoping/planning
that this time next week I am going to refocuse on myself.

On a high note Iam continuing to weigh myself and that is
holding steady (thankgoodness) Hope it stays that way.:^:

Thanks for letting me rant a bit. :D I wish all of you a
wonderful and safe Holiday! ;)

Lekhika 12-19-2007 09:22 AM

HOlidays are tough for everyone. Maybe it's time to give yourself a break over the holidays? Or...just try to do a little...even that much will keep you in the habit of exercising no? That, I've found is my greatest downfall, if I allow myself no exercise at all for even a couple of days, I find that I get complacent.

My suggestion....do what you can...even if it's 15 minutes a day and watch what you eat. After the holidays...bump up the exercise again.

Janie Canuck 12-19-2007 09:32 AM

I'm the complete opposite of you - too bad we can't combine forces, we'd be a holiday-weight-loss machine!

I've given myself permission to relax the eating a bit for Dec. (aiming to hold steady, any loss would be COMPLETELY bonus), but have made myself promise to keep up with the working out, which (so far!) I have done. I think the working out helps me to hold my eating in check, ie to have 2 cookies instead of emptying the plate. I agree with Lekhika, decide what you can do, even if it's not the same as your regular goal, and just do it. This time of year gets a little crazy, and I think we can all be forgiven if we modify our plans a little bit.

JayEll 12-19-2007 10:30 AM

It's all a matter of priorities, and if get-togethers with family and friends are more important than exercise, then that's what you'll do. :) You can't expect yourself to be able to do everything.

So, you have to make decisions. Will you really give up your run so that you can do more shopping? Do you have to go to yet another party? Will you be too tired to follow your program if you bake goodies all night? Things like that.

Good luck! Do what you can!

Jay

Slashnl 12-19-2007 10:46 AM

I'm with you on this one. In addition to not having a lot of time, it has been very cold here. I know I can do some exercise inside, but the outside exercise is what I prefer. It is just bitter cold outside.

I think it is time to give our minds a break. Christmas will be here before we know it and then it will be gone. Enjoy the time you have with family and friends and we'll all be right back on plan.

I do miss the structure of exercising that I had before the busy season hit!!

Cats tongue 12-19-2007 11:19 AM

Oh man! getting up at 5? No way would I be able to do that...

hmmm. Is there anyway you can fit exercising into your day? Christmas shopping for instance, you could do a lot of walking around the mall in between stores and stuff.
Or get the family outside for some Christmas fun... although I guess in Florida you probably don't have snow...

Other than that, I say don't get too hard on yourself. This is a time of year to relax, and if you're eating is going well it shouldn't be that bad if you don't get in steady exercise for a couple weeks.

GatorgalstuckinGA 12-19-2007 11:53 AM

so far it hasn't been a problem yet...but my family will be here friday pm - wed...so i have a feeling i might not do any then. But my theory is this...you need to find what works for you. I know personally, i'm going to try to do some exercise (if possible) while they are here...because it helps relieve any stress i might have (especially stress about eating bad). But if you are finding that its stressing you out too much to get the workouts in...then do what you need to do. Just keep a check on the eating part. Good luck and relax for pete's sakes..its the holidays...it shouldn't be stressful. Its a time to enjoy!

mandalinn82 12-19-2007 01:14 PM

I am having no problem getting in my exercise, but a HORRIBLE time eating. And for me, diet makes a much bigger difference than exercise, so it's a little unfortunate.

My advice - keep your food under control as much as possible, get small bursts of activity in whenever you can, and get ready to hit it hard when January gets here.

kappy 12-19-2007 01:27 PM

My job has totally blown up, I'm not getting out of the office in time to go before it closes. I'm in the office by 6:30, the gym doesn't open in time to go there first and then go to work. I'm not getting time to get a walk in at lunch. I'm not getting time to go heat my lunch! I've even had to go in to work on the weekends.

Forget about the holiday baking for the kids, forget about the holiday shopping (thank heaven for on-line!), forget about finishing any projects that were in the works to be delivered over the holidays. For that matter forget about house cleaning, laundry, etc. as well!

However that family party on Saturday is NOT optional, I will be there, I will be happy, I will have a good time even if I do have to leave work to attend and then go back to work after we return!

And to top it off I may have to find one of our offices while out on vacation to, yes, go to work.

Work out? I WISH!