Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default Just have to put it in writing...

This week has been a failure. I got sick starting last weekend and it has continued all week (I currently have no voice). Because of that my eating habits went down the tubes and I couldn't go to the gym (I had a sore throat and hacking cough). This morning I weighed in at 157.5... 2 lbs up from last week. Now I have almost 8 lbs to go to reach my christmas mini-goal.... which is only 4 weeks away- That's 2 lbs a week, that I need to lose consistently to get there. Tomorrow, which is my "official" weigh-in will be a day of recommital... I want to reach 150 by Christmas... I am determined to do it. I feel like a failure this week, and I feel quite ashamed- this is my first weight GAIN since I started this journey at the beginning of October. I have always either maintained or lost. I know that by admitting this to you guys, it helps to solidify what I need to do... because I wouldn't want to let you all down. With work, and finals coming up, and the holidays, it will be so hard to fit all my exercise in... but I really have to try. Thanks for listening... I just needed to get that out there.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are not a failure , it is not unusual to see fluctuations in weight, that 2 lbs will disappear very soon. Just get back on track and you will be successful.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

LittleMoon - don't be so harsh on yourself. You were sick. Things happen. Just get back right where you were....working hard, eating right, working out. You need it all. It is a tough time of year to stay on track, but with all of us out here rooting for you....how could you not?

SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Take it easy... 2 pounds is nothing to be upset about--it could be simply because you've been sick.

When folks get sick it's not a free ticket to overeat, but at the same time, restricting food isn't the best way to get better. The best thing is to eat good quality foods in an amount that will maintain your weight until you're well.

There is no failure in this, unless you thought you were entitled to pizza and ice cream bars nonstop the whole time. And even if that's what happened, it's over now, and you just have to go on from here!

Hang in there--you will reach your goal--maybe not "on time," but you will!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #5  
No description available.

Sick? I'm not sure we are allowed to get sick. What were you thinking???

I'm kidding of course. Please be kind to yourself. Get well. Eat lots of stuff with vitamin C. Drink tea. The scale will not disappear if you don't make your goal. It will still be there....it will ALWAYS be there...mwahahahaha!!! No rush, sweetie.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Height: 5'8"

Go easy on yourself. You were sick. You didn't fail. Sometimes life gets in the way. Just get back on track as soon as you can. Take care of yourself.
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Height: 5' 5"

You are doing great! I know how you feel, but there will be weeks like this and you only fail if you give up. You have proven you are a success by recommitting and moving on.
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote