Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #1  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Moving the Big 50 lb. Block

Would anyone like to share your experience with "moving the big block" on the scale?? I am just a couple pounds away from being able to move the 50 lb. block on the scale as I move under 200. I am soooo excited about being able to do this. However, I'm a bit hesitant to get crazy over it so I don't set myself up for some kind of letdown when the moment "isn't all that".
Any thoughts?? Suggestions??
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The transition to ONEderland is a fabulous, celebratory event for all of us. It is a BIG deal and a huge success. Some people (myself included) get a little discouraged at the same time, thinking about what they have left to do. But let yourself get excited! Do a little happy dance as you move that block over and then come and post here in the minigoals forum! Because being in the 1's is a GREAT victory to share.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I just went to my doctor's today. And the nurse was weighing me doing the start at 100... be polite & move it up slowly approach, and I laughed and moved the blocks to where they were supposed to be. ( I just think it's hilarious that I know my weight that well now. I'm not even ashamed!)

But one year ago, that BIG block was a notch up. Seeing that... really motivating! I'd love to see it another BIG notch down this time next year ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
And the nurse was weighing me doing the start at 100... be polite & move it up slowly approach
and they always tap tap tap it slowly from 101-150 before they move the block.

Moving the big block is cool...especially at the doctor's office where between clothes and lunch I am usually about 8 lbs heavier. Even in my "thin" years before I never got to go down to the block that matched my home scale.

OK...and here is a mini-peeve. When you are pg they weigh you EVERY visit which is at least once a month. And towards the end it is EVERY week They have your previous weight RIGHT THERE in front of them and you are SUPPOSED to be gaining.

So why do they STILL do the polite creep from 100 -tap tap -tap - Do you THINK I lost 84 lbs since you saw me 6 days ago? When politeness replaces brain function it becomes patronizing.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just a thought--it might not be politeness, it might be protocol. Any nurses out there care to shed some light on this?

I am just barely at the point where I can move the block--in fact, it depends on the day! Now that is really maddening... I don't think I'll be thrilled with it until I'm at a point where I know I won't have to move the block back up.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/268.8/140

Height: 5'5"

Sandra -congrads on your lose WOW the big block, I havent seen that move in a LONG time!! Thanks for your welcome response and yes I know Albion well, I dont know how to respond to your private message it wont let me do it!!
shepardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

shepardgirl,

After you have posted a few more times, you'll be able to send PMs.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #8  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Shepardgirl ~
Ya.... I forgot about that... I think you have to have like 10 posts or something before you will be able to answer. Ooops. Sorry about that. We have a great group of ladies posting under Miscellaneous, the Sexy Chicks thread... check it out if you want. We have a good time in there with each other and offer lots of support and encouragement AND kick each other's butts when needed too. LOL
Take care!!
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I have to say it was a great feeling when i didn't have to move that block over to 150 and then tap up to see my weight at the gym!! It is something to be very happy about...no matter what your current weight. Not having to move that block up that extra 50 is a wonderful feeling and i think you should definately rejoice. I have a doctors appointment in december and can't wait to see what my doc says about my weightloss. I am really hoping to be closer to 130 than to 140 when i go. Especially since they weigh you with clothes on. I am going to wear the thinnest clothes i have that day!!! lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote