Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #1  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Angry Hrmph. Wounded ego.

I guess its time to get real - its time to start a real plan again. I've crept up over the last few months, in part because I don't have a properly functioning scale, I'm in a strange country, I broke up with my boyfriend of a year and I've been depressed, and I'm profoundly stressed out. Yesterday was my 20th birthday and people took lots of pictures, and I barely recognized myself in a lot of them. God, its depressing to regain weight. So lets face facts. I'm bloated pre-period, but its probably better to be harsh here.

I WAS: Weight around 135, bust 36, waist 27, hips 38.
I AM: Weight at least 145, maybe *cringe* 150, bust 37, waist 30, hips 39.

OUCH. Ok. From today, time to come back down to earth.
Has anyone else had to do this, and can you please make me feel like this is less of an everest? Losing 15 pounds now looks harder than losing 50 did when I started.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Bekka -

Let's look at the positive here. One, you already KNOW what you need to do, because you've done it before, right? So you have the experience of having a plan that WORKS, all lined up. A major plus, to be sure!

Two, you stopped this gain before all the weight you'd lost came back. That is a VICTORY. Everyone falls down from time to time - the question is whether you get back up, or just let yourself languish on the ground. You are getting back up! for you!

You've got some challenges, sure - being in a strange country, life changes - but you CAN overcome them. Just get right back on that track and KEEP GOING...you can do this! As of RIGHT NOW, you are officially back in the game.

Keep on plan, keep posting here, and just like before, the pounds WILL come off.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I agree, I know the feeling of panic when you see pounds coming back on. And if it's any consolation, I can't wait to weigh 150, and I'm shorter than you!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #4  

I know. Worst feeling ever :-( I'm with you.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #5  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't say worst feeling ever... but definintly exhausting to contemplate. Yesterday was the start - I woke up feeling hungry this morning, definitely a good sign for me. Yogurt and a banana for breakfast instead of ice coffee and a chocolate crossaint. Its the exercise that I think will be most difficult to get back into. Any suggestions for exercises you can do in a dorm room? I'm living in Jerusalem, and they don't talk about it being the city on a hill for nothing - I couldn't run here if my life depended on it.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Seems obvious but if you can't run, walk. A brisk walk up those hills will be a good work out.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

And as for the dorm room - is it large enough to do lunges, squats, dips, sit ups, push ups etc? You could get a few hand weights or resistance bands and do some strength training.

When I lived on campus I used to dance a lot in my room and I found pilates a good option. I'd even run on the spot from time to time lol.

I can understand how you feel though. I went from about 130 pounds when I met my boyfriend to 145 pounds when we broke up in September...we were together a little over a year but urgh...looking at those late photos was awful. Really had to face the fact I'd gained and my clothes didn't fit anymore!

Pulled myself together and have lost 10 pounds and actually fit into clothes I haven't since I weighed 120 pounds (!) despite being heavier. But then...thats entirely to the credit of muscles hehe.

It's definitely attainable and you'll do it! =D

Last edited by Lyria; 12-19-2007 at 04:52 AM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #8  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh that sucks.

Man. I'm feeling you right now. With exams and stress and sugary foods around... let's just say I hope to get to New Years sans gain.

Strength training and squats and stuff will work in a dorm room. Also dancing around sounds like a good plan as well.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote