Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Anyone else addicted to the fashion and style magazines like I am? I've always been, I like fashion. But as I get a little older, and since I haven't been tall/thin in years it bugs me more. I used to be able to wear anything and feel so thin. I tried to get that back a few years ago, actually I think I got a bit too thin - my clothes were hanging on me. Sure I could wear the cute Sevens jeans but at what price? Working out two hours a day, not eating enough... movie stars have time to do this, they have trainers, they have nannies for their kids, real people can't devote this sort of time to exercise, and if we do at what price? What do we give up? When I was getting too thin I wasn't concentrating on other parts of my life - friendships, family, you name it. Life is about balance. How about a balanced body, not super thin, but healthy so that we have energy. Yes life's too short to not like our bodies but we can be comfortable and enjoy our best traits. Fashion magazines and books does give me some knowledge - there's all sorts of ways with clothes to make oneself feel better every day even with some extra weight. Recently I cleaned out my closet and dumped anything that I didn't feel "really" good in. Every day I'm trying to be a little classier in dress and how I react to others. Class isn't about being a size 0, size 2, size 6, whatever, it's about being happy, caring about others, loving God and not being so self absorbed.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote