Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #1  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I've done messed up now!

Well, let me just say that I've been doing so well lately. I've been doing everything right. I've been steadily losing weight, and coming closer and closer to my goals. That's the good news. What's the bad? What is the purpose of this post? Here goes...

This past weekend, we went camping. It was an intentional screw up from the beginning...I was fooling myself into thinking that I could handle the situation but I was lying to myself. The reality was that for meals, we planned on eating hot dogs friday night, quesadillas for breakfast, chili and cheese over fritos for saturday's lunch, and more hot dogs on saturday night. We also supplemented all of this with chips and lots of beer. Oh, did I mention that I drank about 12 ounces total of water for Friday night and Saturday all day and night??? Bad bad bad...I know.

We had a GREAT time though. I mean fabulous. There is nothing like communing with Mother Nature.

I weigh myself every day and average it out after 7 days. Last week's average was 215.2 lbs. That was a 2.11 lb loss from the week before. What did I weigh this morning after a weekend of overindulgence? 219.2 lbs. But I am not going to freak out about it until the end of the week when I average it all out. I couldn't have gained all that in two days. I think it was because I ate a lot of salty foods and drank no water and dehydrated myself with all that beer. To top it off, after I weighed myself, we went off to the buffet for lunch! What gives, people?

Now what the do I do about Thanksgiving??? I was hoping to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving but now I am going to be worrying about what I am eating because of what I did this past weekend!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Troo,

Isn't it interesting how we can fool ourselves into thinking we are able to handle it, when anyone looking in from the outside would be shaking their head... Could it be that river in Egypt?

It's hard to see how a fun-filled weekend of hot dogs, chili, cheese, and beer would aid in weight loss... So, it's not surprising your weight is up. Some of it will go away, of course, but you may only find yourself back where you started.

Do you have a plan for Thanksgiving? I hope so... For me, calorie counting works, but I try to think ahead rather than just adding it all up at the end and seeing what the damage is.

Good luck, Troo!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Jay is right... some of that weight will probaby come off. It sounds like your weekend diet had a lot of sodium... much of it might be water retention. The big thing I think you want to make sure you don't do is "Oh well, this week is shot anyway... so I'll just eat what I want and get back on plan... next week... yeah..." That is how all of my diets failed in the past- it created a snowball effect, and I never got back on plan. For Thanksgiving, enjoy it in moderation- but don't go overboard. Try to keep your portions small, and maybe exercise a little extra this week. Just make sure that no matter what, when THanksgiving is over, you are focused on continuing and you don't fall into the same trap I always did. If I had ever stuck to the diets I did years ago... I would already have the body of my dreams today. That is what keeps me motivated now.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #4  
Future Wonder Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
It's hard to see how a fun-filled weekend of hot dogs, chili, cheese, and beer would aid in weight loss...

Do you have a plan for Thanksgiving?
Jay, you are so funny! Yes, who would have thunk a weekend like that wouldn't even make me LOSE weight??? haha You know what is sad? My hubby ate almost exactly like I did (he had 1 less hot dog + less chips) and he LOST 2 lbs! How does that work???

As far as Thanksgiving, I do have a somewhat plan: I am making my mashed potatoes with vegetable broth, parmesan cheese, garlic and about 2-3 Tbls of butter instead of loading it up with butter and heavy cream. We are also having turkey (of course), mushroom gravy, green beans (not green bean casserole, but good old fresh green beans simmered until they are smushy like we like them), and veggies with lowfat dip for snacking until dinner is ready. Bad things: stuffing and broccoli-cauliflower-cheese casserole. No dessert. Well, I may make these lowfat/healthy pumpkin spice muffins that I made last year. I'm going to measure out the bad things (1/2 c servings of each) and calorie count. I might maked smushed apples and sweet potatoes, too, as after I typed this I realized that I don't really have a lot of low calorie things on the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoonRabbit View Post
The big thing I think you want to make sure you don't do is "Oh well, this week is shot anyway... so I'll just eat what I want and get back on plan... next week... yeah..." That is how all of my diets failed in the past- it created a snowball effect, and I never got back on plan. For Thanksgiving, enjoy it in moderation- but don't go overboard. Try to keep your portions small, and maybe exercise a little extra this week.
Hi Rabbit. I surely hope a lot of that might be water retention. I have a goal to make and I am doing well (except this weekend!). It's tempting to take that mind set you mention, it would be a perfect excuse to over-indulge. What do you think of the menu I mention above? I'm not going to freak out too much until I weigh myself until next Saturday and average it all out...then if I gained more than 2 lbs, I will probably be really upset. So, I definitely have to be careful Thanksgiving, like you said.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #5  
Future Wonder Woman

Well, the problem of leftovers and too much food is out the window: I have 3 last minute guests coming and we actually had to add a side dish. Now, I am worried that we won't have anough turkey! Do you think a 13 lb turkey is enough for 7 people?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

TROO ~ Well dear at least you had great weather! And no smoke in the air. Do Thanksgiving just as you had planned ~ enjoy your company ~ get in some extra bike riding with your DH over the week-end and just START OVER!...the past...we can't change...we can change some of our future!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote